2013 Toyota RAV4

Starting MSRP

Overall

2013 Rav4

by Snowbunny from Essex, VT | October 22, 2014

I'm enjoying this car. I've had RAV 4 in the past and I'm having a great time in this one. Added features off the power moonroof, fog lights,led screen miles analysis, control heating and the added 4 wheel drive feature is great. Now I have all wheel drive and 4 wheel drive in the same vehicle. The backup camera is great. The Sport mode and Eco mode also gives 2 options of control. I'm happy finally to get back into a SUV.

Went from a Mustang to the Rav4 and LOVING it!!

by Work Car from Loxahatchee Florida | October 3, 2014

I bought my Rav4 brand new in the end of year sales December 27th and got a great deal on the price. I get 27.3 miles per gallon and I am at times very heavy on the gas. I have put just over 16,000 miles as this is a work vehicle for me and it still runs like the first day!! When I am on the road whether its highway or city the noise is very quiet compared to having a mustang before this!! The inside plastic is a little easy to scratch and I don't like having cloth on the door where you will be touching a lot but its a car not a house. I love the back up camera, cruise control and bluetooth! Three things that don't come standard on all vehicles in its category. This car also does great in very heavy rain where roads are flooded! I wouldn't have even know I was driving on a flooded road if the water wasn't spraying everywhere!! It did GREAT!! I do wish that the windshield wipers had more than slow, fast and faster but its just a pet peeve of mine and I can get over it. Tons of legroom in the back! Love that the back seats recline too! All around this vehicle is great!!

Wish I had not bought it...

by dnr from Louisiana | September 7, 2014

I waited 7 years for a new vehicle and had my heart set on the Rav-4 or the Honda CRV. We went with the 2013 Rav-4, I loved the look of it. Had I known then what I know now, I would have never bought it. At the test drive, I noticed all of the hard plastic inside, but did not realize how cheap it made the interior. Within 4 weeks we had an issue with the driver's door. We were told the "welds" had all come loose and a new door was ordered from Canada. Then parts of the roof rack came off, we went back to the dealer and had that replaced. A month or so later, the same parts came off the roof rack again! We never used the roof rack. My vehicle was white, my 4th white vehicle, under every door handle, under the gas tank door and under the two mirrors, each time it rained, black drip marks went down the entire vehicle at each of these places. Needless to say, at 4200 miles, I was done. I traded the vehicle in. We have a 2000 Toyota Sienna and the quality of that vehicle is so much better than the 2013 Rav-4. The vehicle I had seemed to be cheaply made, and it was not a cheap vehicle. This was our 4th Toyota, it will probably be our last.

2013 Toyota RAV4 XLE

by Kat from Maryland | July 20, 2014

Might be a little soon for this, but since the car is a 2013 model and it's July 2014 it's probably a good time since I'm now the second owner of this car. I purchased the TRav over the 4th of July just before my vacation to the ocean. After a 3 hour drive there, local Ocean City driving, and 3 hours back, I'm puzzled as to why the previous owner didn't keep the vehicle. Fun to drive; carried hubby and three teens around for a week or so and no complaints. Hubby has mostly all positive things to say also. Plenty of rear seat leg room and storage in the rear, and boy did we have it loaded down. Tks Toyota for the large side mirrors. Whoever thought of their size considered people like us that have the rear stuffed to the roof and no rear view mirror visibility. I was able to compensate just fine, and plan to purchase a roof rack. Believe me this isn't a knock to the TRav, but just an idea of what we packed. ENGINE: Performance for a 4-banger is excellent. There's enough engine and transmission options (ECO boost, Sport, and the neat Standard/Auto shifting) to make me feel that I've got enough options for all driving situations, and believe me I've used them so far. It's got some serious pep and delivers quickly. Gas mileage appears to be as advertised, but I'll probably be able to extend that carpooling back and forth from work since it's mostly highway. Soooo much better than my previous vehicle. TECHNOLOGY: Ok, this will be short from me since that wasn't much of a concern during purchase (Yeah, I'm in my early 50s - it shows). Love the back up camera, awesome bluetooth, excellent audio system, and hookups for iPODs, teenager gizmos, etc. Did I mention I love the bluetooth. Never thought I'd hear myself say that. ISSUES: Lack of lumbar support for cloth seats - Hubby has back issues so he's sensitive about this. See light color under scratches in red paint, but I plan to touch up and I'm very good at that sort of thing, so don't expect it to be a big problem. 4 stars for value for the money and reliability since that would depend on how trouble free the Rav will be in the future. Given the history of the Rav I'm hoping it will warrant 5 stars in a couple of years :) Additional PLUSES: Love how Toyota has the bottom of the body covered with the plastic and integrated into the bumpers. Figure I'll need that additional protection if we have another winter full of Polar Vortexes. Thought the dash design (bump out area to the glove box) was a bit odd at first, but after traveling around I've warmed up to it because it makes fiddling with the buttons easier. Lot's of additional hidden storage for tools and space around the spare tire for additional things. I'm a chick that likes her tools. All in all, I'm very happy with this vehicle and would recommend to a friend. Almost seems as though it was made just for me :)

Average vehicle

by Doc from Atlanta, GA | June 24, 2014

We had a 2007 highlander, great car was a hybrid and got 28mpg consistently. The 2013 Rav 4 has great looks but it stops there. It's noisy, clunky ride and worst of all overstated mileage by toyota. We have coasted, drove flat roads, been very light on the gas and the best we get is 24.1 on highway and 22.4 in town in easy suburban driving. Had 4 toyotas, 2 highlanders, camray and this is the most disappointing mileage. Would not recommend.

