2012 Toyota RAV4

Available in 12 styles:  2012 Toyota RAV4 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

The most valuable small SUV

by Fisherman from Southern California | March 11, 2014

I purchased 2012 Sport V4 model to replace 2005 Sienna Van. I rented a Hyundi Santa Fe for roadtrip before my purchsing. I also tested Nissan Rouge and Honda CRV. Rav4 and Honda CRV were on the final run. I choice Toyota because the package met my need for the price that I expected. Less than one year later, my wife purchased the 2013 CRV base model. Now, I can tell you the true experience of these two competitors as the user. They both have same performance. Rav4 2012 is the last year of the old model. Its interior was designed for V6 w/7 seat optiopn. The 2nd row seat can be slided back and forth. My 5 seat get extra leg room when I push back. Because mine is 5 seat model. It has X-extra huge cargo space. Put down the 2nd row seat, I can still get a flat space like a bed when I going out for camping like driving Sienna van. The 6 speakers audio has excellent sound quality. The only Con's for this car from my experience are 2: 1. The doors are very light, so most of times I have push a little when closing the door. 2. The gas tank is only 12 gal. I believe this is a compromise for the other X-extra features for 7 seat option. I believe this has been changed to 16 gal. in 2013 new model. Of cause, you will not get those X-extra space from 2013 model. My Sport model come with roof window, rack, buletooth and MP3, USB and back-up camera. I used to buy long lumbers from HomeDepot when I drove Sienna van. Although Rav4 is not as long as Sienna van , I can still buy plenty of 2x6x(8+ size). My Rav4 Sport model has #3 gear which help picking up speed on highway when I need. Honda has better interior (roomy). The windshield was pushed forward with wider glass to get more space. The interior width is also a little wider than Rav4. The driver's seat has arm rest which is good for long trip. The back-up camera(rear monitor) has become standard feature which is very thoughtful for high position vehicle. The cargo space is huge too. CRV has smaller turning radious for you make U-turn. They both make you feel very steady while driving on the curving road. They both very reliable, comfort, good driver's view to all around the traffic. The price is difficult to compare each other. I will think they are pretty much the same if same features, but unfortuantely their different trims equipted with different features. Toyota Rav4 (even though 2013 model) is a little sporty looking while CRV is more like city car. You shall pick what you need. You will like either one. Both Toyota and Honda make good value products. So far, I have 10500 miles on my Rav4 and over 5000 miles on CRV. My Rav4 perform 19 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the roadtrip with premium gas. My wife has never counted the mpg for her CRV. I think it is about the same in city. I guess the roadtrip mpg shall be a little better if we try Eco-mode. She mentioned one time about Eco-mode and said "You don't want use this feature in the town even though on highway because the system will run with less power." I guess that Eco-mode will be very helpful if we go for roadtrip in Wild West. Hope these true experience are helpful for you.

Great buy

by Love our Toyota from Ithaca, NY | January 23, 2014

We really like this car! Got it because we're expecting a baby and wNt something reliable and functional. We got it from Maguire Toyota in Ithaca, NY, and Bridget helped us. She was fantastic- never pressured us, just showed us everything we wanted to see, gave us more information, and answered all our questions. We'll be going back there for our next vehicle purchase,

Like the car, but. . .

by Don from Chicago area | November 25, 2013

RAV is a good choice, generally. Can't beat it for dependability, resale, etc. Not very exciting in the interior, although it's OK. I like the external spare, but that's going away, along with leather seat covers and V6 power. Uses tons of fuel, but that's true with the smaller engine as well.

Very good on gas milage, reliable and beautiful.

by Mrbof A Toyota fan by choice from Yeadon, PA | September 8, 2013

Very good on gas milage. Nice,cozy interior and beautifully crafted exterior. Spacious trunk for shopping and for reasonable haulage. Easily accessible driving features and equiped with some modern car technology. Loving It.

Loving it!

by 12161980 from Duluth, MN | July 28, 2013

Looks great, drives great. I bought it for the AWD feature for winter driving. I'm happy it will have the power when I need it, and has great gas mileage.

My Dream UV I Never Knew!

by Grandma's Ride from Los Angeles, CA | July 21, 2013

I am amazed at the comfort and security this vehicle gives me once I get behind the wheel. The difference in the gas mileage expenditure has improved from day one. I love the GPS feature and Blue tooth, which have come in so handy for me with my kids/family/co-workers! I love my Rav4! THANKS JESSE!!

great car!

by toyota fan from florida | March 7, 2013

The seller and finance personnel were all very helpful and proffessional. But best of all i got the best deal in the market! I love my new toyota rav4!!!

AWESOME!

by Business Grandma from Ballwin, MO | February 28, 2013

We just love this vehicle! Within 15 minutes of purchasing I was traveling 300 miles. It rode smoothly, I feel safe in it, comfy...simple WE LOVE IT!

like the v6 power. Goooooo

by oldycars from Pittsburgh Pa | February 23, 2013

I have a 2007 Rav4 and use it for travel. The V6 give you the option of getting out of the way or hitting the brakes. the interstates are test of survival. So when I found out that toyota was getting rid of the V6 safety feature, I purchased the 2012 with the V6. Now the 2013 Rav4 looks like all the rest. Oh hum

Mitsubishi

by Gullible from Chicago | January 28, 2013

Happy with car after purchase. There is nothing more to say than, what a nice car. It was the cae that caught my eye on the road