2006 Toyota Sienna

2006 Toyota Sienna
Available in 8 styles:  2006 Toyota Sienna 4dr FWD Passenger Van shown

Overall

Best Car I've ever owned!!

by Smiller from Oklahoma City, OK | July 12, 2015

I bought my 06 minivan with 5,000 on it and I have LOVED it!!! It is so versatile and so reliable. I have put 144,000 miles on it and have not had one issue. This van has plenty of room, plenty of storage space, plenty of cup holders and the "well" in the back is awesome!! Made packing for trips a breeze!! We transported kids for all kinds of school activities. Loaded it and moved them to college. Now that we are "empty nesters" I am looking for a smaller vehicle. I haven't driven anything that compares to my van. Still looking....

Very Reliable & nothing I can't fit into that van!

by my3sonsandfriends from Central NJ | June 23, 2015

My 2006 XLE Sienna was my 2nd minivan and since I spent so much time in the car driving kids I wanted a more luxurious van. After 8 plus years and 100k miles I still love the Sienna and so glad to here many owners are getting 200k miles out of theirs. Other than normal maintenance I have not had any problems. Car is still a comforable, roomy, and quiet ride. We are shopping for a car for our teenage sons and my husband wanted to trade my van in to get the boys a car and get me a new car and I don't want to give it up so kids will have newer car than me. On one ski trip i had 5 men/boys 3 over 6'3" 2 5'11", 5 snowboards and gear, luggage, all the food we needed for 1 week and 2 dogs on a 3hour trip to upstate NY no one was complaining that they were cramped and car had plenty of power with the heavy load. Safety is also great was rearend by a SUV and Pickup Truck only had minor damage and slight whiplash from impact, didn't even know that 2 other large vehicles had hit me until police came to check on me. Thanks Toyota for a great car you have a customer for good. Teenagers are getting a Toyota.

235,000 and going strong

by Harry from Cape Cod, MA | April 10, 2015

This vehicle has been GREAT. I still take it on 200 mile drives, no problem. Everything works except the right "automatic" door - it still opens and closes, good exercise for the teenagers! Unfortunately, none of the kids will drive it (not cool) so we are selling. :-) I would just advise those of you with less mileage, consider keeping it going. A very honest used car salesman said to me at about 210,000 miles, "we go to the auction all the time and see these with 350,000...you might want to think about hanging on to it." At about 200,000 I had to do the timing belt and other things for about $1,500 but that was about it!

160,000 Mile Review

by Van Man from St. George, UT | September 22, 2014

We've owned our 06 Sienna Limited AWD from new for nearly 8 years, and put 160,000 miles on the van. I felt "inspired" to write a review, as we've never had any car (we usually had fords and chryslers) make it nearly this long! - - The good about the van is that it is a comfortable, safe, practical, reliable vehicle. All electronics still work on our van (and there are lots of them with power everything, a dvd player, and 120v outlets), and the leather is in better shape than a VW we have with 29,000 miles on it! We've taken it in blizzards, pouring rain, up mountains, on dirt trails, on pot-hole-paved roads, and it currently resides in the desert. Our van has been through about everything (including a front-end collision) and held up well! - - There are a few cons we've noticed over 160,000 miles that are worth mentioning. The engine, though smooth, quiet, and refined--struggles to maintain speed up interstate inclines when the van is loaded (which it always is on family trips, that's why you buy one of these?). Relating to that, because it spends so much time downshifting to nearly redline, the fuel economy is a dismal 18-19mpg highway. I'm sure if you drive 65mph at sea-level and your van isn't loaded, you might approach the 23 they say you can get. Another slight negative is the doors. Even before 100,000 miles, they were falling apart. The bottom panel comes away from the door while the top part remains somewhat fastened to the metal. Toyota puts some clips in there and says "there isn't a problem." We just ended up screwing, yes, screwing the door panel together. I give toyota credit that in the new sienna, they don't make the door panels like that, but you may still have to deal with them. - - Overall, there isn't a better minivan out there. Our van has more than got its money's worth, and I'm not planning on getting rid of this van ever! I'll drive it until the wheels fall off, which we're hoping is over 250,000 miles. It's expensive to buy (like any reliable, quality car), cheap to maintain (oil changes, brakes, and tires), and has a few quirks, but it's without a doubt the best car we've ever owned!

