2003 Toyota Sequoia

14 city / 17–18 hwy

Overall

great suv

by ap from austin tx | September 1, 2012

i did allot of shopping and research. The tahoe and pathfinder both had transmission problems. The sequoia is very roomy and although it is big it has a tight turning radius and is very comfortable to drive and ride in. Mine is a 2003 and has 4wd so i can use it in the desert etc. Yes I would like better mileage but the mileage is same or better than the tahoe and mine has 4wd. I have retired and plan to use the Sequoia for traveling to see family and traveling to the state and national parks. I am very pleased.

Very good, just thirsty

by jeffrey from charlotte, Nc | May 24, 2012

This is a fantastic family vehicle. roomy, spacious and delivers when needed. It is great for eight to ride in a pinch or long haul. No real problems accept for toyota leather which is not the best, shows wear pretty easily. Gas mileage is not as bad as my landrover discovery, but it is not great, the saving grace is the vehicle uses 87. This is a good third vehicle, I would not advise it for a daily driver. Parts online are cheap and suprisingly the dealership parts aren't that bad either. The landrover is now at an auction. LOL! Love my Toyota

2003 Sequioa Review

by Toyota owner from Tucson, AZ | February 9, 2012

This vehicle is highly reliable, very comfortable, and provides a high sense of safety. The vehicle's engine and transmission are highly responsive to your demands. I recommend this vehicle highly, take care of it and it will pay you back with years of low regular maintenance spending.

Great SUV

by D & E from Alexandria, VA | November 19, 2011

This was our car...we loved it and only traded it in because we had no need for an SUV of this size. The one drawback is a large gas tank that gets about 13-15 mpg, but at least it takes Regular. If you need a three-row seat SUV that still has lots of cargo space, this the car for you.

My best friend

by Gina from Paso Robles, ca | August 15, 2011

I can only describe my Sequoia as my very best friend. I bought it about four years ago used. I have never had a suv that has givin me the reliable no headaches at all like this one. It seats eight and the ac is top notch the ride is wonderful and all I do is oil changes. Just had the brakes done normal wear at tear stuff. I never worry about a thing it always starts runs excellent and never lets me down. My 2002 z-71 tahoe by chevrolet let me down alot. I will never buy another kind of car but a toyota they are simply the very best. My daughter will be 16 in six years and I will hand it down to her and buy me a new one. That is how much trust I have in the seuuoia and toyota:)

Great vehicle

by dad from Illinois | July 11, 2011

This vehicle is great for what it was built for. I can haul 8 people and pull a boat or camper. We love it.

Better than I expect

by Raymond from New York | May 30, 2011

Sequoia was recommended to me by a friend when I was about to buy a BMW X5. I did not regret changing my mind to a Seqoia even though I still drive my BMW 5 series. The truck is good on the road. I drove from NYC to Atlanta and back. The Truck was so comfortable in driving and use less gas than I expect and it save me a lot of money compared to flying a family of 5 to Atlanta and return plus my Kids love it so much. I recommend it any one who like good elevation and confortable driving with family.

I just love my sequoia.

by foxynana from Warwick, NY | April 17, 2011

I purchaed my sequioa in 2003. I'm just getting ready to trade in now. If the gas prices were not so outrageous, I might purchase another. I have over 200,000 miles. It is great for long distance travel with the gas. Very comfortable.

Quality doesn't meet Cost

by marine mom from Hoschton, GA | February 17, 2010

To many costly problems with brakes and tires. Had to replace transmission, Back window motor, and 3 sensors.

extraordinarily reliable and comfortable vehicle

by mom from Maryland | July 10, 2009

Have owned one of these for 6 1/2 years and this has been a dream SUV and a pleasure to travel in. Super reliable with nothing but routine maintenance. 3rd row seat is easy to get to and will actually seat 3 adults just a little tight. Vehicle is very tight and quiet even after 6 years and over 100,000 miles. Highway mileage has been 17+ which is pretty decent given the carrying capacity of the SUV. Seats are very comfortable and rear A/C distributes plenty of air to rear seat occupants. Great family vehicle. 4WD goes through the worst snow.

Featured Services for this Toyota Sequoia