2014 Toyota RAV4

Starting MSRP

Overall

Really impressed

by T. Jones from Church Falls, VA | August 28, 2014

Just love my Barcelona red RAV4 XLE AWD a unique and sporty SUV ever driving. Its real strong on an powerful engine makes me have 30 miles per gallon. I have no issues with interior on any shortcomings got easy navigation has all modes on gas to driving habits. When putting both hands on steering wheel have an sporty enthusiastic feeling driving my RAV4 being comfy and fuel efficiency. Has great cargo room being its smaller still a great SUV for money getting a upgraded vehicle reminds me owning a Lexus with the features it has on being loaded.

To Purchase or Not Purchase

by Butch from Iowa | August 28, 2014

I own a 2014 XLE AWD. I've read the reviews and here are my thoughts: Likes: Flat, big cargo space for a little SUV. MPG is what they claim... Hwy 29-32, City 24-28. Bluetooth handless phone capability. Control panel on steering wheel. Dislikes: Uncomfortable seat and head rest. Blind spots due to high door design. Heated seat option not available. Glare on monitor screen. Feels like a high center of gravity. Not stout. Muffler and pipes visible. Yes, the hood does bounce. Funky cruise control post. Lack of comfortable driver arm rests. Yes, there is a vibration with windows open. Unable to activate/deactivate all interior lights with one switch. Recommendation: I can't recommend this vehicle primarily because the seats are uncomfortable and there are too many blind spots due to high door design.

Just fine

by Ama from | August 22, 2014

I've owned this car for a month - 2014 xle. Purchased this over the Mazda CX-5 because of the price alone (Toyota has bargaining power. Mazda doesn't at this point). I've owned a lot of Toyotas and they all drive pretty much the same. The second I drove this car, I felt comfortable. It responds well, it feels exactly like other toyotas I've owned. I'm not, however, blown away. There is a crazy glare on the screen. I'm technologically savvy and the computer system organization doesn't make any freaking sense. I've read the manual, spent more time than I have on candy crush personalizing the navigation, and I still can't get a seamless experience when driving. The voice command doesn't understand me and I've tried to calibrate it multiple times. Other issues - I have to step back every time I open the back door and there aren't enough storage compartments (I used to own a 2 door Yaris with more small-storage space than this car). Those things aside - it's a toyota and has AMAZING resell value (My yaris depriciated $200 in 5 years) and amazing reliability and my dealer has a great service department. I'm not crazy about this car, but for the money and the company, it's a great choice.

I Love my Rav 4

by Lazidaz from Fargo, ND | August 15, 2014

It's sporty and responsive. I can't imagine owning anything else. Everyone that has looked at it will be considering the Rav 4 for their next vehicle. Toyota makes such a great product!

Best car that I can see out of really good

by Cat from Northport,al. | August 13, 2014

I can see out of this vehicle all around and love the backup camera.It rides a little like a truck but it has big wheels so that is probably the reason.All in all I like this vehicle.

Overall excellent...some disappointments

by Carlos from Bloomfield Hills, MI | August 9, 2014

I bought this car to replace a well used and loved 2006 Highlander. The mileage in the RAV4 is substantially higher. It is not quite as large, but will do the job. I've been driving it for almost a month and following are my comments. Disappointments: 1. Noisy, jumpy ride 2. Terrible radio 3. No remote opener for garage doors (on top model) 4. No space for sunglasses and other odds and ends 5. Non locking glove compartment (!) 6. Overly complex electronics 7. Hard seats 8. Would like stronger headlights (as I have aged, my eyes get worse at night vision) What I like: 1. It's a Toyota (dependable and effecient) 2. Nice looking vehicle 3. Decent cargo capacity 4. Power liftgate (reason I didn't consider CRV)

RAV 4

by DAKOTA from Elizabeth City, NC | August 6, 2014

Better equipment and technology than a Honda CRV. Trying to get adjusted to a smaller vehicle (sold Ram1500 4X4 Quad Cab) Not a solid as the Rm but better mileage. Choice was between Ford Edge, CRV and RAV4. Edge & RAV4 equal except in price.

Good SUV

by PShah from Houston, TX | August 3, 2014

I have owned Toyotas for last 25 years and happy with the performance. With basic maintenance, never had any major problems. New RAV-4 Limited has lots of options that normally I expected in Lexus or luxury car. Navigation, Backup camera, Blind spot, Lane designation, etc. makes it easy to drive. Ride is not very comfortable as car or van but I expected that being SUV.

Not so pleased

by Teen from Opelousas, La | July 9, 2014

After driving a 2011 Nissan Rogue, I purchased a RAV4 basically for the looks and Toyota's rep on quality. Trading it in. The seats are hard and uncomfortable and the ride is like a wagon. I can feel every bump! I purchased the XLE and even though it has back up camera, bluetooth, etc, NO electric seats, no sunglass case. I couldve done without the sunroof for electric seats and a better ride!!!

Realistic Review

by KJG from Wisconsin | June 16, 2014

6/16/2014 This is an objective and realistic review from a person who has owned a 2014 RAV4 XLE AWD for two weeks and has completed several 300 mile trips. Male, 5'8", 180 lbs, age 50. PROS - Hwy MPG averaging 31. - Cargo Space is larger than competition. - Voice activated Bluetooth cellular functionality. - Voice and Hand activated stereo functionality. - Seems like a quiet smooth ride. - Front seat side cushions are comfortable. - AWD availability. - Reliable track record. CONS - Nowhere to rest elbows during driving. Uncomfortable. Try it. - Seat is hard an uncomfortable after 2 hours. - No neck support...There is a monster head support that doesn't adjust well, but why can't mfgrs make a nice neck support!! - Very very loud rumble/vibration if rear windows are open during driving. - Can't read air/heat temperature because the mounting plate is tilted toward sunroof reflection. - New "sleek" design is less functional providing less cargo space and access for large items. - More door height and less window... personal preference to have more window, less door panel. - Heated seats not available...Come on gang!!! I believe the 2014 RAV4 XLE AWD is more "sporty" than comfortable and is targeted to the younger generation. I believe the focus is to attract this market with a "sleek" design and bells and whistles provided thru the monitor screen. Most of the mini SUV mfgrs appear to be copying each other with this new design. Personally, I prefer to have more cargo space than a "sleek" design so I can fit things into my mini SUV. The loveseat I recently purchased won't fit because they tapered off the back end. Otherwise, it would have fit. I would also prefer more seat comfort, elbow rests and neck rest! If you want comfort, make sure you test drive it several times. The Honda CRV seemed more comfortable but had less cargo area. It is a nice looking vehicle and has some bells to play with, but try to look beyond looks and whistles if you also desire functionality and comfort.