2009 Toyota Matrix

2009 Toyota Matrix

Available in 4 styles:  2009 Toyota Matrix 4dr Hatchback shown

Overall

Totally happy with the MATRIX...

by geneo from TEXAS | June 9, 2014

Beautiful car, economical and holds the road like glue. The ergonomics are very good, and the 5 speed allows for exceptional hyper mile driving ...!

Awsome !!!

by Andrew B from Suniside, Fl | January 8, 2014

A little sporty, a lot practical, amazingly reliable. Design is Clean & Simple, Driving is Balanced & Poised. Quick & smooth without being completely lifeless. A sport hatch for the pragmatic.

2009 Matrix

by Matrix Fan from Norman, OK | April 14, 2013

I am thrilled with the 2009 Toyota Matrix. It handles so well it is effortless. Quiet engine, smooth in every way. Interior great. Couldn't ask for a better vehicle for the price. Very glad I made this purchase. You will, too. The hatchback is fabulous. Great for loading/unloading groceries. Much better than a trunk.

love it and 2.4 liter engine and manual makes it

by money saver from san diego | November 28, 2011

Love the matrix s model with 2.4 liter engine. got manual for more fun...Well built and quiet for small car...

TRULY A WELL DESIGNED AND AMAZING CAR!!

by SWallace from Austin, TX | August 29, 2011

I purchased my Matrix a few months ago and have had 0 problems with it. The car made a road trip from Texas to Colorado and back again with no problems and getting 30-35 mpg the whole way. This car did everything I asked of it without any trouble. Recently, I was in a vehicle accident with my car. A large pile of debris on a freeway caused my car to slide into the concrete wall at roughly 50-60 mph. Both my girlfriend and I were the only occupants and we walked away with only minor bruising and sore muscles. The fact we hit the wall going that fast and had no injuries is nothing short of AMAZING! This car gets 5 stars on safety!!!! I will recommend this car to anyone and will be looking to replace my original as soon as possible.

Incredible car

by Love good cars from lincoln ne | June 29, 2011

I have owned this car for 3 years and it is awesome. have had no problems. great gas mileage. fun, sporty, comfortable. easy 4 people ride. traveled 536 miles monthly and had incredible gas mileage...uppper 30s. loved my ac plug!!! could charge the computer, DS, cell phone, etc with no adapter. satellite radio cool. just a comfortable reliable ride for 3 years. my lease is up and i am purchasing the car. wouldn't trade it for the world(:

It's Cute too!

by Economy can be fun from Asheville, NC | June 28, 2011

I love my Matrix! With a 40 mile rt commute and weekend traveling to play gigs, I needed to trade my '96 Tacoma (with 240K miles) in on something a bit more... umm... trustworthy. The Matrix is fun to drive and has the modern comforts like CD/MP3 player, remote, etc. that all the grownups already have! I have the zippy 2.4 L engine but it still gets 35 MPG on trips. Mine is bright red, so it's kind of cute too. I've had it for 6 months and still have quite a crush on it1

'09 Matrix

by The one who bought a Matrix from Los Angeles, Ca | June 6, 2011

Overall great car. I only have 2 complaints: 1. The cup holders suck 2. There is no rear windshield wiper These two things are annoying but not deal breakers. The good outweighs the bad in this vehicle.

Disappointed Matrix Owner

by Disappointed Matrix Owner from Newport, OR | May 24, 2011

Overall, I am unhappy with the Matrix. I'm sure it will be a reliable car, but it is uninspiring. The paint job is terrible and the hood and front bumper look like they were sand-blasted. Dealership told me that's just the way it goes, not a defect. The seats are uncomfortable and the headrest makes my head jut forward. The upholstery is cheap and shows water spots badly. The cup holders don't fit most cups. The gas mileage is much lower than reported. I have yet to get more than 30 mpg on the highway. You have to be prepared to spend some money on mats for the trunk area or your stuff will slide all over. Pros: my dog likes it.

Solid Car with Many Features for the Money

by Happy Matrix Owner from Orlando, FL | April 10, 2011

I've had my 2009 Matrix XRS for over a year now, and it has been a great car. I came from an older BMW 3-series and was worried that moving to a Toyota would take some getting used to. In all actuality it really didn't! Like the old Beemer this car feels very solid and drives with the confidence of a much larger vehicle. It is very easy to maneuver and has a nicely weighted steering feel. (Many Toyota's are way too overboosted) My XRS trim has the 2.4L engine which seems much faster than it's bhp and torque figures would suggest. Getting on the highway is a breeze. I've driven the 1.8L version and the gas mileage is a large improvement, but you will pay for it with the extreme lack of power. Even though this is a small vehicle, it weighs about 4000 lbs with the 2.4! I'm very impressed overall with this vehicle. Here are some pros and cons: PROS -QUICK...the 8.69sec to 60 posted on cars.com must be up-hill. I usually get low 7's. -Handles GREAT, very little roll in corners -Rear seat comfort and leg room -Optional JBL Sound system (blows my BMW's H/K away!) CONS -Road noise is almost louder than the JBL Stereo -XRS 18" tires are NOT cheap! -SMALL gas tank (only get 250 miles a tank usually) -Plastic silver "trim" all over dash should be in a Yaris -People will ask you all of the time, "How do you like your Prius?" UGHHHHH!!

Featured Services for this Toyota Matrix