2003 Toyota Prius

2003 Toyota Prius
Available in 1 styles:  2003 Toyota Prius 4dr Sedan shown

52 city / 45 hwy

Overall

Ours has been insanely reliable

by KD from los angeles | December 4, 2012

We've taken this car from 66,000 miles to 166,000 miles...and replaced two shocks, four tires, and a regular battery. And that's IT!!!! Combined with 45 mpg average, and it's the cheapest car to drive on the planet. We have loved this car and can't figure out how we'll ever replace it for something with 45 mpg, and nearly zero maintenance costs! It's mind-boggling how well this car runs, and just keeps going and going and going.

Great car!

by Car enthusiast from | November 9, 2010

Best mileage of any car I've ever owned. Super comfortable and quiet. Can't beat the reliability. Kinda like that Energizer Bunny - just keep going, and going, and going . . .

I loved my Prius when I bought her........

by Gracie's Mom from Charlotte NC | September 14, 2007

I purchased my 2003 Prius in Dec 2002; it now has less than 55.000 miles on it. Six times since I bought it, the warning lights, engine ck lights, etc have come on. The car has gone from ~25 mph to 19 to 12 - all the way to 3mph, -> 2->>DEAD. Three times I have waited anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours and the car has restarted with no problem. Three times my car required towing to the dealership. The dealership has NOT found a problem yet. The last time this happened, my car was at the dealership for 1 week to be driven and checked out. One mechanic did not feel comfortable driving it home because it may 'die'. How does he think I feel? No physical damage. I have paid for 3 towings; I have rented a car 3 times. I have to be without a car for days -- luckily I have friends. The biggest problems are (1) I don't trust my car --- reliability is non-existent, (2) the resale value is limited if I were to trade it in at a dealership and I could not in good conscience, sell it to another person (3) I don't meet the lemon law requirement of 4 problems over 12 months and (4) I can not afford another car payment -- and I should not have to buy a new car -- this one has less than 55,000 miles on it! I loved her when I bought it and I would like to love her again -- but I don't trust it! Sounds like an old, sad love song doesn't it??

Great Value

by La Mesa Guy from La Mesa, CA | August 9, 2007

The Prius has been the best and most reliability car that I have ever owned. It is excellent on gas mileage and handles great on mountain roads. The mileage is outstanding in town. The air conditioner cools well, and the car is very comfort. I am just amaze at it's performance.

Toyota Prius

by Hybrid Fan from Chicago, IL | May 26, 2006

This is a great car for gas mileage, however I live in Chicago and they don't handle very well in the snow. I think due the lightness and low to the ground build, they tend to slip more than other two door models. Other than than, a great city car!

Featured Services for this Toyota Prius