2005 Toyota RAV4

Available in 2 styles:  2005 Toyota RAV4 AWD shown

Overall

Finally!!!

by Parties Maid EZ from Sharon, MA | October 22, 2014

I have wanted a RAV4 for for several years. My sister used to have one and I loved the way it handled. Now I have my own in the color I wanted too! Got it for about $1000 below book value (thank you cars.com) and plan to drive it into the ground - even if I have to replace the engine and transmission in 10 years! This is the car of my dreams!!

Excellent car

by Frank from Yermont | November 27, 2013

My 2005 Rav 4 has never let me down, still running strong at 51000 miles. What else can I say. Bye-Bye

Rav 4

by SB from Indiana | February 8, 2012

I've driven many vehicles in my life but the Rav 4 will always be one of my favorites due to just how much fun it is to drive. I love to zip around town in this vehicle. The Rav is so reliable and a really cool feature are the hooks on the back set that are just the right height to hang all of your plastic grocery bags. One more thing is the convenience of the lower floor board in the rear of this veh make loading in and out so simple.

Most reliable car i have owned

by Plazmon from Scottsboro,Al | September 17, 2010

Toyota Rav 4 Sport, 2.4 Litres 4 cylinder, Average 28 MPG, Awsome SUV, low cost,ultra reliable,still looks as good as new,with scoop and spoiler,looks as good as when i bought it,metallic paint.

63 Vette Split

by 63 vette split from Pa. | August 20, 2010

This is my third Rav 4. Very happy with the car. Very nimble, good in snow and gets good gas milage. Very reliable.

Great Small SUV

by Rav4 Lover from OKlahoma | March 27, 2010

Before purchasing this vehicle I drove every small SUV on the market and preferred the Rav4 to them all! Since owning the Rav4 I have had absolutely no problems. Handles great in traffic! It rides more like a car than a truck. However, wet, ice or snow packed roads are no problem for this vehicle! Having had back surgery recently I found that the seats are more than supportive. The driver's position is higher than that of a car and makes it very easy to get in and out of. This has been a GREAT little truck!

Reliable and dependable

by SUV lover from North Jersey | February 23, 2010

After 2 years of using the car, here's what I'd like to say about it. If you are looking for a reliable car, here's the car for you, hasn't really ever broken down in 2 years I have owned it... Purchased used at 20K milesafter its been for 2 yrs on the road. I just spent 1300 for maintenace after 24 months of fuel-oil change-drive type of use..replaced company tires...it had horrible Toyo Radial tires that got worn out fully in 20K miles of my use. The A/C has been pretty good, and the new tires feel like lots of grip even on wet road and snow roads. Road noise reduced significantly after new tires and fule economy is about 17 MPG mostly city driven...It could have had a bigger tank, but its not all too bad. Its a economic car for a small family and ok for long distace rides...i've driven it for 500 miles and was OK with it.

Love my 2005 Rav 4S

by Female hunter from Grove Hill, AL | September 8, 2008

I have had this "truck" for 3 years, and I love it. I have had no problems with it. I keep the oil changed and the tires rotated and balanced according to schedule. This is the best vehicle I have ever had (right along with my Honda Civic). It handles so good and can get you in tight spaces. It rides good considering it is a small SUV. I would pick it to drive and ride in over any other vehicle we own. I use conservative measures to conserve fuel and get 30 to 31 MPG. I now slow down to 60 except when driving long distances on the interstate. Love this vehicle.

Can't Believe What it Will Go Through

by Love my Toyota from Alberta, Canada | June 7, 2008

I am a rancher and bought this as a highway vehicle to also use checking the cows. I now use it all the time on the ranch. It can get into and out of tight spaces, doesn't get stuck in the mud and can plow through snow. On the highway it stops well and handles like a dream. I love this vehicle. My only complaint is the tires that come with the base model. They don't last and mud and ice get packed in them.

I love it.

by Looking for reliabilty and cold weather vehicle from Washington State | April 1, 2007

This car literally stops on a dime without swerving or skidding. It is so responsive that I have saved 10 min. in my 45 min. commute over Chevy Monte Carlo. Braking, steering and acceleration are quick but not overdone. Still in touch with the road. Big sun/moon roof in the limited edition and auto traction and 4 wheel drive a big plus. Slide-in slide-out seat height and cargo area are easy on the back. Worth every dollar.