The Toyota Sienna minivan's optional all-wheel drive and refined, upscale interior are among its notable traits. With room for up to eight passengers, the Sienna's competition includes the Dodge Grand Caravan and Chrysler Town & Country, as well as the Honda Odyssey, Hyundai Entourage and Nissan Quest. Siennas are available in four trim levels: CE, LE, XLE and top-of-the-line Limited. All-wheel drive is available on the three upper-end models. The Sienna is the only minivan to offer all-wheel drive, as other automakers have either dropped the option — including Dodge, Chrysler and Chevrolet — or, like Ford, have dropped minivans altogether. CE and LE minivans come in seven- or eight-passenger configurations.
New for 2009
There are no significant changes to the Sienna for 2009.
The current Sienna rides a 119.3-inch wheelbase, measures 201 inches long overall and stands 68.9 inches tall, which is similar to other minivans, including the Grand Caravan, Odyssey and Kia Sedona.
- 16-inch wheels
- Dual sliding doors with power windows
- Keyless entry
- Available 17-inch wheels
- Available power-folding side mirrors (Limited)
- Power sliding doors and power liftgate (standard on XLE, Limited; available on LE)
Two second-row seating choices are available. The seven-passenger configuration features second-row captain's chairs; the passenger-side chair can be moved side to side, permitting either a bench or bucket seat arrangement. For eight-passenger seating, CE and LE models can be equipped with a three-way split-folding bench seat in the second row. In that setup, a "Front and Center" middle seat can move nearly 13 inches closer to the front seats, making infants in child-safety seats more accessible.
- Tilt/telescoping steering wheel
- 10 cupholders
- 148.9 cubic feet of cargo volume behind the front seats
- 94.5 cubic feet of cargo volume behind the second row
- 60/40 "Split & Stow" third-row bench seat folds flat into the floor
- Available laser cruise control
- Available navigation system with rearview camera
- Available rear DVD system
- Available sonar-based front and rear parking assistance
Under the Hood
Toyota's 3.5-liter V-6 that's used in the Sienna sees duty across a number of its vehicles.
- 266-horsepower, 3.5-liter V-6 with 245 pounds-feet of torque
- Five-speed automatic transmission
- All-wheel drive available on LE, XLE and Limited trims
Safety features include:
- All-disc antilock brakes
- Electronic stability system and traction control
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Side curtain airbags for all three rows of seats
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2009 Toyota Sienna.