2010 Toyota Prius

51 city / 48 hwy

Overall

Beautiful Car

by Jo from Woodbridge, VA | July 24, 2014

Ok I also disliked the looks of Prius and never imagined owning one. My boyfriend pushed and last year we bought a Certified 2010 Prius III with Solar Roof, JBLs and Nav and I absolutely love this vehicle. It also fits in any parking space imaginable! :) I have it in Power Mode all the time and STILL average 50 mpg!! It is a sleek vehicle and with the windows tinted looks very sporty. I am extremely happy with this purchase and hope we have the car for MANY years to come. My friend is right now considering a Certified Vehicle and I steered her right to this vehicle! Thanks Toyota!

Best car ever

by Homey410 from New Albany. IN | July 11, 2014

Overall a great car. I bought this car used, trading in a Toyota Camry Hybrid which got about 37 avg. This car get about 47 mpg avg driving carefully. The car is light and carries less gas and will carry 1000 lbs of weight including passengers. I had 4 people in the car on a short trip and avg 45 mpg, which why i bought it. I has the flat storage area I like and a hatchback rear. The car is very well built, rides good, drives good, feel good, and brakes well. It's not a sports car. When driven in the power mode it will scoot like a normal car. I hope to average 50 mpg with careful driving. My car has teh upgrade GPS and Sirius radio and JBL speakers. It is reasonably priced and very well engineered, but takes getting used to driving a slower car!

2010 Prius great commuter car!

by Loyal Toyota Buyer from Danville, CA | May 22, 2014

I have owned Toyota's for over 25 years. I bought a used, certified 2010 Prius II with 33K miles as a commuter car. I must admit that I'm a little spoiled by my family car... a 2010 Toyota Highlander with all the extras. But, this Prius is very economical, fun to drive (sits much lower to the ground than a Highlander or a van), and it has great interior lay-out and fairly good comfort. Because it is parked outside most of the time, I noticed that it is quite hot inside with the angle of the back hatch window. But, I recently had the windows tinted, and this helped a lot with the interior temperature. I am also not overly impressed with the radio/antenna strength, but the speakers are adequate with CD's and the iPod connection. I love my Prius because of the gas mileage, though. Great buy!

Worth it

by Zen Sailor from Chicago Il. | April 17, 2014

Bought a 2010 Prius 4 with 14,000 miles on it. Averaging 48 MPG combined, BETTER than I thought. Not as slow as I felt it would be, not buying a Prius thinking it's a Cadillac ride or BMW performance. Just good, inexpensive transportation...

Toyota Prius

by Toyota Bigot from San Jose, CA | February 14, 2014

I bought a 2010 Prius package 5 from a private seller with about 52k miles. I love Toyota's, as my nickname implies, and the Prius is no exception. Great mpg, reasonable seating comfort for all, ample room for storage and very pleasant riding comfort and, hopefully, the overall reliability of the Toyota line. And yes, I do know of a couple of "recalls" for Toyota's but hope the company will take all the necessary measures to maintain their reputation as a leader in the industry. All the controls are placed very well and this package level 5 offers about everything I would want, but, for us old_er folks, it does require some "training" to learn how to use these features. There are a few things about this Prius that could use some improvement, the side view mirrors are smaller and shaped differently, which somewhat obscures visibility, the center console is not what I would consider convenient, the sliding center arm rest/storage cannot be fully closed when a cup is in the holder. The car, when not in power mode, feels a bit sluggish. Overall, I love the 2010 Prius and based on the price for a used car, they definitely hold their value. I also have a 2005 Prius with over 100k miles and have had no major problems with the car.

Great on gas but do not expect comfort

by Truth matter from Florida | January 17, 2014

I just bought a 2010 Prius III. GOOD: the car looks pretty good, very good on gas, I will see for reliability. BAD: the seats are very cheap and not comfortable, the interior is very cheap, I am 5'8" , I sat in the back and there is about 1" for me to touch the roof so if you are 6' and more I guess don't sit in the back. People who put 5 stars for comfort probably never drove a decent car in the lives. I bought this car to save on gas and that's about what I will get from this car but that is why I bought it.

2010 Certifed Prius

by Petaluma Prius from Petaluma,CA | November 27, 2013

Car is wonderful , like new. Bought from local dealer with only 20K miles. Took a very long time to pay (bought outright) at the dealer for once we decided to purchase this car.

Love it!!!

by R&S from | September 15, 2013

We love this car!!! Beautiful, comfortable, all the "bells & whistles". Especially the remote air conditioning.

lovin my prius

by mpgs for me from point, tx | September 5, 2013

Excellent mileage... great value and handling. Came with basic features that I would have considered extra options...bonus. love it

First fill up 50 mpg

by Boston Guy from Boston, MA | September 1, 2013

Test drove the Lexus 200 CT and I liked the Prius better. Lexus was cramped for being 6'4, but tons of space in the Prius. Folding backseat helps with Ikea stuff and Ace Hardware lumber pick ups. Never thought I would see myself in a Prius, but this one has people turning their heads with the styling. 80% of my driving is city, crunching the numbers between my old car 02' Honda Accord and '10 Toyota Prius, I am saving $100 a month in gas So if you want to get a new car and save money for other things like...life..get this car before prices go up.