See Also: 1992 Toyota 2WD Trucks

Information Coming Soon

Overall

Great mule

by I like old. from Santa Barbara CA | December 8, 2012

Sit by any suburban neighborhood and you will see a lot of these trucks coming and going as trades people, and especially low end landscapers, go about their business. There is a really good reason. These trucks, especially the 4cyl, are incredibly good value, cheap to run, with more than enough umph to carry a load up a hill, on the freeway and to the dump. While this is a new vehicle to me, it has seen plenty of action, and the apparent cost per mile is among the lowest of any vehicle I have had in over forty years of ownership. Great working vehicle, with plenty of used parts availability.

I've owned for 318K Miles

by Vanguard from Denver, Colorado | August 29, 2011

I bought this truck in February 1992 to be a temporary vehicle and as of August 2011 I have 318,000 miles. I think the instrument panel looks like it belongs in a more expensive vehicle, I have replaced the panel lighting with red bulbs, looks like it could be in an Audi or BMW. It is my only vehicle and gets regular use in the Colorado mountains. There usually is some big repair each year but it is not money down the drain. The front disc brakes were rebuilt recently. A few years ago it needed about $2000 in transmission work. I took it on a 3000 mile trip 2 years ago. It still has the orignal air conditioning, muffler and radiator hoses. It is the basic 2 wheel drive model and my favorite feature is that it has manual steering. I occasionally get offers from people in parking lots to buy it. Can't say anything but raves about it.

Engineering marvel

by Over 300,000 miles from Tucson, AZ | August 15, 2011

Very reliable. Runs forever. Only requires maintenance and minor repairs. Best value of any car I have purchased.

best truck

by Yota from Lagrange GA | March 3, 2011

i got the truck 5 years ago and the only problem ive had was the drive shaft went to pieces but that was my fault i ve put a 3 inch block lift on it and i think they should have come from the factory like that

Uses car for Off-roading

Great truck!

by Toyota Man from Minot, ND | May 26, 2007

I bought her new in July of 92. She has never left me stranded. For the first 15 years the only major maintenance has been 2 leaking water pumps. Caught them both before anything serious happened. Unfortunately I haven't flushed my coolant as often as I should have which resulted in a plugged radiator / overheated engine and now a blown head gasket. With 195k miles I have decided to put a new engine in her. Should be good to go for another 10 years. I am certain that if the engine hadn't overheated it would have lasted for another 100k. Great truck. I'll own her until she's a pile of rust in my driveway!

1992 Toyota 4wd

by Iraqiwildman from Jefferson City, MO | August 1, 2006

I have had this truck since Aug 1992 and it has been very dependable. I have had only small problems, new thermostat and radio.

Featured Services for this Toyota 4WD Trucks