2010 Toyota Prius

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Toyota Prius

by Toyota Bigot from San Jose, CA | February 14, 2014

I bought a 2010 Prius package 5 from a private seller with about 52k miles. I love Toyota's, as my nickname implies, and the Prius is no exception. Great mpg, reasonable seating comfort for all, ample room for storage and very pleasant riding comfort and, hopefully, the overall reliability of the Toyota line. And yes, I do know of a couple of "recalls" for Toyota's but hope the company will take all the necessary measures to maintain their reputation as a leader in the industry. All the controls are placed very well and this package level 5 offers about everything I would want, but, for us old_er folks, it does require some "training" to learn how to use these features. There are a few things about this Prius that could use some improvement, the side view mirrors are smaller and shaped differently, which somewhat obscures visibility, the center console is not what I would consider convenient, the sliding center arm rest/storage cannot be fully closed when a cup is in the holder. The car, when not in power mode, feels a bit sluggish. Overall, I love the 2010 Prius and based on the price for a used car, they definitely hold their value. I also have a 2005 Prius with over 100k miles and have had no major problems with the car.

Great on gas but do not expect comfort

by Truth matter from Florida | January 17, 2014

I just bought a 2010 Prius III. GOOD: the car looks pretty good, very good on gas, I will see for reliability. BAD: the seats are very cheap and not comfortable, the interior is very cheap, I am 5'8" , I sat in the back and there is about 1" for me to touch the roof so if you are 6' and more I guess don't sit in the back. People who put 5 stars for comfort probably never drove a decent car in the lives. I bought this car to save on gas and that's about what I will get from this car but that is why I bought it.

2010 Certifed Prius

by Petaluma Prius from Petaluma,CA | November 27, 2013

Car is wonderful , like new. Bought from local dealer with only 20K miles. Took a very long time to pay (bought outright) at the dealer for once we decided to purchase this car.

Love it!!!

by R&S from | September 15, 2013

We love this car!!! Beautiful, comfortable, all the "bells & whistles". Especially the remote air conditioning.

lovin my prius

by mpgs for me from point, tx | September 5, 2013

Excellent mileage... great value and handling. Came with basic features that I would have considered extra options...bonus. love it

First fill up 50 mpg

by Boston Guy from Boston, MA | September 1, 2013

Test drove the Lexus 200 CT and I liked the Prius better. Lexus was cramped for being 6'4, but tons of space in the Prius. Folding backseat helps with Ikea stuff and Ace Hardware lumber pick ups. Never thought I would see myself in a Prius, but this one has people turning their heads with the styling. 80% of my driving is city, crunching the numbers between my old car 02' Honda Accord and '10 Toyota Prius, I am saving $100 a month in gas So if you want to get a new car and save money for other things like...life..get this car before prices go up.

Better Than They Even Say !

by tassojunior from DC | August 24, 2013

Got the 2010 II since I couldn't see paying so much extra for the JBL and Nav. Only 20K miles. Lowest mileage is most important, not options. So far getting about 48mpg city and 60 mpg highway. The 12 volt battery had drained and died on mine so the dealer installed a new one. He had to pay $500 ! There are no aftermarket 12 volt auxilary batteries for Prius. Trying to keep my tire pressure up to 40psi for better mileage, but it shows on bumps. The interior is fantastic. Very nice. And the rear seats and console is really big- 36" legroom ! Powerful air conditioner. The Smart Key is wonderful. Never have to take the fob out of my pocket. Only nit-picks:Tire pressure only has a warning light not each tire's pressure. Thanks, but I'll know when I have a flat. The Reverse interior beeping is really way annoying. I took the rear headrests off to get more rear view. The car is built like a spaceship--very good fit and trim. Very solid. This is the type car you can keep 10 years easily.

Worst GPS I ever had ... very frustrating

by Jim from Chambersburg, Pa | July 16, 2013

4 times in the last month my GPS unit said it could not provide turn by turn directions. The destinations selected were for homes on streets that have existed for approximately 100 years, and the specific house existed for 50 years or more. I purchased a map replacement and still had the problem. The latest problem was solved by asking a guy mowing his grass where the street was located.

Mileage!

by Jazz from Frankfort, IL | July 13, 2013

Prius is a much smoother drive than I had anticipated. It handles well at high and low speeds, and has averaged over 50 miles per gallon since purchase. Stereo system is excellent, and the extra storage tray in the trunk is perfect to protect fragile items after grocery shopping.

GREAT COMMUTER CAR!!!

by New Prius Owner from Sheboygan, WI | July 3, 2013

My commute is 140 round trip daily. My little Saturn was doing great, but getting long in the tooth. Bought a 2010 Prius IV in June. First 4 fillups...51.6, 53.7, 52.5, 51.3 mpg. Even better than I expected. The only minor complaint that I have is a bigger than expected blind spot. The back pillars are wider than I am used to. Just have to make sure and use the mirrors and be aware before changing lanes. The built in Bluetooth works great, heated leather seats, 6cd changer...so far everything is perfect. Really an awesome car!!