2014 Toyota RAV4

Available in 6 styles:  2013 Toyota RAV4 4dr AWD shown

Overall

Rav4 a good bet

by MH123 from OH | January 2, 2016

I was shopping at end of year for 2013-2014 AWD vehicle with hatchback. I test drove the Subaru Outback , Toyota Rav4 Limited, Ford Escape SE and Titanius and Honda CRV touring. For the money and features the Toyota was the best buy. I will say the Honda was the smoothest ride and the Ford had the best engine performance. The Toyota was in-between these two for performance and comfort. The sport mode did give it better performance and the eco mode is nice for basic driving. Subaru Outback was not as good driving and I was surprised. Looking at the XLE and Limited in my view the Limited is worth it (~2-3K more on the used model). The limited has better seats and comfort. Also just more stand items included. Some have complained on the Bluetooth system. It works with my iphone 5 just fine and the dealer showed me a few tricks. The nav system is not the greatest, but not a big deal for me. since I like to use my phone anyway (included with limited so I have it). The interior lighting is a bit for for the switches but not a show stopper. Things I really liked were visibility, rear camera, blind spot monitoring, drivers seat adjustments., AWD, handling and overall power.

i hate this piece

by ihatetoyota from | October 8, 2015

I rented this car and I was NOT impressed. Everyone was saying the same thing.. S it has backseat recliners wow.. I would buy the Ford Escape or the X Trail or the CRV or something else I can't believe I rented this... I hate Toyota cars because they are extremely boring and timeless...Their parts are expensive and the don't last as long as you think

2014 rav 4

by tom from | September 30, 2015

Never enjoyed a day with my 2014 rav 4. So regretted buying it. The ride is the worst I have ever experienced causing my central nervous system to take a hit. Toyota says thats how they are built.

Great vehicle, overall

by Canucklehead from Toronto, ON | September 25, 2015

I own a 2014 RAV4 XLE AWD. Pros: Stable, comfortable ride with a relatively smooth and well-behaved 6-speed automatic transmission. Back-up camera is fantastic. Rear leg room is massive, especially compared to a sedan of equal length. The rear seats recline, which is great. The heated seats are phenomenal. The AWD system, brakes, and traction control make this vehicle feel extremely steady in poor, wintery conditions. It surprised me how well it all works. Cons: Cheap plastic around shifter lever. Rear styling is weird. The tail lights are odd-looking, and the button to release the rear hatch is far too high. Engine is very weak. I would have bought a V6 if it were still available. Overall, it's a great little SUV. It has a good balance of utility, size, and car-like handling. Just don't buy this vehicle if you're looking for something exciting to drive. It's not for people who value performance.

Overated but Good Space and MPG

by Marcia from Midwest | September 16, 2015

Pros: Nice Cargo Space for Mini SUV. Good MPG. Fairly quiet ride. Cons: Blind Spots due to High Metal doors and tailgate. Very Loud Interior Rumble when back windows are open. Uncomfortable seat after one hour of driving. Lack of true recreation assistance features. Lightweight aluminum doors dent very easily. Tailpipe and muffler hang down like they forgot to plan for it. No way to tie down tailgate when transporting large items with tailgate open. No way to shut off annoying beeper when tailgate is open. Tiny tiny arm rest storage box. Integrated voice calling and stereo need improvement. Summary A bit disappointed. I would not purchase a RAV4 again.

terrible interioal finish

by joshua from canada | August 30, 2015

Just want to let every one knows rav4 has terrible and unacceptable defects in the interioal finish. to look at the joint between windshield and top and you can see how rough the job they have done.that is really unacceptable!!!!!!! looks just like junk !!! not understand why they made rav4 like this. I checked other cars there is no one make this joint like rav4

Excellant car

by Hiran from Houston, TX | August 17, 2015

Lots of Space, great gas mileage, dependable, good dealer network. The wind noise very noticeable at freeway speeds specially when going over 75mph. But good outward visibility, smooth breaking, and powertrain is smooth and efficient

Unrepairable Air conditioner (AC)

by Family Man from Baltimore, Maryland | July 1, 2015

Car is beautiful over all, but it has stinky Air conditioner. And Toyota refuse to fix it under warranty. IT costs about 160$ every 3-4 months to have it deodorizer and change cabin filter.

rav 4 negatives

by ufo9768 from Effingham, Illinois | April 7, 2015

I purchased a 2014 rav4 on Nov 3, 2014. The xle model is great looking but not knowing the rating on the vehicle I did purchase the full 5yr 100,000 extra warraty. Now for the negatives as follows: 1. The speed indicator is off a solid two miles an hour and I hope I don't get a speeding ticket. 2. Too much glare on the screen in middle of dash. 3. This one makes me balistic - The bluetooth system really sucks, sucks, and sucks some more. I had it to the dealer and he said my problem is the brand of phone I have-bull ! I have a 2013 Chevy Silverado and the phone works the was it should on the bluetooth system so it's not my phone. This is how bad it is - When I receive a call after around two minutes the connectivety is lost and will not return until I pull off the road and shut the car off and wait two minutes and restart the car and then it returns. I don't care what brand of car from the most costly to the least that's just plain discusting. I was looking at a Chevy Equinox and only if I would have know I would be driving one. I will never buy another new car without test driving the bluetooth. 4. The dealer has the unliest dealer stickers ever that they put on the car and I just had to remove it.

Lynch Toyota Manchester Ct

by Craig from | February 20, 2015

I recently bought a 2014 Rav 4 LTD, on the day I was picking up my Rav 4, Eduardo explained in great detail how to use Auto High Beam, Lane Departure Alert, Blind Spot Monitor and plus Entune Premium JBL Audio with Navigation Multimedia App Suite, and connecting my I Phone including my address book and music. Yesterday had a problem with my music not connected, called and Eduardo was on a trip to New York, he called later in the afternoon, set up appointment in the evening and this problem was corrected in 5 minuets. Lynch Toyota is very lucky to have this terrific person on their team.