2014 Toyota Prius

51 city / 48 hwy

Overall

Reservations

by not a car guy from | September 24, 2014

I had reservations but the longer I drive it the more sure that this was the best car I could have purchased for the price,

Best mileage

by Mile squeezer from Atlanta, GA. | September 17, 2014

Average of 53 mpg on our first trip to Maryland even in the mountains. On trip up I got my computer mileage up to 62.3 mpg. Plenty of comfort.

Love My Prius!

by Commuter from North Carolina | September 8, 2014

I have a 75 mile commute to and from work each day. I traded in my old Prius which had 300,000 miles on it for a new 2014 Prius. I appreciate not only the great mpg' so get, but also the comfort and smooth handling. A Prius is bigger on the inside than it looks on the outside. The Toyota Prius is my car!

2014 Prius good - not excellent

by Hybrid Lover from Austin, TX | September 4, 2014

I bought the 2014 Prius because I had such a love for my 2008 Prius. The 2014 does not have the interior storage available as the 2008 and the back seat doesn't seem as roomy. The 2014 does not have the pick-up power I expected, although it does have a button to push if you really need it. So far, my mpg is about 44 - not the 50 as touted.

Schweet!!

by sagerider from Eagle, Colorado | August 27, 2014

We love the styling, color, comfort, audio sounds, minimal road noise, easy manuverability, fuel mileage, makes hardly any noise when running, almost everything about this car.It'sa little hard to see looking through the rear view mirror and camera takes a little getting used to. I 'm a big guy so getting out is a little harder than that of a larger vehicle but other than that, Schweeet!!!!!

Avoid "Nautical Blue" at all cost!!!

by GeogProf from Fresno, CA | August 26, 2014

The Prius that I bought has performed according to its design, and so the guts of the car work okay. However, I test drove my Prius in bright sunlight and the "Nautical Blue" appeared to be brighter than what it actually was. I experienced an intensely strong case of extreme buyer's remorse. Before I got the check from the credit union, I called the Toyota Dealership to ask if anything could be done. Since it was a new car, nothing could be done, which I understand. I would have have preferred the green, or the red, or the white, in that order. I am considering selling the car in an attempt to get one that I would enjoy looking at. Many of my friends say that the blue is a pretty color. Well, that is their opinion. I have to drive it and I loathe, hate, and despise the "nautical blue". I think that it should be marketed as "midnight blue", or just light black. Choose your color carefully! I regret making this purchase, and I fear that I may have to suffer with this choice until I can dump the car on someone else and get something that I would enjoy looking at!

No power, bad ride, complicated dash

by bluemangroup88 from PA | August 18, 2014

This was my rental car for a weekend. Let me first say, that it took me a good 30 minutes to figure out the controls of this car. Toyota could have made the controls to the standard of most all others, but they went over the top trying to impress someone. So far that they alienated everyone. The gear shift is NOT A GEARSHIFT at all. It's a joy-stick. Oh.. and try to find PARK. You can't.. it's not there. The steering wheel is thin and tiny giving this car a feel like your child's play toy. The interior was confining. In an effort to make this car look like the starship Enterprise, they placed a big piece of plastic between the driver and the passenger. This serves no other purpose but for looks. but it really makes you feel confined. The acceleration was slow as expected,, but even more then what I had imagined before I got in. I was glad to turn this car in,, and I'll never rent one again.

Excellent Vehicle

by K Scot from Canton, IL | August 14, 2014

We purchased our Prius in June. We absolutely love the gas mileage and well thought our interior. In highway driving to work I am averaging 50+ mpg. Seating is comfortable and the interior very roomy.

Prius III

by WorriedAboutOilShortages from Lincoln, NY | August 7, 2014

Fantastic fuel economy!! Great engineering--every Toyota I've ever owned (this is the 5th) has never need much in the way of repairs. Interior has less space for travel books, etc in glove compartment and console than my previous Prius (2008). There is additional flat open space under cup holder part of console, but it's not easy to reach, especially when you're driving. The ride is a little rough at times. But fantastic fuel economy!! (49 mpg so far--in city driving).

My First New Car

by Rural to Urban Driver from Littleton, NH | August 4, 2014

I've had my new car for almost 1 month now and I completely love it! I love checking the average miles per gallon I get after every trip. If I get over 40 - it's a win. Multiple times I've gotten over 50, that was exciting. I love the hands-free cell phone feature and connecting with bluetooth. I love going 75 mph and getting 100 mpg on the highway. It's comfortable, rides nice, great gas mileage, has power when I want it, plenty of cargo space when you fold down the seats, plenty of leg room (my Fiance is 6' 3" and he loves driving it - he puts gas in my car so that he can borrow it), nice tight turn radius, easy to park because it's so small, just over all I love it. Only negative, is that it is hard to see when backing up. I really have to use my side mirrors and crank my neck to make sure I'm clear. I might see if I can get a rear camera installed because I've heard they are worth it.