2006 Toyota Sienna

Available in 7 styles:  2006 Toyota Sienna 4dr FWD Passenger Van shown

Overall

Losing my patience...

by maroriginal from Utah | April 7, 2014

Bought a used Sienna for the 3 car seat fitting, budget friendly season of my life. It has served it's purpose well for those reasons and I would still choose to have my kids ravage this car than anything more expensive. But I'm losing my patience and eagerly saving for another vehicle....after 100K the exterior of this car is falling apart! Anytime there's a big wind storm and I hit the freeway I cringe because there are so many lose exterior parts that have already ripped off (seals and undercarriage) and I don't want to lose anymore. The car absolutely rattles past 60 MPH from cheap plastic inside and out. There's this high pitched whistle on the driver's side from ill-fitting seals. Long road trips have proven to be obnoxiously noisy (from the car, not the kids). The sound system is dud. I'm also disappointed that it's very mediocre in the snow. (not a traction control or AWD model). My biggest complaint is that the automatic door went out at 80K. Online searches show this is very common and very expensive to fix. My kids struggle to open it on the manual setting because the door is so heavy with a dead motor inside it. iIt's very frustrating and inconvenient! I'd rather put the money into a different vehicle than pay to fix it. I'm convinced Toyota has put great attention to ensure that this vehicle will make it to 200K (if it doesn't fall apart first)...but....my patience for a comfortable ride with working doors will not last that long.

Family loves our Sienna!

by Sherri from Lexington, KY | March 7, 2014

Our family of five with three teens loves our Sienna. It's all we had hoped for. It rides well, has great response, loads of options to make our long vacations comfortable and enjoyable. The kids actually don't mind traveling in it. More than anything, we know we can trust its mechanics without worrying about breakdowns (especially ensuring me as a wife). Siennas are a bit pricier than other vans, but it's the best vehicle we've ever owned. If you take care of your Toyota, it will take care of you. No regrets.

reliable

by sienna is reliable from | January 3, 2014

this is the most wonderful car we have had it has 105,000 miles on it and never have had a problem with it.. i would recommend you whoever you are to bye this car its the best car you can get.and the most safest car we have ever had..

Pricy but worth it...

by Sienna Owner from Virginia | October 2, 2013

After shopping around 3 months for our second mini-van (first one was Kia Sedona), we decided on Toyota Sienna Limited AWD w/ all the options. Nice smooth ride and no major mechanical failures. Routine oil changes, air filter, transmission oil changes, brake pads replaced. I've owned it 7 years now, and it still drives very well. I will only mention the problems experienced, otherwise nothing wrong. Swapped the run flats with regular tires and bought a spare. Run flats would wear out after 15,000 miles. Current tires have 40,000 miles and passed Virginia inspection. The A/C belt was replaced due to sqealing sound. Only major service performed after warranty was the right front rotor was replaced at the dealer $725 at 105,000 miles.

SAFEST most comfy reliable vehicle ever made

by KrazyTracy for Sienna's from south carolina | October 21, 2012

I bought this van new most money i ever paid for a car and I also had a volvo. One month ago a huge SUV totalled my beloved van. When the jaws of life cut me out of my van and took me to the ER the doctors were AMAZED not only that i lived..but that I did not break a bone nor suffered...a scratch. This van didnt give me one bit of trouble for the almost 7 years I had it. It drove like a lazy boy on wheels and we could pack it like it was a storage unit. I have to say though i bought the model wth only 1 sliding door, it was a big huge pain. Now they come with two sliding doors.(toyota learns I tell you)I used to think vans were dorky but like another reviewer said...once u go van...however my only complaint is trying to find another I can afford as the new ones are pretty pricey. This is a SAFE reliable comfy easy goodlooking van to drive. And unlike the odyssey that has 5 million gadgets to break this LE model is durable with just enough bells to make u happy. So RIP my perfect blue 2006 van...i loved you well.

LOVE MY SIENNA

by sahm from Kansas City | April 19, 2012

I purchased a sienna about a months ago and love it to death. I purchased it because it has a long life mile wise and it is really comfortable and reliable. I have two kids and getting them in is such a breaze now. used to have an equinox and loved it but we needed to get a larger car. my husband had a mustang and that is what we traded in to get the mini van. We have the 8 passenger version and my mom had an 04 7 passenger version. I love mine more and so does my mom. after I purchased my sienna two of my friends said that they love it and are getting one also. I love having the 8th seat in the second row because I can have a storage box for my kids things and a "trash can" that they can reach from their car seats easily. and the 8th seat is just as nice as the other two seats next to it and is not a rumble seat but a real seat. If I could have found as good a deal on another sienna with more features and the ce that I got I would have gone with that but even stripped down it is better than any other mini van I was looking at. About a week after I got my mini van a friend of mine was in a wreck and they ended up getting a loaner mini van of a sienna and her hubby said that as soon as they could they were going to trade in their mini van for a used sienna because they were just sooooo impressed with how nice the sienna was. She loved her grand caravan but she wants the sienna because it is just soooo much nicer. And I totally agree.

Our first sienna

by First sienna from Appleton, wi | March 12, 2012

Love the reliability, generous space, and storage. Middle and especially back ride is more bumpy than I'd like, but kids seem to be all right with it.

Comfy Cruiser

by Flying Dutchman from Rural Northern New England | December 6, 2011

Reassuring AWD, drives smaller than it is, smooth and quiet drivetrain, difficult rear bucket seat tilting and removal, excellent convenience features including automatic doors, superb visibility, nice aerodynamics assist in decent 20 mpg mileage, ample interior storage nooks, driver seat could use more aft adjustment room, nice feeling of control at the wheel, high quality stereo speakers and features on XLE, brilliant ergonomic touches, soothing dashboard but too many idiot lights...overall it is a fine luxury yacht and the AWD puts it above the better designed and better handling Odyssey for northern climates and long distance cruising in any weather conditions.

Great family van

by Eric from Burlington, IA | November 29, 2011

Great van for the family. It is quiet and the interior is very nice. I bought the XLE model and love the options on it.

2006 Sienna Limited

by Herb from Daytona Beach, Fl | November 16, 2011

This is the second Sienna Limited that we have had the opportunity to own. It is a perfect family. Fairly good mileage, excellent mechanically. As you can see, after two there is no reason we would not purchase a third. My wife and grand kids love it. Very comfortable and efficient.