1997 Toyota RAV4

22.1–23.9 city / 25.9–28 hwy

Overall

Wonderful little car.

by jataos from NM | May 14, 2014

After terrible experiences with a "01 Saab wagon we bought a "97 Rav 4 for our teenage daughter. That was 3 tears ago and 20.000 miles. Never any problems. We still get 30 mpg. We live in the high mountains of New Mexico so have to shift to 4 or 3 to get up very steep inclines but the little guy always gets it done.

Only Buy Toyota

by RAV QUEEN from Duluth,MN | January 19, 2014

This is the 3rd Toyota I've owned and the second RAV4! It's the only model of vehicle I shop for!! Love love love RAV4

NO GOOD

by KENNYJ from CHARLOTTE,NC | December 13, 2013

NOT WORTH MONEY DONT WAIST YOUR TIME TEST DRIVING ITS SEEMS REALLY RUFF WHEN PUSHING ON GAS... I WOULD PAY 2000 AT MOST FOR THIS VEHICLE. THEY ARE TAXING TOO MUCH. HE LIED SAYING IT WAS 3500 AND THEY HAD TO JUMP IT WITH CABLES FOR IT TO START... ??? WHO SELLS A CAR THAT WAY! NO WAYY

Unbelievably reliable

by Cletus from California | April 29, 2013

I've had 2. One I bought new in 2000. Some drunk smashed into it in 2010. Totaled it. It was a completely reliable vehicle. I liked it so much I bought my 2-door '97 to replace it. It's still going strong, goes anywhere, excellent ground clearance. If a drunk totaled it today, I'd get another. Only complaint: after 16 years, some other new small suv's get better mileage...

Good and reliable car for your kid or yourself

by CollegeDad from Philadelphia | July 20, 2011

Toyota quality nowadays cannot match the past models. This 1997 Rav4 is a good example of this. After all these years, it is still reliable and performing as it should be for the car its own age. I bought it for my college son and figured the small SUV with 4-wheel drive capability should be perfect for his first car. The only thing I did after buying this car (used) is to change oil, brake fluid, flush the coolant and check transmission/transfer case fluid. It ran fine for more than 8000 miles now. And since toyota parts are not expensive, I am not worried about future maintenance.. The performance is not great. After all, it only has 120 horse power and 4WD. Hence, not so stellar MPG either. It averages about 20-22 mpg combined. Still not bad for 14-year old 4wd suv. The most important thing, my kid won't get stuck in snow like RWD or FWD car.

My car says I'm smart!

by TanToes from Naples, Fl | May 11, 2011

Like the Toyota Celica I had long ago, and for a very long time...it just would not quit. NOTE: only bad point with RAV4 I have, the hideous dark green paint deteriorated horribly

great used car

by loghouse1 from ft wayne in | October 14, 2010

got it for my daughter for college, great buy and just an awesome used car she loves it. I would highly reccomend this Toyota model

This is the best car I have ever owned

by My Toy from Syanford Kentucky | May 31, 2010

If something shouldhappend to this one I will have another one just like it Being from Ky. I have the blue one like the WILD CAT BLUE

I'll will never give up one this one

by small cars fanatic from Cayey, Puerto Rico | March 29, 2009

First time I saw it I wanted one. My Baby car (2 doors) have been in a serious collisions(not my fault). I had it fixed, and I still have it. Its 12th year with me will be in June 2009.

Super reliable workhorse w/ comfort

by RAV4 lover from Sacramento | January 17, 2009

I've owned my RAV4 for 6 years. It is awesome. Never had any major service problems. It is versatile, good for city driving, highways, and back roads. Toyota did a great job putting this one together. Super for a family.

Featured Services for this Toyota RAV4