2011 Toyota Prius

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Bought 2011 five used, disappointing fuel economy

by Espy from Damascus, Oregon | June 24, 2014

I bought a 2011 Prius Five trim level, not the v wagon. It averages 45 mpg and I drive in town most of the time. The leather interior is awesome and supportive. I also drove a Prius Two 2014, and the difference is amazing. Not only is the two much more noisy from road noise, it is also uncomfortable. The interior on the two is cheap and the seats are covered in a bad felt cloth with cheap, thin padding. If you want a quiet and comfortable ride, get the higher trim level. If you buy used, you'll save money too. I love everything about the car, the handling, steering, acceleration and solid braking. I just can't figure out why I don't get the mpg I expected.

Reliable and Efficient

by commuting in Denver from Denver, Colorado | May 23, 2014

Our 2011 black Prius 2 is a fantastic vehicle, with only a few shortcomings. Pros: We are getting 50.1 MPG. The car has had zero reliability issues in 3 years. It is zippy and somewhat fun to drive around town in. The rear-seat legroom is pretty good. And the trunk space is good comsidering it is a passanger vehicle Cons: the front seats are uncomfortable for more than 1 hour because the seats lack support near the lower back. The interior feel is cheap af best. The radio is absolutely terrible on the 2nd to base level model. The rear seat is low. There is no standard backup camera and the spolier in the back inhibits rear visibility. Conclusion: this car is mind-blowingly efficient, cheap to own and run, and can be fun to nip around town in!

Very happy Toyota Owner

by phreadd from Orange County California | May 11, 2014

I am very satisfied with my decision to purchase this car. It is all that I expected it to be. I'm getting 47MPG and the car handles very well a nd id quite comfortable. After owning this car for one month now my only regret is that I didn't buy a new one

Quite satisfied with buy

by Nmichdad from Northern Michigan | February 14, 2014

Overall I'm quite pleased with this vehicle. The Prius is the first hybrid I've owned. The fuel economy is outstanding...costing me about $30 to fill at the neighborhood gas station. The instrument cluster was easy to learn dispite being rather unorthodox compared with other vehicles. Two things that the driver lacks are that the steering wheel does not telescope far enough back & the arm rests are too low. The interior is roomy for the size of the car. I would recommend this vehicle for a reliable, cost efficient way to traverse from point A to B. The Prius drives through snow quite well here in Michigan; traction is good.

fishy deal

by chris from GARDEN GROVE | November 10, 2013

I read the car description so far so good, till I ran into tha ads add : "cash only", this car with its' low mileage and clean as they claimed , it should be cash or financed, and yet, they want cash only, that indicates this car is a salvage title, as banks will not finance any branded titles. I was going to go there to see this car for my son, but 'cash only" raise some fishy and red flag there.IMO

futuristic

by anti gas hog from lebanon , oh | October 14, 2013

The 2011 prius is a very odd looking car on the inside and very normal on the out. By far the weirdest car I've ever driven. Push button start is a new one for me. Gear shifter looks like a video game controller. When your done driving you hit a button labeled "P" to put in in park. Solar panel on the roof with the interior fan running on a hot sunny day. It shuts itself off at every stoplight. When you put it in reverse it beeps like a tow motor or moving van. But once you get used to all these things it has more pep than I expected and so far I'm averaging 53.8 mpg on the first 3 tanks of gas.... I love that

58 MPG

by new Club Prius Member from Ellicott City, MD | July 12, 2013

Since I got my prius I have averaged 58 MPG. Even got 60 MPG on one trip! I have had it for less than 1 month and already put 3500 miles on it. It's well on its way to paying for itself! Only thing I don't like is how low the front end is.

Best Fuel Economy!

by Work commuter from Gulf Shores, AL | May 31, 2013

I drive 60 miles a day to work round trip. I had a jeep grand Cherokee with a v8. I was spending $60-75 per week to fill up. Now with the Prius, I fill up every 1.5 -2 weeks depending on my work schedule. And it's typically $25!!!! I do miss my power and get up and go of the jeep but I feel like I made an Eco-friendly and economically smart decision with my purchase. It doesn't matter what it looks like, fuel economy is the new cool. And my friends, family, and neighbors are taking notice. We recently traded down from a pricey diesel Chevy truck to a Toyota Tacoma v6 as well. We feel we are making quality choices and trust toyota products for longevity.

Great car - does what is is supposed to do

by William from Hickory, NC | May 26, 2013

Bought this Pius used with 14,000 miles on it and have driven about 2000 miles with MPG a little past 50. For the size car it is, the road trip was comfortable enough and it keep up with traffic as well. Takes a little getting used to driving if you want to max out MPG but can be driven like any car. Well made and sophisticated technology at work,. Toyota was the first with the hybrid and they have perfected it over the years.

Awsom Car

by Bama Fan from MS. | November 16, 2012

Our Prius is the mid-range model, and does not have all the bells and gadgets, however, as far as doing what they say, ave 48-50 mpg, I can't say enough. It has a 1.8ltr motor, and is a little slow on take off, it is great once you get it out on the open highway. It takes a little getting used to being that it is not like most cars, but, otherwise, it is a great car, has good room inside, it can go 10,000 miles between oil change, which helps even more on saving you money. Now, instead of spending $40 or $50 to fill up, we spend about $20 or $30, that's with it almost empty. Our other car was a 2010 Milan, and it got ok milage, but, would cost $40 before it was got to a 1/4 of a tank. If we could have gotten one of the high end ones, with the gps, etc on it, it would have been nice. But, without the frills, it is a super car. Just wish we had gotten one years ago.