2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder

26 city / 32 hwy

Overall

Exotic car? Or not?

by Harold 270hp from Woodbine ks | January 21, 2015

I got an 03 MR2 in the middle of my senior year. My dad had the first gen when I was a kid and i fell in love then, then he got the 03 and being a in my teens seeing this car I wished I could just drive it. I drove it my whole senior year and I don't see why people think that it won't beat other cars because I raced so many kids and I just spanked them. Yes my car had some performance put into it but they're light weight and fast. I have never drove a car that has compared to the joy that this car has. I am young and I don't really need storage so I just put subs in the compartment behind the seats and I have people looking my way everywhere I go. Instead of the stock hp I have upgraded it to around 270 hp after a few parts but as it is right now I put mustangs to shame. I'm in the military and I left my car at home and I miss it everyday. But when I get back I hope to get it around 650 hp and it will blow away pretty much anything I race. This car isn't hard to do work to at all some things are pricy like tires but I run two types of tires so I can get more traction for hammering around corners. If you're looking for a car that you just want to have fun in and have a daily driver this car will do anything you want. You have the ability to have a fun cruiser to a car that can go really fast if you put the time and effort into it. I have no complaints about this car because it's my over sized go cart and who doesn't want that and I'm 6'2 and I fit just fine in it

hot

by sosclaude from montreal,canada | April 17, 2012

this is my second mr2 i wanted a semi auto but needed the six speed cause i do a lot of highway these cars handle like theay are go carts each curve is pure adrenalyn rush toyota reliability and esae of maintenance have convinced me too bad for my porsche but i do not have the patience to deal with such a picky and expensive third vehicle

Fun Fun Fun

by Don from Beloit, Ohio | March 5, 2012

One of the most fun and asked about cars I have ever owned. Incredible reliability, gas milage and style.

my favorite car

by luvmespyder from Germantown, MD | August 29, 2011

I keep my car in the garage most of the time to make sure it stays as great as I can keep it. I wish it had more storage room for road trips, but my wife and I still love it.

This car turns heads

by LuvMyMR2 from Alpharetta, GA | June 4, 2011

If you're considering buying this car, do it! You will not be disappointed. I get complements on her all the time, and cause there's not a million of them on the road you'll probably be the only one in your city driving one. Only down side, super expensive insurance.

Fantastic Car

by Green&Tan MR2 from Raleigh, NC | April 6, 2011

I bought my 2003 MR2 Spyder in 2006, certified pre-owned. It's a shame that Toyota has stopped making these, because they truly are a gem. The leather seats are comfortable, acceleration is great for a 4-cylinder, the clutch has a nice spring to it, breaks are very responsive, and cornering/turning are second to none. And if you're on the short side like I am, and you often feel that most cars are a little too big for you, this one will be the perfect fit. I've spent nothing other than routine maintenance. The only negatives that you should be aware of are 1) between the loud engine and the air blowing over the canvas rooftop, it's a loud ride, and 2) the tires are EXPENSIVE and hard to find - they have to be ordered in advance. But these two things aren't enough to make me rate the car less than a 5. For comfort, luxury, and sportiness, you can't beat it for the price.

A great, fun, economical, sporty car.

by Sport from PA | March 24, 2011

A very economical and sporty vehicle. Fun to drive and low maintenance. I'd buy another when tToyota starts making them again.

Mr2 Spyder 2003

by Pierrerialta from Joliette, Qu├ębec, CANADA | March 5, 2011

Best exotic sport car for low money. Driven since one year without any problem. Cheap on gaz. Show over 120 000 miles and run like new. Remember, it's a Toyota.

Fantastic

by Ms2 from FL | August 31, 2010

This car will turn a corner and heads very quickly. MR2 was thought to be Midship Runabout, at least that is what is says on my car. If you can find one buy it and enjoy. Reliabilty can't be beat and it is great on gas. Whoever said money can't buy you love.... well they haven't owed an MR2.

Really Cool Car

by Cybastyen from Atlanta | August 6, 2010

I've now owned my Spyder for a little over four months now. It has been a great car. Excellent on gas, unique, very low to maintain & handles like a dream. I truly love my poor man's Porsche!!

Featured Services for this Toyota MR2 Spyder