2009 Toyota RAV4

Available in 12 styles:  2009 Toyota RAV4 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

rav4 lover

by buying easy from delaware, ohio | January 6, 2013

After going on line(being bombarded with emails) I went to the lots. After test driving several cars and suv type vehicles, I drove the Rav 4. the steering was exceptional and I felt that I had control of the vehicle. The blind spots were less for me(only 1) than other cars of this style.. I decided that the convenience of being able to put down the back seats from the rear was what I wanted. As soon as I stepped in my new car, I knew it was me.Very happy with it.

Cheap Interior + Multiple Recalls = Fail

by joeysmom2000 from Indianapolis, IN | October 26, 2012

We had quality issues with the interior almost immediately and we had to fight Toyota to fix the problems. It seemed as soon as one got fixed, something else would break. Coupled with MANY safety recalls, this vehicle was a HUGE disappointment. We owned it for 3 years before running back to Honda!!

great performance, toyota quality

by rav fan from Rineyville, KY | September 11, 2012

I have a 2009 RAV4 4WD model with 30k miles and I absolutely love it. For a 4 cylinder, it’s got plenty of power and can handle hills and highway passing with ease. The automatic transmission shifts very smoothly. Breaking is smooth and quiet. Handling with the electronic stability control is excellent. It’s quiet, road and wind noise are well isolated. Fuel efficiency is excellent; I’m averaging 26 MPG in mixed driving. Seating for 5 is very comfortable and the rear seats even recline a bit—great feature for road trips with sleepy kids. Cargo room is great and downright cavernous with the seats folded down. The only thing I’m not big on is the swing-out cargo door. It swings out to the passenger side, so curbside loading is a little tougher—but that’s a very minor concern.

good for what it is

by zedvictor1 from | March 27, 2012

I bought the base 4-cylinder 4WD model with very low miles. I like the spacious interior and layout. The seats are firm but comfortable. The stereo booms. (I've had to turn down the bass as far as it will go.) I also like the higher vantage point when driving. However, I just don't understand those who claim the vehicle is quiet and has excellent fuel economy. It is not quiet: there is wind and road noise aplenty and at lower speeds the engine growls. You might get 30 mpg ambling along at close to 60 mph on an extended journey, but expect 26 mpg if you travel at 70 mph. I was hoping for better highway mileage than this. Also, the ride is not particularly smooth. You feel the bumps. At this point I am happy enough with the car's positive attributes, which include utility, but I am thinking I should have driven a Subaru Forester before making my final decision. No doubt I expected too much. The Nissan Maxima I traded in for the RAV4 was quieter, more comfortable, AND more economical. But that's comparing apples and oranges, isn't it.

LOVE IT!

by Dash from STL | March 15, 2012

We leased our V6 Sport 3 years ago and have no intention of turning it in, we plan to buy it. It handles great, very fast for a SUV, total blast to drive. Its probably my all-time favorite vehicle. Really Great Car...

2 thumbs up on the RAV4

by PV from Austin TX | January 30, 2012

I purchased a 2009 RAV4 4 2.5 litre 4 cylinder, base model, for my wife. Let me tell you this...if I were to get in it blind-folded, not knowing which vehicle I was in, I would have never guessed that it was a RAV4. The ride comfort is amazing! The independent suspension decreases body roll over uneven pavement. Road noise for a vehicle of this size is more than acceptable. Braking is smooth & quiet. It absorbs bumps in the road like they were nothing. Wind noise is average but better than most. Acceleration is excellent. I barely have to apply pressure to the throttle to get it to move. Without even having to stomp down on the pedal & the 4 cylinder turns into a monster & easily pulls away from the pack. Engine noise is surprisingly almost non-existent. Sometimes there is a little engine noise at lower RMP from the timing chain but not noticeable as you begin to drive. Not saying it will win a race but very good overall. The transmission is sooo smooth. You'll hardly notice it changing gears. It's also very intelligent & seems to be in the correct gear for your driving conditions. The steering it tight & very responsive. The seats are amazingly comfortable. They almost cradle you back. The rear seats are nice because not only do they move forward & backward but they also recline so many different angles. One thing that I love about the cock pit is that all the stereo & climate controls are placed easily within arms reach. There's a little accent light that illuminates the center console at night. The front head lamps project a nice powerful, even glow across the whole road & when you turn the brights on, I believe that the low beams stay on as well, making the brights, even brighter. All the exterior marking, brake, turn, & headlights have a very nice placement. The rear tail appear to have mini led lights that make them extremely visible at night. The stereo system has 6 speakers & man, I have to turn the bass down to like level 2 or it's almost too much. The stereo is awesome for a factory system. The interior lights self dim after you close the doors. The speedometer & RMP gauges are nicely lit & very visible at night. I really don't have many complaints with this vehicle. I kind of wish that it had factory tinted windows & fog lamps but that's ok. Clear glass makes visibility better. Also the light for the rear door is actually on the door...so as you open it wide, it doesn't really illuminate the rear cargo area that well. I have compared this to the Honda CRV & I have to say that this vehicle it right up there with it. I just love this vehicle. It makes me feel real good knowing that my wife is driving something built so well.

Rav4 A+++++++++++++++++++

by santa from South wales NY | October 7, 2011

My wife and I have traded our 2003 chevy blazer with 65,000 miles on it for a 2009 Rav4. We made the right choice. this vehicle is so smooth in operation, Driving, Towing, Anything we have done so far showes we made the right move . The blazer can't even come close to the quality of this vehicle. Expect to have this vehicle for at least 10 years and already planning to replace my wifes car with one next year.highly recommend.

Tell my husband all the time "Love this Car"

by Not a Soccer Mom Anymore from Michigan | September 27, 2011

Sold my lovely Honda Odyssey because I felt frumpy, it was big and I am concerned about gas mileage. Narrowed my shopping to Honda CRV, Rav4, Ford Escape and Chevrolet Equinox. Minute I got in the Rav4 knew it was the right car. I am neither a small or large woman - the Rav4 was comfy and visibility was great - drove smooth - has lots of room inside and intelligently designed - outstanding gas mileage - handles great in inclement weather - I feel very safe and secure in this car. I am 51 years young and definitely do not feel like a frump in this vehicle. Little Bothers - louder than my Odyssey or my husbands Expedition but not intollerable - no little hook to hang a trash bag, no warning sound that you have left your exterior lights on. My husband said he would not mind if the drivers seat slid back an inch or two more for leg room. I am tall and find the leg room fine - but I do have the seat adjusted as far back as it will go. I consider these very minor issues and I truly do love this car. We take this car more than my husbands Expedition on family ( 4 of us) outings.

best suv ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by review guy from lynnwood wa | September 2, 2011

this the best car ever even know we rent it it is still the best car ever the reason why we rented it because my dads 05 toyota tacoma needed oil so we put it there a rented a 09 rav4 s it came in cloth but it was still nice and fast but the do have some ups and downs one is that toyota needs to make the rav4 bigger!!! okay because i tried to get into the third row but i did not fit and im almost 8 so thats why I said that they need to make the rav4 bigger!!!!!!!!!!!

what a deal

by lovemyrav from Lewisville,Texas | December 13, 2010

Can't believe I am now a Toyota owner, after 11 years of being in a Honda. But, the deal they gave me, and 2.9%, and it's a Toyota!!!! Wow!!!

Featured Services for this Toyota RAV4