2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder

26 city / 32 hwy

Overall

hot

by sosclaude from montreal,canada | April 17, 2012

this is my second mr2 i wanted a semi auto but needed the six speed cause i do a lot of highway these cars handle like theay are go carts each curve is pure adrenalyn rush toyota reliability and esae of maintenance have convinced me too bad for my porsche but i do not have the patience to deal with such a picky and expensive third vehicle

Fun Fun Fun

by Don from Beloit, Ohio | March 5, 2012

One of the most fun and asked about cars I have ever owned. Incredible reliability, gas milage and style.

my favorite car

by luvmespyder from Germantown, MD | August 29, 2011

I keep my car in the garage most of the time to make sure it stays as great as I can keep it. I wish it had more storage room for road trips, but my wife and I still love it.

This car turns heads

by LuvMyMR2 from Alpharetta, GA | June 4, 2011

If you're considering buying this car, do it! You will not be disappointed. I get complements on her all the time, and cause there's not a million of them on the road you'll probably be the only one in your city driving one. Only down side, super expensive insurance.

Fantastic Car

by Green&Tan MR2 from Raleigh, NC | April 6, 2011

I bought my 2003 MR2 Spyder in 2006, certified pre-owned. It's a shame that Toyota has stopped making these, because they truly are a gem. The leather seats are comfortable, acceleration is great for a 4-cylinder, the clutch has a nice spring to it, breaks are very responsive, and cornering/turning are second to none. And if you're on the short side like I am, and you often feel that most cars are a little too big for you, this one will be the perfect fit. I've spent nothing other than routine maintenance. The only negatives that you should be aware of are 1) between the loud engine and the air blowing over the canvas rooftop, it's a loud ride, and 2) the tires are EXPENSIVE and hard to find - they have to be ordered in advance. But these two things aren't enough to make me rate the car less than a 5. For comfort, luxury, and sportiness, you can't beat it for the price.

A great, fun, economical, sporty car.

by Sport from PA | March 24, 2011

A very economical and sporty vehicle. Fun to drive and low maintenance. I'd buy another when tToyota starts making them again.

Mr2 Spyder 2003

by Pierrerialta from Joliette, Qu├ębec, CANADA | March 5, 2011

Best exotic sport car for low money. Driven since one year without any problem. Cheap on gaz. Show over 120 000 miles and run like new. Remember, it's a Toyota.

Fantastic

by Ms2 from FL | August 31, 2010

This car will turn a corner and heads very quickly. MR2 was thought to be Midship Runabout, at least that is what is says on my car. If you can find one buy it and enjoy. Reliabilty can't be beat and it is great on gas. Whoever said money can't buy you love.... well they haven't owed an MR2.

Really Cool Car

by Cybastyen from Atlanta | August 6, 2010

I've now owned my Spyder for a little over four months now. It has been a great car. Excellent on gas, unique, very low to maintain & handles like a dream. I truly love my poor man's Porsche!!

2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder

by Jeff from United States | April 6, 2010

I purchased this car new in 2004 as a 2003 model. It seems that they weren't selling as well as Toyota would have liked. I can understand that because there are many downsides to ownership. There's no luggage space to speak of and what little it has is tough to access quickly. You're either opening the hood and plastic cover over the spare tire or leaning the seats forward to access the cubbies behind them. You need to special order the tires due to the mixed sizes and wind/road noise is very intrusive. The engine revs pretty high at highway speeds and under hard acceleration the car vibrates . It's seriously underpowered and you can only fit yourself and one passenger. So, it's not perfect. It is, however, an awesome car to drive. Even with only 138 HP it will put a smile on your face. You'll never match up with a real sports car in a straight line, or even a moderately powerful family car. The fun is all to be had in the corners. It brakes as well as anything on the road and corners like you wouldn't believe. Beware, inattention and too much speed could very well bring the engine containing rear end of the car around to the front. The seats are exceedingly comfortable and a welcome change from the unending blackness of the interior. There are some fake carbon trim pieces, but they blend right in. There are no real options to be had, which is why I gave it 5 stars for features. I consider the lack of stability management or traction control to be a wonderful feature. ABS is standard and the only reason to choose the SMT instead of manual is if you loathe yourself. You can listen to the radio or a CD, but that's about it, there's no nav or ipod interface. The entire premise of the car is to focus on driving. That's a good thing. The steering is communicative and quick, likely a result of having the engine in the middle and the drive wheels at the rear. There's nothing extra getting in the way of your hands telling the wheels what to do. I have a blast every time I drive and get over 30 mpg on most tanks. It has also been ultra reliable. Aside from a failed O2 sensor and normal maintenance, I've had no troubles. I've had my MR2 for 6 years now and I don't foresee ever selling it. At most I'll buy another car as an addition, but not as a replacement. It's just too much fun.

Featured Services for this Toyota MR2 Spyder