2014 Toyota RAV4

Starting MSRP

Est. MPG

See Photos & Videos

Overall

thought we liked it not at all

by tony from pittsfield ma | April 18, 2014

we leased 2013 xle its ok ride is terrible accelerates terrible no power very cheap interior not real happy had it for a year wish we got a camry highlander I think were paying to much for that vehicle to

poor Rav-4

by JohnPeters... from San Diego, CA and Tijuana BC, Mexico | April 15, 2014

This is the worst SUV that i have ever brought...it has not space and have a really bad 4-wheel drive

Uses car for Off-roading

Updates on 2014 RAV 4

by Harley Deuce from Arpin, WI | April 13, 2014

Back cargo area has insufficient lighting ( adding ) more of my own. Radio control panel/Navigation impossible to use in certain sunlight, Not just a little. Also, some switches behind and lower of steering are very difficult to use because steering wheel blocks them out. Like the cars. but these three things are very irritating to me,. And I think the 2 year, 25,000 mile warranty would have been a deal breaker if I was thinking more clearly.

Two Weeks from Purchase

by practical, but not stodgy from Abilene, TX | April 12, 2014

I had a tough time in deciding between the Terrain and the RAV4, but more acceleration (translating safety) and wife's comfort in the seats was the final determinant. Previously owning a '06 Camry also pointed toward reliability. Last weekend we took a round trip of about 400 miles, and I perceived a much stiffer ride than that of the Camry, although it is quite nimble in handling, and quieter. I did notice that on bumpy roads the hood vibrated, especially along the back leading edge. (Perhaps I am too picky.) Investigation revealed just a flexible plastic "support" structure under this edge, no steel, so no bolstering pad can be applied under the hood there. This design flaw should be ameliorated. The transmission shifts well, but the audio controls are a bit confusing for old folks, even though we are computer literate. Would I buy it again after this two weeks of driving experience? Probably, but its just like getting married - its going to take a while to adjust to the changes, and to really KNOW, although you have committed for life.

Perfect starter SUV

by Amy C from Buffalo, NY | April 9, 2014

This is a lux, easy to use and drive "starter" SUV. It has a comfortable ride and it feels sturdy and safe. I appreciate that it has an eco and sport mode, and it comes with a lot of upgraded features even in the base LE. My only complaint is the touch screen. I wish it was either angled to the driver or had a small lip or visor over it as when the sun is out it becomes very hard to read.

Smooth Driving Machine

by Subbu from Everett, WA | April 8, 2014

This is a reliable crossover/SUV with a lot of inner space and comfort for front row and back row passengers.

Great vehicle

by Toyota enthusiast from Lewisburg T | April 7, 2014

Very pleased with this RAV 4!!!!!!! Bought the limited after not planning for anything past the XLE. Turned out to be a great decision! Highly recommended!!!!'mm

nice vehicle, but not totally satisfied

by jane from Honolulu, HI | March 21, 2014

This review is on the 2014 Rav4 Limited Edition. While the exterior and interior are great to look at....I have some reservations on the vehicle regarding majority of the interior. 1. My #1 complaint is about the touchscreen radio. I wear polarized sunglasses (to minimize glare) but when the sun hits the screen...I can't see ANYTHING on the touchscreen radio!! I have to take my glasses off and then I can KIND of see. They should make the touch screen anti-glare or something because even when not wearing my sunglasses, when the sun hits the screen it is VERY difficult to see anything. 2. There are NO INTERIOR LIGHTING in the glove compartment, center console, or cargo area!!!! So, when it's night time and I have to get something from the glove box or center compartment I have to use the lighting from the top by the rear view mirror. And if I have to get anything in the cargo area at night...forget about it!!! I can't see anything, so I have to get out a flashlight or use my cell phone to look around. Granted, I do have black interior but still...at the very least wouldn't you think that there'd be SOME kind of lighting for the cargo area?! 3. There are very few interior compartments and the center console is pretty shallow compared to other vehicles I've had. At the very least, for the limited edition they could have included a compartment for your glasses. I find myself having to stuff everything into one place since there's such limited room. My smaller Honda Civic had wayyy more compartments and little nooks than this bigger size Rav4. 4. I'm sure they added all of the plastic pieces to the vehicle to save $. It would've been nicer without it, but of course it would've been much more expensive. Aside from all of that...I will say, the vehicle is a beauty to look at. I really like the different things you can do with the radio, change settings to certain things to fit what you want, and I absolutely love the heated seats. The ECO mode and the SPORT mode are interesting...but I honestly don't feel too much of a difference. The vehicle is very smooth to drive and I'm hoping to be keeping it around for another 10+ years!

Love my Rav4

by Balloon Lady from Bay Shore, NY | March 20, 2014

Just traded in my 2005 Rav4 for a new 2014 one. Love the interior and the comfort. The outside is beautiful. Interior features I did not know was in there. As always it drives so smoothly and effortlessly. Would not of traded in my old Rav4 but the new features on the new one will make my life easier. I never had a problem with the old one and am sure I will experience the same high quality on the new Rav4.

Can't beat a Toyota

by Brooks from Milwaukee, WI | March 19, 2014

Out of the other cars in this class that I looked at, I like the fact that the RAV4 sits up a bit higher. I also like that the spare wheel is no longer mounted on the hatch door but located inside, I also like that the hatch door rises up, versus opening from left to right. Much easier for loading/unloading to have the door out of the way. The back seats fold down fairly flat. I don't have to remove the head rests or move the front seats up any. I wish that Toyota had kept the lock on the glove box, but I guess they have to reduce costs somewhere. The inside styling is a little more functional and looks nice. The rear view camera is a nice addition. I love the hands-free calling thru the radio. The sound quality is very good. No more tunnel sounds or wind-rushing sounds on the other end. Easy to set up and use. The voice activated calling is great. I was very surprised. I also like that Pandora, when open on my phone, automatically streams thru the radio as soon as I turn on the ignition. I've only had the car for 3 weeks, but so far it is great. The only drawback at this point, is the cloth seat has a seam indentation near the seat-back. At first I thought this was a defect in the cushion, but soon discovered that it is the style of the seat. It is kind of strange to get used to at first, but I'm sure eventually I'll forget about it. The heated air takes about 5 minutes to warm up when the car is cold, and is not super hot, but adequate to stave of the cold. I find in general, that Toyotas take a bit longer to reach a hot air temperature, compared to other brands. I also find that I have to be careful to shut the door firmly, otherwise the latch catches, but the door isn't shut all the way. Several times I have failed to shut either the hatch or side doors properly and have to open and re-shut them. Only a minor nuisance. By the way, this review is based on the LE, automatic transmission. I really wanted the heated seats, but did not want to sacrifice the 3inches of head space for the sun-roof. I think it is a great car and will give me many years of satisfaction.