Average at best

by katekebo from Cincinnati, OH | May 8, 2014

I have owned the RAV for about one year. I bought it based on previous experience with Toyota vehicles and a good trade-in offer I got from my dealer for my previous car - my net-out-of-pocket on the RAV was ~$2-3k less than other comparable CUVs. After one year of ownership the best I can rate this car is "average". The only real positive is the amount of cargo and passenger space. In every other area the car falls short, especially comparing to competition. It's noisy, has a very stiff and uncomfortable suspension, safety ratings are mediocre (below key competitors), transmission behavior is strange and disconcerting, mileage is OK but not outstanding. Bottom line - just average. Not a bad car, but easily outclassed by several competitors in its class.

2013 Rav4

by Ashlee from Castro Valley | May 2, 2014

Had an awesome experience purchasing my very first brand new car. I worked with Umesh, who helped me find the car I wanted withing my budget.

I love it more every day!

by LE Owner from Waldoboro ME | May 1, 2014

I've owned by RAV4 LE for 6 months. We had lots of snow this winter. The RAV always made me feel comfortable that I had good control of the vehicle. The windshield wipers and defrost work well. The gas mileage as calculated by the onboard computer says I've averaged 27.2 miles per gallon over the first 5400 miles. My manual calculation has it at 25.1mpg. I drive around with it in eco mode most of the time. When I'm in a passing or merging situation I reach over and press the sport mode button. The transmission will immediately drop 1 to 2 gears depending on my timing with the gas pedal. I love that button. The paddle shifting option doesn't work as fast. I'm 54, my 22 year old son agrees that the sport button works best when you are mostly operating in eco mode. The low load floor with no lip and lift gate rear make loading and unloading super easy. I'm not a super tech geek, so not having the GPS or blind spot sensors, found on the more expensive models, doesn't cause me any regret. I do like the back up camera. The side mirrors are large and well placed for backing up. My first car was a 1967 Dodge Coronet with shoulders that the RAV4 also tastefully incorporates. Great visibility, very strong cornering ability (this is not a sports car), good options for controlling the acceleration vs mpg, plenty of useful space, all come together to keep me smiling. The one area that I wish it were just a bit better is the left foot rest for the driver. That is a bit small and angled wrong for me.

2013 Rav 4 Ltd.

by Jimbo from Calgary | April 30, 2014

Outstanding vehicle in every respect. We would highly recommend the Rav 4 to anyone looking for a reliable, comfortable, economical and fun car.

What a neat car

by This car is pretty cool. from Saint Petersburg, FL | April 18, 2014

WE bought our 2013 Rav4 Limited in November 2013. We were originally there to replace our tires on our 2010 Corolla and something catches our eye in the dealership. The Rav4 had the most compelling exterior design from the chrome in the headlamps to the "rest-your arm" on the rear-tail light. It was quite a change from the previous generation and it has grown on us. We decided to test drive a gray colored one. The ride wasn't too bad (but we own a rough-riding sports car so we are used to some bumps) but Toyota probably made it a little firm for handling purposes. The road noise was pretty minimal and when you opened the sunroof at 50+ mph, it was a little noisy. What REALLY made up our minds to buy the car were the immense amounts of technological features that it came with. Push button start with easy door-unlocking/locking, auto-dimming rearview mirror (this is great for that annoying headlight glare during the night), the great navigation unit, the blind spot monitor system with back up assist (although we wished the blind spot monitor made a noise when you tried to change lanes into another car), the vast amount of rear cargo space, the heated seats, the high driving position, and the bluetooth connectivity. I know that was a long list, but it was totally worth mentioning because it makes this car 100 times better than base models. The only problem we had since we bought the car was the power lift gate. Here in Florida we have lots of rainstorms. Water managed to get into the power lift mechanism in the gate and caused it to have a terrible squeak aw it went up. Fortunately toyota replaced it for free and it hasn't squeaked since. I use the car daily and gas mileage could be a little better. I know its rated around 26/31 but i feel like I've been getting a little worse, maybe 22/27. The transmission can be pretty smooth but if you been in a rodeo, the chassy seems to heave and ho upon acceleration. Its not the smoothest but its do-able. Rear leg room and head roof is plenty (I'm 6'0 and i fit perfectly fine behind my driving position. The two-toned leatherette seats are comfy but seem to wrinkle a little because the seat bolsters are in the way when getting in the car, so you are rubbing against it all the time. The eco mode has terrible acceleration but that's to save gas; the sport mode is peppy and good for fast-er accelerations and overtaking on highways, however, this accounts for poor gas mileage. I use normal mode for city driving. Overall, the Rav4 is a great deal with all the features it has. A bang for your buck. I would recommend it for families that want to take a nice cross-country road trip or those who use it to commute to work. Toyota truly lives up to their slogan with this car "Let's go places".