2013 Toyota Sequoia

13 city / 17–18 hwy

Overall

Love the Sequoia

by Sports Dad of 3 boys from Hingham, MA | February 7, 2014

My wife and I have been looking and researching for a new car to replace our 8-year old Honda Pilot for about 6 months. With three boys who are all active in sports, we needed a larger vehicle and test drove or reviewed all the usual suspects like Suburban, Tahoe, Expedition. We settled on the Sequioa for several reasons. First, it is a bigger SUV but not overwhelmingly long or wide like some of the other ones we considered. It has all the amenities that we wanted like auto seat fold, auto rear hatch open and close, rear camera, et al. Lastly was that we wanted something different from what everyone else was driving...our town has a poliferation of Suburbans and Tahoes. The only reason we don't give it a higher grade is that it does seem pricier than other similar class vehicles and the gas mileage is a bit of a bummer, but we knew that before we purchased. Overall I am happy and my wife is thrilled!

Great SUV

by Bleacher from SC | October 1, 2013

Purchased 2013 Sequoia Platinum and love to drive it. Great standard and safety features. It is a well built vehicle and is he second Sequoia I have purchased.

2013 Toyota Sequoia

by ATA Lawani from | September 20, 2013

In as much as I like this car, my greatest surprise is the dashboard. It surprises me that such a car would come with a poorly designed dashboard - unattractive for its name and for a 2013!

Nice Ride

by Sequoia Family from Maryland | January 9, 2013

Just replaced my 2003 Limited Sequoia for a 2013 Limited model. There are some great improvements in this car that have been made since 2003 but there are other things that are better in the older model. Lets start with the pros: much nicer, quieter ride --doesn't drive like a truck. Turning radius is awesome in new model. Interior--even though the specs say it is less than 2 inches bigger the car feels a lot roomier inside than the 2003. Wheels nicer as they finally increased the size of the wheels--still could be bigger though. Automatic folding third row is very convenient as before we had to remove the third row seats to use the space; this however leaves very little cargo room in the back when the seats are up. Cons: don't like the huge console--at first you think wow but it is so big that is is hard to find anything in it or get things out of it because it is so deep. The pull down cup holders in the second row are very cheap--I am sure they are going to break over time; plus if they are down I could see a passenger actually stepping on them or hitting them with their feet and breaking them as well as they literally sit on the floor when in use--older model had stationary cup holders behind console that you were very sturdy. In general car's dash board is very plastic and cheap plastic at that. The doors have "ashtray" like compartments in the front and again seem like they will break in no time with any kid of use. At a car of this price you would think that dashboard would be alot nicer...meaning the quality of the material. Also, this model has no day time running lights whereas my 2003 model did. Some of the dials for the radio etc with the Nav system are so far to the right that you actually have to reach to use them which is not exactly good if you are driving. When you upgrade to the HD nav system you lose the 6 CD changer but no one tells you this--had to call Toyota to find out as the sticker said we had 6 CD changer but the options listed on the sticker with the nav system just says CD and doesn't indicate you lose the 6 CD changer...not a big deal for most as the nav system offers the option of bluetooth, syncing your smart phone which gives you Pandora and other options. Lastly, gas mileage isn't great but one doesn't buy this type of vehicle and expect to get great gas mileage. Overall, still really like this vehicle, a great smooth ride, but disappointed in the quality of the interior.

Fun to drive.

by SUV fan from Dallas, Tx | October 7, 2012

Just got my 2013 Sequoia last week.. I took my family for a short ride to the mall. I took the 4 mile streach to the mall in just under 2 minutes . I didn't notice I was speeding 80 mph in 70 mph zone. I Have to slow down approaching the exit. The ride is so smooth on the highway and local streets. I know Toyota vehicles are so reliable and easy to maintain. My last SUV iis 2000 4Runner with 82k miles on it without any problem and very few maintenance and no major repair. It still very reliable and I'm passing it to my son.I'm sure my Sequoia is just as realiable as my 4Runner and my wife's RAV4.