We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2012 Toyota Sienna

2012 Toyota Sienna
Available in 12 styles:  2012 Toyota Sienna 4dr FWD Passenger Van shown

Overall

This is a Super Vehicle Ride and Quality

by PaulT from Roseville CA | June 3, 2016

I bought my 2012 Sienna XLE new. I've owned it since 8/2012 to present. I have driven it about 31,000 miles in that time. I pull my 16 foot Lund boat with no problems with it. My Sienna can carry 8 passengers. Gas mileage 18 city and 24 highway that is really what I get. It has all the bells and whistles and a super easy Nav system that is a must to have. Tires were Firestone and I'll get about 35,000 miles on the set. Zero mechanical problems I follow the mfg. maint. schedule oil and filter change around $75 - $100 in CA. 30,000 ran about $300. Love the car and it is great for a young family with children. Hope this helps.

Not a Toyota my father owned

by Father of two from New Jersey | May 17, 2016

2012 Sienna XLE AWD The wheels started to make "funny noise" at 11k. Dealer made me suffer for additional 20k initially saying that it was a wind noise. It was a bad wheel bearing and they replaced at 31k. Water pump also had to be replaced at 31k. Now at 37k, the funny noise came back (different wheel). Other than that... engine runs great and transmission shifts nicely. Here are few things that annoys me but I decided to just deal... If you hit a bump, there is a clicking noise coming from the third row. Very loud cabin noise. Not sure if it is the run flat tires or bad insulation. We drive conservatively, mixed 50/50 local and highway. I never gotten more than 19mpg. We avg between 16-18 Camry was a family car growing up. My father had great experience with it during 15 years of ownership. Wish I had the same type of experience as I will trade it in before the warranty expires.

lexus of minivans

by familydad from Tampa, Fl | February 12, 2015

This is the best minivan I've owned. I've been driving it for 2 years now and happy with the vehicle. The ride is smooth and the engine is capable. Add great reliability and lots of room inside (7 or 8 seating plus a good space for your bags or grocery, or camping gear). The Sienna also has a very good fuel economy. I've owned the 2005 Odyssey, which has very loud road noise, so it sounded a bit like a grinder. The Sienna, on the other hand, has a very plush ride, much quieter ride and overall better driving experience than the Odyssey.

Great looking, great MPG

by cdpmtoy from Nashville TN | May 11, 2014

The 2012 Sienna gets great MPG i got 26.4 below 70 MPH. The V6 is the way to go. It handles very well. It has a lot of torque steer when accelerating. It can hold all the 4X8 sheets of whatever you want and keeps it dry. I miss my Tundra but this is a great compromise.I have three kids and it holds all the stuff you want. Easy access always. Great van!.

Second Sienna and cost cutting is getting obvious

by Family Guy from NY State | March 5, 2014

I had a 2008 Sienna for 4 years and decided to move up to a 2012 SE model. The 2012 has been great but quality is definitely starting to slip. The interior plastics mark and scratch easily and squeaking from the rear seats when unoccupied is getting annoying. Today, at 25,000 miles my dealer tells me both front shocks are finished and need to be replaced (under warranty luckily). I live in suburbia, how this happens is beyond me. The switches for the sunroof and passenger window stick and need a couple tries to get them to work. For a 2 year old car worth over $30,000 I expected alot more. The kicker is my base model VW Golf has standard heated seats, not even an option with this van. In Canada, it makes a difference. My advice, check out a Honda Odyssey before the Sienna. I wish I did.

Love my swagger wagon

by Swaggermommy from WI | November 14, 2013

I love my sienna SE! I have tons of room and she's a beauty. It's the only minivan that I would choose for reliability and price!

It is not the same car anymore

by Sienna Guy Before from Calgary,AB | September 5, 2013

Hi I used to have a 2009 Sienna, sold it last year and bought a 2011.There are a few problems: After we did Oil change in Canadian Tire( ad dealer could not do it in my time frame), I have seen significant drop in my car power, they say nothing is wrong, but even my wife which she does not know that much about technical and these stuff, has the same feeling. Secondly I am not sure why body parts like fender are built so weak. Last week I was trying to just push fender as it wasn't looking right( it was like it is going to be loosen), after a little push, the whole fender come out and got loosen. I had to open everything and put it back. It look like they have built it like a toy. I also have a BMW and now I see difference even though Toyota one ride my smoother. My newer one also eat much more gas than my 2009 one. I like my 2009 one way more and have missed it

Interior ruins it

by J Zeb from New York NY | December 16, 2012

-3rd row seats rattle when left up - this started after 1000 miles and the dealership says "they don't know anything about this". This is clearly outlined in multiple blogs for the 2011 model and the 2012 model still has the same problem. I have had to fold the seats down to make the car worth driving -console is small, as is the rearview camera size of the screen -Seats are very comfortable -Drives very well, handles like a car

toyota siena

by kevin from gilbert az | December 11, 2012

this car too much gas got only 19.5mpg on free way,,I CALL DEALER to fix the problem but they say not thing wrong ,but the factory say 18mpg in city and 25 mpg hw so this is not wright .beside gas miles every thing are very good

2012 Model - Wait if you are planning to buy this

by Toyota Sienna fan from Appleton, WI | October 15, 2012

I selected the sienna model -2012 . It drove very fine , very comfy , very nice until my first Oil change near 10 k miles. I was also a Toyota fan before. Now after the first Oil change suddenly the engine has to make effort to push the car at low speed an. Also I feel slight steering vibrations when engine is started. It feels now the Van has lost power and turned old while driving at low speed..also makes sound, not driving smooth anymore. Sometimes when gear is changed from parking to drive mode it makes a small sound. Took back to the Toyota dealer. No issues found. Toyota and dealer are on same page...No wonder.. Now IAm stuck. WHen I call customer service, All Toyota has to say SORRY ??? Hold on the new Sienna lovers...Think twice before you invest your hard earned money !! Not the same sienna anymore....