2008 Toyota Prius

2008 Toyota Prius
Available in 3 styles:  2008 Toyota Prius 4dr Hatchback shown

48 city / 45 hwy

Overall

Totally pleased with 2008 Prius Touring Car.

by RaginCajunBear from Lafayette, LA | January 31, 2014

Try as I might, I cannot find anything to complaint about with this vehicle. I give it top marks in every category. I would highly recommend to anyone hesitant about purchasing this outstanding vehicle. Those who find something to complain about must be very hard to please.

BEST CAR

by Prius fan from Acworth, georgia | November 14, 2013

If you're looking for value, you've found it. I'm averaging 57 mpg right now. Though I had to change my driving habits a little - but it's worth it. It's a super smooth ride. Rear visibility takes some getting used to. PLENTY of room in front and back. I put a lot of thought into which car I chose, and now that I've gone prius, I'm NEVER looking back.

Seats leave a lot to be desired

by Potomtoo from Fort lauderdale, FL | November 13, 2013

Took a trip in my 2008 prius when it was only a year old. The seats are really bad. NO comfort at all. I called toyota and said they should be ashamed for the seat quality. No adjustments and no padding. Felt like a covered wood chair. I had rented a corolla the year before and never had that problem. Why couldn't they use the same seats? If your just commuting to work it's a great car that will save you lots of gas. Just don't go too far unless you are young and pliable. I ended up trading it for a Chevy Volt. Rides like a caddy.

Great on gas

by toyota mom from NY NY | October 10, 2013

I find this car really difficult to drive especially since the instrument panel is in the middle of the dash and I have to reach over to change the radio and put up the a/c. I find the seats to be uncomfortable. The gas mileage cannot be beaten. Wish it was designed better.

Great Car

by One Eyed Jack from California | August 19, 2013

I bought this car for my son who is in grad school. I don't really want to give it up, but it will be a great car for him. the car is very smooth driving and has a lot more pick up than I expected. I am waiting for the all wheel drive to come out in 2016 and then I'll by one for myself.

the best all-around car on the road

by no1tarheel from Norwood, NC | August 20, 2012

My prius is a dream for mpg, and all of the rest of its feathers. a real pleasure to drive. It increased my gas millage by 2/3. And paying for it's self with the savings.

Great car so far.

by Economy boy from Colorado | May 30, 2012

The Prius has delivered all as advertised. 50 MPG and enough bells and whistles to make it fun. I am not going to win any drag races, but saves me hundreds of dollars a month compared to the old Buick I was driving.

2008 Prius

by Clambo from southern RI | March 9, 2012

I bought this car with 15k miles on it in 2009. I'm pushing 75k miles now, and I love the car. It averages around 43 mpg during the winter, and is now around 46 during the summer, which I attribute to the winter gasoline blend. early in its life, I was getting 47-48, and once got 500 miles on 10 gallons. I mostly commute with the car, 60 mi/day on the highway.The Prius gets around 43 now under that condition, but improves to the high 40s if I'm running under 60 mph. I have calculated that with gas at $3.50, and going 24k miles per year, I'm saving $500 a year in gas when compared to a conventional Honda Civic getting 35 mpg. It's a great highway car, and has no problem maintaining 75 mph+ on trips down to PA and VA. It maintains speed over mountains. I love the car. very comfortable, good ventilation, interior finish. Very spacious rear leg space. I do my own oil changes - good setup for filter and oil replacement. No repairs thus far. My only complaint is rear visibility with the sloped back roof. Backing out of a parking spot, and lane changes require extra vigilance. It has the rear video, which is OK - I got it because I wanted an iPod plug. I definitely recommend this car.

Who's smiling NOW???

by More MPG from Newark, NY | March 6, 2012

With gas at $4/gal...look at the numbers. It costs $44 to fill the 11 gal. tank and I'm getting 430-450 miles per fill-up in cold weather. Just how much do you love the gas companies? Put the cash in YOUR pocket, instead. I've owned my Touring Edition since Nov. '10, have had no problems with 80k on the odometer and a couple of winters under the belt. Handles the snow with VSC and traction control, plenty of room for 4 and their stuff, and gives a sporty enough ride - no wallowing or body lean in the corners. OK, so it doesn't have the power of a Porsche, the ride of a Caddy or the styling of a Ferrari, but it does everything well enough. And, if you can't handle the truth - the fact that gas will be $5/gal. in some places by summer and I'll be enjoying my vacations and life with the fuel savings this Prius affords me, then keep on looking for the next gas station. Remember, a car is a horrible place to invest your money, and a car that doesn't get great gas mileage is an even worse investment.

Proofs in the pudding

by prii lover from Marysville, CA | February 2, 2012

It is really spacious and deserves to be compared to midsized sedans. I am impressed everyday I drive my 26 mile round trip commute. I average 48 mpg, not up to 40 mpg as some of the car companies are advertizing. I am also happy that the only hybrid made today that beats my mpg is the newer Prii. I was filling up a lot more and for a lot more money with my other autos. I recommend this vehicle to any one who is looking to save money

Featured Services for this Toyota Prius