2001 Toyota RAV4

Available in 2 styles:  2001 Toyota RAV4 4dr AWD shown

Overall

Good vehicle

by mandoguy from Minnesota | March 16, 2014

Standard transmission went out at around 80,000 miles, cost 1500 to get a new one. other than that, runs great and fun to drive. Great parking. Its so short I use it as my city car.

A Fan

by Arizona Transplant from Knoxville, TN | February 9, 2014

Bought my Rav4 new in 2001 and now have 185,000 miles on it. It's been my best car ever, reliable, roomy, and has gotten 30 mpg the whole time -- unusual in a 4WD. Downside is that it's a 2L engine so doesn't have as much pickup in fast traffic, and is noisier at high speeds than I'd like. Overall, a great, reliable car, though, and I'm at a loss to decide what car I'd want to get next. IF this car ever gives out, I'll probably get another Toyota.

Great SUV

by SUV lover from Branford, CT | October 15, 2013

I bought a RAV 4 new and owned it for over 13 years with no problems - very reliable and stylish-looking SUV. Easier to park and maneuver than many larger SUV's and a more comfortable ride. Great on snow and ice. I'll never go back to driving a car now that I've owned an SUV - just bought a brand new one!

This car ROCKS!!!

by Dishisno1 from Southeast US | February 21, 2013

Just bought an '01 Rav4 and LOVE IT!!! Sturdy and built to last, but stylish and eye-catching. Great features like over-drive for gas-saving and passenger room plus cargo area for just about anything. I have not found a prettier, small SUV.

good buy

by keith from from Aurora, CO | January 29, 2013

The cars I looked at were clean and test drives were good. They were okay with me getting an inspection before buying, which is important with a used car. Everyone was polite and easy to work with.

Very Utilitarian Vehicle

by Sales Rep, from Bakersfield, Ca., | October 22, 2011

I was a sales rep. who had to cover an area of about 150 miles, so I put many miles on this vehicle. It was very reliable and never left me stranded. Naturally, I always took great care of it such as getting the oil changed revery 6-7,000 miles. Our family has only purchased Toyotas for about 30 years and we have always been very pleased with their vehicles. The only thing it lacked was a GPS navigation, but it wasn't a big deal.

Nice sporty looking

by RAV4 enthu from New Jersey | December 18, 2010

I bought a 2001 in 2009 when it had 85,000 miles. It is smooth and easy to drive. Not recommended for tall drivers. It does not have much driver leg room. I had issues with the ECU, but that was a manufacturer's defect, but the dealer would not fix it as it had passed 80,000 miles. Spent $1000 to fix it. My oxygen sensor had gone bad but the check engine light did not come on. Hence spent $1000 to change the catalytic convertor as the SUV started stalling at traffic lights.

Very reliable

by Tonka Truck from Palm Harbor,Fl | November 14, 2010

Bought my 2001 used in 2007 for a cheap, reliable transport and to carry around my big dog. Its been a great car giving me no problems and is even fun and easy to drive. Though, it is a very small vehicle, it is perfect for shorter drivers. The rear door is a bit heavy and can be inconvenient if another car is parked behind you when you want to put anything in the rear. But does provide decent cargo space. It's a great little suv.

It is most reliable car I have owned .

by Eco Family Car. from MA | January 29, 2009

I have it for three years and NO problemo Just fill the gas , change the oil and you're good to go .

Featured Services for this Toyota RAV4