2006 Toyota Sequoia

15 city / 17–18 hwy

Overall

The Best SUV for the price out there

by Toyota Lover from Pennsylvania | July 11, 2013

I currently have a 2006 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4x4. I bought it used 2.5 years ago with 122,000 miles on it. Before this, I had a 2008 Toyota Sequoia SR5 4x4. I had to get something cheaper so I sold the 2008 and bought a 2006 Sequoia. Although the 2006 doesn't have as much power as the 5.7 engine in the 2008, it drives smooth and is more comfortable in my opinion. Maybe it's because I bought a Limited instead of an SR5. Furthermore, I have thus far put 35,000 more miles on my sequoia to take it to 157,000 miles. I have not had to replace anything and it has been running flawlessly. All I do is the recommended oil change every 5,000 miles. I must say that this 2006 sequoia is one of the best trucks I have ever owned.

Best SUV of the decade

by North Texas dad from Lewisville, TX | April 24, 2013

Overall greatness. Performance, ride, handling, acceleration, quietness on the road, reliability. No one buys this for MPG - We buy it to own it for 20 years and run 300,000 miles on it. Dowdy interior with cloth upholstery is comfortable. North Texas weather extremes almost demands cloth interior.

Great SUV

by Family Man from Louisiana | January 16, 2012

This is the best purchase I've ever made. The SUV is safe, reliable, durable, and comfortable enough for my family and more.

Mixed bag

by maitred from ca | March 13, 2011

Primarily purchased to transport grandkids. The gas mileage is in line with its weight. Rides better than its competitors, but it is a truck and not carlike. The electronics, DVD and NAV systems were designed by engineers on sake. The initial DVD screen is in Japenglish and riotously funny and lets you know what you are in store for. Both screens are eccentric and borderline unuseable. The turning circle is enormous. Most controls are idiosyncratic and not intuitive. Fit and finish are so-so. Plastic parts fall off periodically. The interior engineering is poor and the various controls are needlessly complex. It is spacious, but cargo capacity has issues due to the seating arrangements and the fixed hatch door. The seating was perhaps improved in later models. Access to the third seat is a challenge when two car seats are installed. Setting the speed control is subject to maddening uncertainty. The Sequoia will hold a lot of people, some comfortably. Plenty of power and drives better than a Suburban. No complaints as to engine reliability after 35,000 miles, but that is probably to be expected in any modern vehicle. Toyota should hire some Land Rover engineers to get the interior instrumentation and general ergonomics under control. Depreciation is remarkably low. All in all, the Sequoia is quirky, but gets the job done.

A lot better than Tahoe,suburban and expedition

by suv person from kerrville,tx | November 28, 2009

i have had my sequoia for over a year now and it is the best suv i ever had.Ive had two Suburbans in the past and u cant compare them with the Sequoia.Acceleration is like a luxury sedan with a big v8.I timed how long it took it to get from 0-60 and the result was 6.4 seconds,thats because i have the 5.7 liter engine. It turns like a car which is good considering how big it is.i honestly think its one of the best looking suvs on the market.Smooth highway ride,very safe.if your thinking about buying a tahoe please consider the sequoia i guarantee you will change your mind.i will definitely buy a sequoia again.good job toyota

Toyota Safety Saved My Life

by Toyota Forever! from California | August 8, 2009

My husband and I were involved in a roll over accident in our Toyota Sequoia and we walked away with minor scrapes from broken glass with no other injuries at all. I thank Toyota for building this car with curtain air bags, side air bags and both drivers and passenger air bags these features saved our lives. Never again will I complain about the 12 miles a gallon. Safety will always be my priority from today forward. I have already purchased a new Sequoia as the ride is completely comfortable and will remain loyal to them. Forever Toyota

I Bought My Dream SUV Too!

by SUV - "Sequoia Unbelievable Value" from Phoenix, Arizona | April 5, 2008

This is the best vehicle I have ever owned! I bought the Limited with 4 captain's chairs, it is the perfect family vehicle for our family of 4. I don't think you can find a more reliable and comfortable SUV for the money. I think it is one of the best looking SUV's on the road. Gas mileage is not its strong point, but once you get behind the wheel, it is no longer a consideration. Road trips are a dream, especially with the Navi and the DVD system. I also had the ipod conversion done to intergrate with the Navi touch screen (recommended add-on). I have had 2 years and it is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Would definitely buy another one!!! I also checked in Consumer Reports before buying and it holds its value like some higher priced German vehicles!

Best SUV ever made!

by golfer from Florida | March 24, 2008

It doesn't get any better than this. This SUV has been wonderful with a family of 4. Also, the back seat come out for extra luggage space for traveling. Even though the gas milage isn't great, you can't buy a better SUV than this one. I love it!

Great choice for a full size SUV

by Love the Sequoia from Minneapolis, MN | June 6, 2007

This was a great vehicle choice for us. We have a family of four and often have several strollers, wagons, etc. in with us. Besides the room, the Sequoia handles well and is very comfortable. Yes it likes gas, but I chose the safety and road security over paying less for fuel. It definitely has a car-like ride under most circumstances with the benefits of a full-size SUV. The four-wheel drive works great with a little or a lot of snow and the stability control gets you back on course--quickly. The leather seats are very comfortable and adjust to any desired postion. The accessories all work well and are easy to use. We traded our minivan for the Sequoia and previously had a Ford Expedition. The Sequoia is much easier to manuever and is more comfortable than the Expedition. This is definitely an SUV I would buy again without hesitation. I was hesitant to buy a "foreign" vehicle but was extremely impressed after only a couple test-drives.

Vakue for Money

by Sequoia believer from Sacramento, CA | January 15, 2007

You can not beat Sequoia's reliability and durability at the such good price. I've had my Sequoia for over a year now and still runs and looks as good as the first day I got it. Will definitely recommend this vehicle to friends and family