2012 Toyota Prius

51 city / 48 hwy

Overall

Good for college student

by orange from | June 5, 2014

It's looking good, I very like it this my first dream car for a student. It's easy parking not small and not big; good for grocery and going to school. Has a lot shine color. I wish my sweet mommy can say ok buy one for me, but may be too much for her, I already used her a lot money for the college; I think will be see my dream car in my dream. :) !!

love the Prius

by gas saver from sicklerville NJ | February 25, 2014

I smile every time I see this car. I absolutely love passing by gas stations. My truck would average 17 miles per gal. This wonderful car averages 50 MPG! I love its easy steering and braking. The one thing that does scare me is its low front bumper. So I drive slow near potholes and parking close to curbs. I love how these cars last forever and hold their value. It makes me happy to drive when I don't have to worry about spending a fortune in gas.

80MPG Clean Air Fuel Efficiency Toyota Prius

by 70MPGPrius from Phoenix, Arizona | December 12, 2013

It is what I do, I make the 45 MPG Prius get 80 MPG, how with Electro-Chemical Catalyst Technology. If you want a 80 MPG Prius, Zero Pollution and Life Time Limited Power Train Waranty, then the Prius CAFE, is the vehicle for you.

I hate my Prius

by Certed from Los Angeles, CA | June 17, 2013

I bought a 2012 Prius 2 in November 2012. The style of the car (it's angled up) makes it too hard to see behind and around it. I removed the back headrests that were blocking the view from the back window. I make sure that the trunk cover does not angle up, further blocking the window. I still can't see wll enough to feel I won't hit anything when backing up or changing lanes. It's hard to see things that are low, such as small cars, and I almost hit a Honda S2000. The dealership told me to learn to use the mirrors. I have been driving for over 30 years and never had this issue. It is not my driving, it is the bad car design. That must be why they added backup cams to some new models - to make up for poor visibility.

Getting 48 mpg in my new Prius!

by G3P0 from New Haven, CT | May 13, 2013

Bought a new 2012 Prius because we needed a 2nd car and fuel economy was really important to us. Other reviews were positive and my first two fill ups proved the Prius lived up to the hype. Got 48 mpg both times so far. Those that argue that the price doesn't justify the savings, well, it depends how much you drive and what your values are. Some people will pay extra for a luxury car or navigation or a V8 engine. I paid 'extra' for a car that pays for itself. We drive about 25,000 miles per year so my Prius car payment will be almost totally covered by my savings in gas! Went with the 2012 because it was cheaper than the 2013. Didn't need the extra trunk space that came with the Prius V. Considered the plug-in, but it only has a 10-13 mile range and in Connecticut, electricity is not that cheap So it didn't make sense for us.

We love our Prius!

by Debbie in Alberta from Tees, Alberta CANADA | April 8, 2013

We traded in our '09 Prius with 236,000 km and no huge repair bills, except maintenance and oil changes for our beautiful ocean-colored 2012 Prius. We don't buy extended warranty, since the car is so reliable. We drive 130 km/day to and from work, never have to worry about starting the car in -35 degree weather and it handles very well with snow tires in the winter. It's the only way to go with gas in Canada at $109/litre or $4.50 US gal. Love the bluetooth radio, and leaving key in my purse to open the car

best green car

by environmental enthusiast from minneapolis | January 9, 2013

Excellent vehicle in every way. I love it. The navigation is complicated and takes getting used too. Good ride and acceleration. Getting 50 mpg with sixty percent highway driving and commuting sixty miles a day.

Great for the commute

by Allen in Georgia from Atlanta, GA | January 5, 2013

Nothing like 45-50mpg to make the commute easier! Much more headroom and interior space than I expected. Decent audio system and other standard features. What's difficult about the Prius? The blind spots are wider than normal, and the rear window does not provide much of a view when backing up.

Great car

by Mel from Florida | December 21, 2012

Really like my 2012 Prius- I am especially fond of the blue tooh on the steering wheel. Push the button and the radio goes off and the caller is there. Great modification. As usual, rides well, handles well etc. Didn't get the back up camera since it is in the rear view mirror and I couldn't see the one on the 11 I had.

Not just a car, a lifestyle

by green girl from Grover Beach, CA | December 19, 2012

I have had my prius for about a month now. I feel good driving it because I can actually not worry about what its gonna cost me in gas to go anywhere. It really has given me a feeling of freedom. There are only 2 things i have found that are a little annoying. One is fixable, and the other may not be. The first is that the visor is really short so it doesn't really block the sun from my eyes well at all. The other, is that when you are backing up, there is this annoying beebing that continues until you put car in drive. I thought it might be for other peoples safety, warning them that a car with some real iffy visibility is backing up, but no, the beeping is for my benefit! The view out the back is a little compromised because of the upper and lower windows you have to look through. Doesn't really bother me, but it is a concern if you have a hard time turning your neck.