1999 Toyota Sienna

18 city / 24 hwy

Overall

Gone before its prime

by Family of 7 from Louisville, KY | November 13, 2012

My wife and I purchased this vehicle used with 99K miles on it about three years past. Since then we have moved and make several drives a month back to see family and friends. The vehicle has been across country 3 wonderful round trips. There were no problems at 180K until we unfortunately encountered a deer. VERY SAFE IN A CRASH! Negative: Cheap plastic door handles that crack and break easily. You can find them readily online though. (hmmmm). Not as much rear cargo room in this van as our previous (Windstar). Positive: RELIABILITY / QUALITY / HANDLING / LONGEVITY. Not a bad trade off as I can fix the door handles. Overall: We really miss it, so we will be buying another Toyota!

Sienna 1999

by Chexyincx from Lagos, Nigeria | June 24, 2012

Spacious enough to accommodate my whole family and friends, Also helpful in the course of transportation of light goods for my business.

Love my Sienna

by Jenn from | March 5, 2012

This has been a fantastic car. I am pregnant with our third child and I love that I don't have to bend and reach to get my older two buckled into their car seats. It handles very well and has been great on gas milage, which is important as our budget for fuel is very limited.

BEST CAR I EVER HAD

by Carla911 from Orlando FL | April 20, 2011

I brought this car and it's now 200,800 miles and it's now giving me alittle problem. i dont want the car to break on me but I cant believe how great this car took a beating. I could hold up to 11 teenagers, 2 adults and the tires dont bust. I am sad that I have to part with my care but it looks like like this burgandy siena ce.

Excellent family car

by Family Car Specialist from | April 17, 2011

Secure, secure, and secure. My fried told me his wife driving Sienna and crashed in a serious accident. But, she wife escaped without a scratch.

Among the best mini-vans out there.

by Blue Spirit from Cincinnati, OH | January 4, 2011

Most everything was near perfect and reliable on this mini-van and quite capable of going another 150,000 miles with a little luck and car.

Best Van Ever Owned

by Indianapolis Toyota Owner from Indianapolis, IN | April 19, 2010

Previously owned a Dodge Caravan. Worthless van in my opinion. Replaced 3 transmissions in the van (1 we had to pay for) and couldn't wait to get rid of it. Our Sienna on the other hand has been a great vehicle. Purchased it new in fall of 1998 and now have over 150,000 miles on it. Runs great, looks great and get about 21 miles to the gallon in the city. We replaced timing belt at 107,000 miles and have just done regular tune ups as required. Had to replace passenger side window motor but other than that no major repairs. Great van to own and drive and still looks good today. Would definitely recommend to someone to purchase if looking for a dependable used van. Just make sure before you purchase the Sienna that if it has over 100,000 miles that the timing belt has been replaced. This is about a $1,000 bill because you also need to replace water pump at same time.

Never let me down!

by guest4254 from South Amboy, NJ | March 11, 2010

I bought this vehicle in June of 1999, 2 weeks before the 2000 models came out. I can't imagine a better experience. Never had a problem! Never had to worry, "will it start up...will I be late for work etc". My Sienna's been through most of the east coast, including Canada twice, Tennessee, Mississippi, Arkansas, and always brought my family back home safely. Over 136,000 miles and still chigging!!!

Dont Do it!

by Lou PTA from Louisville, KY | March 12, 2009

We're on our third engine on this van, and this one is about to die. This model year Sienna is very prone to engine sludge, which destroys the engine. The OEM motor failed at 127,000 miles. The rebuilt engine failed within 3,000 miles & was covered by warranty & replaced free. The third blows a voluminous cloud of blue smoke, uses 2 qts of oil per week and runs with a direct miss in one of the cylinders. We bought it based on reviews like the ones above, but our experience has been regrettable with the 1999 Sienna.

Best minivan in the world!

by Bluemarble from New York | December 3, 2008

We loved this minivan and had a hard time giving it up. We bought it because of its safety rating and efficient gas mileage (minivan with best gas mileage). Since we no longer need this much space, and don't take as many car trips we decided to downsize. The Sienna was reliable, and so comfortable for long trips! The fold up back seat in these cars makes it very convenient to switch from a 7-passenger van to a 4-seater with lots of luggage space. This is the best car for families of 4 or more!

Featured Services for this Toyota Sienna