2012 Toyota Sienna

Available in 12 styles:  2012 Toyota Sienna 4dr FWD Passenger Van shown

Overall

Great looking, great MPG

by cdpmtoy from Nashville TN | May 11, 2014

The 2012 Sienna gets great MPG i got 26.4 below 70 MPH. The V6 is the way to go. It handles very well. It has a lot of torque steer when accelerating. It can hold all the 4X8 sheets of whatever you want and keeps it dry. I miss my Tundra but this is a great compromise.I have three kids and it holds all the stuff you want. Easy access always. Great van!.

Second Sienna and cost cutting is getting obvious

by Family Guy from NY State | March 5, 2014

I had a 2008 Sienna for 4 years and decided to move up to a 2012 SE model. The 2012 has been great but quality is definitely starting to slip. The interior plastics mark and scratch easily and squeaking from the rear seats when unoccupied is getting annoying. Today, at 25,000 miles my dealer tells me both front shocks are finished and need to be replaced (under warranty luckily). I live in suburbia, how this happens is beyond me. The switches for the sunroof and passenger window stick and need a couple tries to get them to work. For a 2 year old car worth over $30,000 I expected alot more. The kicker is my base model VW Golf has standard heated seats, not even an option with this van. In Canada, it makes a difference. My advice, check out a Honda Odyssey before the Sienna. I wish I did.

Love my swagger wagon

by Swaggermommy from WI | November 14, 2013

I love my sienna SE! I have tons of room and she's a beauty. It's the only minivan that I would choose for reliability and price!

It is not the same car anymore

by Sienna Guy Before from Calgary,AB | September 5, 2013

Hi I used to have a 2009 Sienna, sold it last year and bought a 2011.There are a few problems: After we did Oil change in Canadian Tire( ad dealer could not do it in my time frame), I have seen significant drop in my car power, they say nothing is wrong, but even my wife which she does not know that much about technical and these stuff, has the same feeling. Secondly I am not sure why body parts like fender are built so weak. Last week I was trying to just push fender as it wasn't looking right( it was like it is going to be loosen), after a little push, the whole fender come out and got loosen. I had to open everything and put it back. It look like they have built it like a toy. I also have a BMW and now I see difference even though Toyota one ride my smoother. My newer one also eat much more gas than my 2009 one. I like my 2009 one way more and have missed it

Interior ruins it

by J Zeb from New York NY | December 16, 2012

-3rd row seats rattle when left up - this started after 1000 miles and the dealership says "they don't know anything about this". This is clearly outlined in multiple blogs for the 2011 model and the 2012 model still has the same problem. I have had to fold the seats down to make the car worth driving -console is small, as is the rearview camera size of the screen -Seats are very comfortable -Drives very well, handles like a car

toyota siena

by kevin from gilbert az | December 11, 2012

this car too much gas got only 19.5mpg on free way,,I CALL DEALER to fix the problem but they say not thing wrong ,but the factory say 18mpg in city and 25 mpg hw so this is not wright .beside gas miles every thing are very good

2012 Model - Wait if you are planning to buy this

by Toyota Sienna fan from Appleton, WI | October 15, 2012

I selected the sienna model -2012 . It drove very fine , very comfy , very nice until my first Oil change near 10 k miles. I was also a Toyota fan before. Now after the first Oil change suddenly the engine has to make effort to push the car at low speed an. Also I feel slight steering vibrations when engine is started. It feels now the Van has lost power and turned old while driving at low speed..also makes sound, not driving smooth anymore. Sometimes when gear is changed from parking to drive mode it makes a small sound. Took back to the Toyota dealer. No issues found. Toyota and dealer are on same page...No wonder.. Now IAm stuck. WHen I call customer service, All Toyota has to say SORRY ??? Hold on the new Sienna lovers...Think twice before you invest your hard earned money !! Not the same sienna anymore....

only AWD in this segment

by Man with van from Long Island , NY | October 5, 2012

We bought our Van in 2010 as a New 2011 SE AWD model. We previously had a Town and Country loaded with every power option and leather, but not AWD. Our Town and Country was starting to act up at 60k miles and the warranty was up so it was sold for a small commuter car. Our other vehicle was a Nissan Xterra, and it was soon discovered that it was too small for two car seats. We decided to replace the Xterra with a new minivan. We chose to go with the Toyota because it was the only minivan offering AWD, since Chrysler dropped the option. To keep the cost of the van with in reason we didn't get the xle. Looking back I would have paid the extra money and bought the leather and power rear gate. The interior is light in color but it cleans very easily, and has been wearing well. We have two kids, but often have three or four kids, and carseats, in the vehicle. Our van has the v6 and awd and it is very powerful and comfortable to travel in. We take a few 1000 mile plus trips every year in all different types of weather including icy and snowy conditions and this van has handled every condition with confidence. We have owned the van now for two and a half years and plan on owning it for many more to come.

Reliable and Comfortable

by Fatman from Utah | September 1, 2012

The good: This is a very nice vehicle. It has been reliable thus far (I have only owned it for 2 months). It is a pleasure to drive most of the time. Nice and quiet compared to our old Chevy Venture. Actually this thing is quite wonderful compared to the Chevy in most instances. The seats are comfortable and quite adjustable. The engine has plenty of power. It gets good fuel economy for an AWD van. It drives nicely and corners pretty well. The suspension is not mushy like our old van. It's a good reliable grocery getter and kid hauler. The bad: Vehicle price is a bit high. The interior design could be better. I absolutely hate all the chrome trim on the dash, cluster and center console. Sure it looks pretty, but it acts as a mirror to reflect the sun right into my eyes and blinds me. Another thing I really don't like is the radio controls layout. The passenger side radio knob is not placed close to the driver at all. Yes there are controls on the steering wheel for basic stuff, but sometimes you need to use the other controls. Makes it difficult to stay in my own lane when I am reaching to the other side of the car to twist a knob that should have been placed within easy reach. The engine is powerful and I can pass cars with ease but the throttle response due to "drive by wire" is sluggish. So if you ever need to get out of the way quickly, you may need more warning than you get. Same with the transmission programming. It was rudimentary at best when we first got the car, but it seems to be getting better at judging what I want it to do. The Chevy had much better throttle response and transmission programming but a lot less power. This car constantly shifts back and forth when climbing long hills instead of holding the lower gear. It sometimes can't decide which gear I want when downshifting for acceleration. The "manual shift" position on the shifter doesn't work like I think it should. It will not hold the gear you put it in unless you keep the engine in a certain rpm range and are driving rather leisurely. It's more like the "sport" or "tow/haul" setting on some other vehicles. I also figured out early on that it has no transmission dipstick to check the oil. It also has no spare tire! Toyota's excuse is that it has "run flat" tires. They are ridiculously expensive to replace and wear out quickly. Give me a spare and regular radial tires! The fuel tank is too small. I find myself filling up a lot more often than we did with the Chevy. Not to say that it doesn't get good fuel economy, it does. But come on Toyota!

Lovin' my Van

by Kay from Saint Albans, WV | August 31, 2012

I've owned several vans, including new full size custom vans, all of which were nice. This van is at the top of the list, comfortable, handles like a dream, has all the room we need. The salesman was courteous, listened to my concerns and needs and helped me make a decision on the vehicle that is right for me and my family. Love Lexus, Toyota in Saint Albans, WV, great experience from the time I walked onto the lot.