1997 Toyota Tacoma

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Very Happy!

by JLarrry from Augusta, GA | December 3, 2012

I bought my 1997 base model regular cab with crashed truck bed, dented front and back bumpers with a filthy interior from my neighbor back in April 2012. I paid $1100 for it and it only had 102K miles on it. I took the seat out and hosed it down and steam clean it, did the same with carpet, and washed the rest of the interior. It looks fine. Heat and A/C work splendidly. My chief complaint, the cigarette lighter thingy wont charge my cell phone. I found another truck bed, same color, and a rear bumper for $300. I put new tires, $300, all the way around, and spent less than $100 for new distributer, plugs, wires, oil, and filter. It runs like a sewing machine 100% of the time. So now I've got $1,800 invested in a truck that should run and work flawlessly for the another 15 years. I think I did OK. Oh, and I am getting ready to ditch my 3 year old VW Jetta, as it just sits in the driveway now.

I am sorry...

by Kink from | March 26, 2012

I am sorry to say I am looking at this site because my 1997 Tacoma MIGHT be ready to go to pasture. It only gave me 15 years of service. The transmission sysc wore out a few years ago, but I had the transmission rebuilt. The clutch was fine. Now cylinder three is not firing well, and I will have to spend more money searching for the cause. All this trouble and I only got 316,000 miles. My mechanic seems to think there is still hope. I really wanted to pass it on to my teenagers and teach them to drive a stick. I am sad.

good vehicle

by golfpro from AL | December 9, 2010

this car has alot of scratches and has been used for the real reason of a truck. know this before you drive to see this vehicle.

Uses car for Off-roading

best value for money

by javidrifter from Miami,FL | November 19, 2010

I have owned several tacomas my 97 was one of of my favorites. There are fer if any other vehicles with such grate value for the price.

Great truck!

by Gustomo from Springfield MO. | March 9, 2009

I've own Toyoytas for over 30 yrs. Have had my little truck for ten yrs now. Never had a problem. Just hit 100,000 miles. I was considering buying a newer truck, but decided to keep this one. Still looks great and runs as good as the day I bought it.

BEST IN SMALL TRUCKS!!!

by Best truck I ever own! from Duluth, MN | September 26, 2008

I have lots of miles on mine since i bought it used, which was 120,000 miles, but now it has around 250,000 miles. This baby drove me from MN to Cali and back! Not one single drop of oil, or leaking transmission! The Japanese do know how to make a car last...unlike the American cars/trucks. Over all, I believe that toyota tacoma's are the best small/mid-size trucks. If you are looking for style, comfort, smooth ride, pick up and go, long lasting or if you just want a truck to get from point A to point B even though it has high miles, TOYOTA TACOMA is the best deal you would find!

Old Timer Tacoma

by Gray Ghost from Central PA | September 29, 2007

Lots of miles (204,500) and many, many bumps and bruises on this V6 extra-cab 4X4 during the last 11 years. However, what counts is the legendary reliability, this truck is like the energizer bunny, just keeps going and going and going. Buy one and you'll understand why they hold their value and cost more used than the competition..... the truck is definitely worth the the extra cost.

Best in it's Class!!!!

by MN TACOMA from Forest Lake, MN | August 19, 2007

LOVE THIS truck! Durable, strong, won't break down like a ford ranger, chevy S10 or Dodge Dakota. Have about 300K + on my truck and still running strong, unlike my old Ford Ranger.... This truck has it all... Great on gas, has great get up and go, dependable, long life...I mean come on "IT'S A TOYOTA!

Featured Services for this Toyota Tacoma