Losing my patience...

by maroriginal from Utah | April 7, 2014

Bought a used Sienna for the 3 car seat fitting, budget friendly season of my life. It has served it's purpose well for those reasons and I would still choose to have my kids ravage this car than anything more expensive. But I'm losing my patience and eagerly saving for another vehicle....after 100K the exterior of this car is falling apart! Anytime there's a big wind storm and I hit the freeway I cringe because there are so many lose exterior parts that have already ripped off (seals and undercarriage) and I don't want to lose anymore. The car absolutely rattles past 60 MPH from cheap plastic inside and out. There's this high pitched whistle on the driver's side from ill-fitting seals. Long road trips have proven to be obnoxiously noisy (from the car, not the kids). The sound system is dud. I'm also disappointed that it's very mediocre in the snow. (not a traction control or AWD model). My biggest complaint is that the automatic door went out at 80K. Online searches show this is very common and very expensive to fix. My kids struggle to open it on the manual setting because the door is so heavy with a dead motor inside it. iIt's very frustrating and inconvenient! I'd rather put the money into a different vehicle than pay to fix it. I'm convinced Toyota has put great attention to ensure that this vehicle will make it to 200K (if it doesn't fall apart first)...but....my patience for a comfortable ride with working doors will not last that long.

Family loves our Sienna!

by Sherri from Lexington, KY | March 7, 2014

Our family of five with three teens loves our Sienna. It's all we had hoped for. It rides well, has great response, loads of options to make our long vacations comfortable and enjoyable. The kids actually don't mind traveling in it. More than anything, we know we can trust its mechanics without worrying about breakdowns (especially ensuring me as a wife). Siennas are a bit pricier than other vans, but it's the best vehicle we've ever owned. If you take care of your Toyota, it will take care of you. No regrets.

reliable

by sienna is reliable from | January 3, 2014

this is the most wonderful car we have had it has 105,000 miles on it and never have had a problem with it.. i would recommend you whoever you are to bye this car its the best car you can get.and the most safest car we have ever had..

Pricy but worth it...

by Sienna Owner from Virginia | October 2, 2013

After shopping around 3 months for our second mini-van (first one was Kia Sedona), we decided on Toyota Sienna Limited AWD w/ all the options. Nice smooth ride and no major mechanical failures. Routine oil changes, air filter, transmission oil changes, brake pads replaced. I've owned it 7 years now, and it still drives very well. I will only mention the problems experienced, otherwise nothing wrong. Swapped the run flats with regular tires and bought a spare. Run flats would wear out after 15,000 miles. Current tires have 40,000 miles and passed Virginia inspection. The A/C belt was replaced due to sqealing sound. Only major service performed after warranty was the right front rotor was replaced at the dealer $725 at 105,000 miles.

SAFEST most comfy reliable vehicle ever made

by KrazyTracy for Sienna's from south carolina | October 21, 2012

I bought this van new most money i ever paid for a car and I also had a volvo. One month ago a huge SUV totalled my beloved van. When the jaws of life cut me out of my van and took me to the ER the doctors were AMAZED not only that i lived..but that I did not break a bone nor suffered...a scratch. This van didnt give me one bit of trouble for the almost 7 years I had it. It drove like a lazy boy on wheels and we could pack it like it was a storage unit. I have to say though i bought the model wth only 1 sliding door, it was a big huge pain. Now they come with two sliding doors.(toyota learns I tell you)I used to think vans were dorky but like another reviewer said...once u go van...however my only complaint is trying to find another I can afford as the new ones are pretty pricey. This is a SAFE reliable comfy easy goodlooking van to drive. And unlike the odyssey that has 5 million gadgets to break this LE model is durable with just enough bells to make u happy. So RIP my perfect blue 2006 van...i loved you well.

LOVE MY SIENNA

by sahm from Kansas City | April 19, 2012

I purchased a sienna about a months ago and love it to death. I purchased it because it has a long life mile wise and it is really comfortable and reliable. I have two kids and getting them in is such a breaze now. used to have an equinox and loved it but we needed to get a larger car. my husband had a mustang and that is what we traded in to get the mini van. We have the 8 passenger version and my mom had an 04 7 passenger version. I love mine more and so does my mom. after I purchased my sienna two of my friends said that they love it and are getting one also. I love having the 8th seat in the second row because I can have a storage box for my kids things and a "trash can" that they can reach from their car seats easily. and the 8th seat is just as nice as the other two seats next to it and is not a rumble seat but a real seat. If I could have found as good a deal on another sienna with more features and the ce that I got I would have gone with that but even stripped down it is better than any other mini van I was looking at. About a week after I got my mini van a friend of mine was in a wreck and they ended up getting a loaner mini van of a sienna and her hubby said that as soon as they could they were going to trade in their mini van for a used sienna because they were just sooooo impressed with how nice the sienna was. She loved her grand caravan but she wants the sienna because it is just soooo much nicer. And I totally agree.

Featured Services for this Toyota Sienna