2008 Toyota Sienna

Available in 7 styles:  2008 Toyota Sienna 4dr FWD Passenger Van shown

Overall

best dealer, best experience

by Richie Rich from staten Island, NY | April 30, 2014

Major nice, major sweet, major joy, no hassle, very comfortable, Ider Vivas a very good person to work with. sorry Major world.

Engine Valve Knock

by Mike from NY | March 31, 2014

Every single Sienna owner tells me the same thing: this thing sounds like a diesel engine when you start it up. Toyota won't admit that there is a valve slapping sound, and it worries me that the engine will not last. Otherwise, it's not a bad machine. I just wish they'd step up and acknowledge the engine slapping problem with their v6 minivans.

Lots of room

by Cooking Gal from | January 24, 2014

the van I purchased from Carlo at Rock Auto ROCKS!! I did the research and my mechanic agreed Toyota was the best choice for me. As a personal chef the room is awesome, parties for 100 piece of pie easy with seats that roll into the car and others that fold up. Carlo treated me fairly, got a dent fixed as part of the deal and gave me great service. I was lucky to find the car I needed and the salesman that made it painless. Thanks Carlo your expertise is appreciated RMB

reliable for a family use

by sam from Memphis,tn | December 29, 2012

Good choise for the price and performance. Cars.com contributed best role on searching what I need with my budget.

excellent choice

by nell from Fayetteville, NC | September 1, 2012

I think that this is the most reliable car that I have ever had. Is good on gas mileage and very comfortable to ride in.

Not as expected

by BJ from Ontario, Canada | July 12, 2012

This is the fourth Toyota I have owned and may be the last. Leased new in 2008 and we are glad it is over. This van is anything but top quality. Rear door rubs evertime it is opened, tires gone at 50,000 Klms, sounds like a tank when started, REAR brakes gone at 50,000 KLMS, plastic speedometer cover cracked at 40,000 Klms, tint pealing off windows, battery gone at 40,000 Klms and now it is leaking oil all over the driveway. The Van is not very comfortable to drive on long trips and needs some upgrades to seats.

Lowest cost of maintenance ever

by Family man from | April 23, 2012

I believe the consumers reports specialists are coming to the same conclusion, but just wanted to say this is our second Sienna and we will continue to buy them as long as we need a minivan. The ride is great and the maintenance required is minimal. Great quality vehicle. We have 4 kids and we take family road trips every year riding in comfort and confident in our Sienna's ability to make the trip.

Great Van

by Chuck from Sioux Falls SD | September 6, 2011

I had purchased a new 2008 Toyota, after it got totaled out I wanted another. I had to go 300 miles into Iowa, but I got one identical to the one that got wrecked. They are so very dependable, they work.

Greatly improved

by Large Family from Southeastern, PA | March 2, 2011

We are a family of 7 (5 sons age 4 mo to 13) so we needed something ROOMY. Also considered Sprinter, Yukon/Suburban, Town & Country, Caravan, and Odyssy. Sienna won in the end. Traded a beat 2000 LE (180K miles) for a 2008 LE (47K) and wow, what a difference. Interior is the no-nonsense "function over flash" Toyota excels at. No DVD option on this one, but removable units could be mounted on front headrests and seen throughout. We have one power door on this model (passenger side), and wish we had more (empty buttons on the ceiling cluster remind us we don't have them). Stowable 3rd row seats are very easy, and result in increased cargo space in the back. 2000 had full size spare underneath, this does not because of stow feature, but worth tradeoff for the extra space inside. Optional 8th seat, and console between driver/passenger sears are very nice. I am 6' 7, and I can actually fit in any seat, although tilt steering wheel obscures top of the speedometer for me when all the way up. Seats are larger and comfier than stow & go seats of T/C and caravan. Carpeted mats cover almost every exposed inch of floor, so you have a chance of saving the carpets. Ride is so smooth and quiet, you'll have to relearn how fast you are going. During test drive I looked down while on the highway and was going 85!. Sitting in driver's seat, not a single inch of van is in your primary field of vision. It's like sitting 2 feet from a big screen HD TV. If you feel more secure seeing things like your own front end, roof supports, etc when driving, this may not be the best for you. Gearshift in console under the stereo takes getting used to, especially with 4th and 5th gear "overdrive" differentiated with a slight movement of the knob. (2000 had overdrive button on the end of the column shifter) Engine has nice acceleration and does not complain...even at 85. Stereo volume auto adjusts based on speed, and as typical for Toyotas, is heavy on the Bass. Because of my size, some buttons to left of steering were blocked by my knee. I miss having mute button on the wheel, but other controls still there. Cruise controls are a little more out of the way than they used to be, but still a lever on right side of column rather than front, which is OK for me even with my knees in the way. - I imagine the big a** airbag in the wheel took up all the space. Actually, everywhere I look I see an airbag label in this thing. Power windows in the sliding doors are sweet, as is the disable button on the dash when the kids find out there are power windows in the sliding doors. Turning radius in this thing is impressively small. I think I could do circles in my living room. Steering/suspension is indeed "light" as other reviews say. If you want more sporty feel, fork over the dough for an Odyssy. Our 2000 had a LOT of problems, but we beat it to 180K miles, so what do you expect? Extended warranty may be a good idea as there is a long list of expensive to fix/replace things in this van. Overall, this van is one heck of a nice ride.

Like driving a living room

by kipper from Southern Indiana | January 19, 2011

The AWD is awesome and does super in the snow. Has as many feature as my house. Kids are well entertained which makes enjoyable, long trips. Has an incredible amount of power and a smooth ride. We wanted the Honda Odessy but it didn't have the features that the Sienna does; AWD, navigation, heated leather seats, DVD. Doesn't get any better than this.