2012 Toyota Land Cruiser

See Photos & Videos

Overall

FJ Cruiser

by Huck from Boston | April 9, 2012

Great car...I've owned a lot of suv's. explorers mostly...had tranny issues with 2 of the 4 explorers I owned a 1996 and a 2004 v8...The FJ engine/tranny is nice and smooth...great ride strong engine even with the 6 270hp....no issues with blind spots...a little less viewing out that right rear window than my explorer but the mirror/s more than make up for that...smaller issue than people make it out to be...just a great car for the money...however, if you are putting children in car seats in and out of that back seat maybe not the car for you...a little tight back there in terms of moving car seats in and out of it...I would suggest you try putting the seats in and out a few times before you buy it if you have young kids....there is enough room for two adults but I wouldn't want to spend 5 hours back there on a long ride...mine kids are grown so yippee for me....rock solid...22.5 MPG if you keep it at 65 or so...just a very nice riding car....unless you plan to take this 30K plus car off road I don't think you really need upgrade package with atrac...atrac and locking diff can only be used when in low 1 four wheel drive (creep mode) so maybe not something you need unless you are going to trick out the truck with off road stuff (winches) and the like and really take it off road...reliability...not sure just got it...my lexus gs was very reliable...kind of drove me to another toyota so to speak...car is a tank and rides great...noise level not too bad with the racks...wind can sometimes push you around a bit (when really windy)....radio system is probably rated a B....I am not a huge audio person...love the blue tooth and sirius radio though....car is a little smaller than my explorer but that was one of the reason's I bought it...nice and nimble...I can load my dogs hunting stuff fishing stuff in it...cargo a little smaller than my explorer but no problem really...again I knew what I was getting and wanted something a little smaller....nothing about this car I don't like yet...mine is a 2012 base model with convenience package...great in the snow...very good...

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Featured Services for this Toyota Land Cruiser