Toyota's RAV4 is a sporty compact utility vehicle that can fit up to seven people. The RAV4 comes with front- or all-wheel drive; Base, Sport and Limited trim levels are available. Competitors include the Honda CR-V and Ford Escape.
New for 2010
The Sport Appearance Package is available on two-wheel-drive, four-cylinder Sport models. The optional JBL audio system with hands-free Bluetooth capability and audio controls on the steering wheel is available on the Sport trim, and a backup camera is a new option for base models.
Toyota says the RAV4's exterior styling follows a "modern-rugged" theme. The body is free of cladding, and the spare tire is mounted to the rear door.
Last year, the RAV4 received a restyled grille that resembles the Toyota Highlander's front end.
- Available 16-, 17- or 18-inch wheels
- Standard LED taillamps
- Standard power mirrors
- Optional integrated fog lights
- Optional moonroof
The RAV4 has seating for five. When equipped with the 50/50-split flat-folding third-row seat, the RAV4 can seat up to seven people. The second-row split-bench seat can move forward and backward and recline.
Integrated XM Satellite Radio, a navigation system and a backseat entertainment system are available.
- Available cloth or leather seating surfaces
- Standard air conditioning
- Standard power windows and locks
- Standard remote keyless entry
- Optional dual-zone automatic climate control
- Optional heated seats
- Optional third-row seating
- Optional navigation system with XM NavTraffic
Under the Hood
The RAV4 is available with a four-cylinder or V-6 powertrain. Both front- and all-wheel-drive models are offered; the V-6 RAV4s can tow up to 3,500 pounds, when properly equipped.
Downhill Assist Control, which controls speed during off-road descents, and Hill-Start Assist Control, which holds the car in position for two or three seconds, is standard on V-6 models and four-cylinder RAV4s with a third-row seat.
- 179-horsepower, 2.5-liter four-cylinder with 172 pounds-feet of torque
- 269-hp, 3.5-liter V-6 with 246 pounds-feet of torque
- Available four- and five-speed automatic transmissions
- Standard limited-slip differential
- Towing package for V-6 models
Safety features include:
- Standard side-impact and two-row side curtain airbags
- Standard active front head restraints
- Standard antilock brakes with brake assist
- Standard stability system
- Optional daytime running lamps
- Optional backup camera
Cars.com Expert Reviews
|Joe Wiesenfelder||Cars.com National||December 30, 2009|
|Cars.com Staff||Cars.com National||September 28, 2009|
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Toyota RAV4
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.