2003 Toyota Tacoma

2003 Toyota Tacoma

Available in 12 styles:  2003 Toyota Tacoma 4x2 Regular Cab 103.3" WB shown

Overall

Best truck I ever owned!!

by speedracerm3 from Blandon, PA | October 30, 2013

2003 Tacoma DoubleCab 4x4 TRD/SR5 package (3.4L V6). This truck has been worth every penny since I bought used in 2007. I've put over 105K on it since then and have only done routine maintenance like oil changes, brake pads, tires and replaced the muffler since then. Frame had the usual rust issues but had it uncoated again per the Toyota recall and no issues with that as others have. Its been great in the snow or off-road and has never let me sit. Hasn't even needed a tune-up since I bought it. If you want a good looking truck that will last forever then buy a Tacoma. I laugh when I read a review earlier saying the guy hated this truck and was buying a Chevy next...really???

Tacomca Frames

by Disappointed in Toyota Support from Hampton NH | October 12, 2013

We asked for help and received nothing. We have in the past, but it's difficult to swallow this one. The frame has rotted once again on our 2nd Tacoma. Toyota said, sorry, warranty and recall has expired. We lost 8700.00. No options offered at all. Bummer

2003 Tacoma has served me very well!

by morailj from Rochseter, WA | September 17, 2013

I bought a 4 cylinder manual transmission power-nothing SR5 package Tacoma in 2003. It has A/C and a CD player, chrome bumpers.. and I had a trailer hitch added after-market (not that I can tow much, but I only really want to tow a teardrop trailer or a utility trailer...) Depending on how aggressive I drive, I get between 20 to 24 miles per gallon. I absolutely love this truck, and while I am tempted to upgrade, I have not yet found a compelling reason to do so. I'm probably going to keep this truck and get a sportier vehicle - but it is hard to beat the economy of no truck payments and 20+ MPG... I would definitely buy another Tacoma.

Best truck for teens!!!

by Doctor Richard from Dallas, Tx | June 16, 2013

This is the best car for teens. I'm a doctor in the ER and see many car accidents but one from the toyota Tacoma is rear. The 03 model is standard with side seat and front airbags. This is a great vehicle for new drivers.

Best Truck I Want It!

by Best Truck from Arlington VA | October 23, 2011

Whats your number so i call you about this car. I'm sure i want this car. This car is good for me and i hope i get it.

A practical look

by John from West TN | May 7, 2011

Stats: -03 Tacoma SR5/TRD V6 (3.4L) 4x4 Xtracab -"Real world" MPG 19-20 (around 315 miles/tank) (I drive back roads to work 40 mi round trip) -Drove very well in the rain and snow (I'm originally from MI so I know bad snow conditions) -NO unpleasant noises (squeaks/rattles/etc.) -Very comfortable to drive (to me: 5'8" 155 lbs.) -Only maintenance 69k-85k: oil changes -Would carry cu. yard of mulch w/o a problem -Wrecked at 85k, rolled 3 times and walked away without a scratch. I bought the truck April 2009, in May 2011 I was broad-sided by a drunk driver, rolled 3 times and walked away without a scratch. I absolutely loved my Tacoma and am trying to find another one just like it. I would highly recommend this vehicle. My only complaint is price, but I suppose you get what you pay for.

03 Toyota Tacoma

by Firefighter Tom from Springfield, IL | April 18, 2011

First of all let me say that before this truck, my last one was a rusted out 1991 Mazda B-2200 with a manual transmission. Anything would have been a huge improvement. It held up pretty well except for the rust. The Toyota Tacoma is a 2003, 2 WD, SR-5, TRD, double cab short bed, with about every option. Exterior wise the truck looks very sharp, it’s all jacked up and looks like a 4 WD even though it's 2. There are 3 exterior options I would suggest, S.S. running boards, to help short people/kids get in. In the channel, window rain guards, Rain comes in from the roof if the window is cracked open a little. The third is a bug shield for the front hood just because the truck looks naked without one. Interior wise, everything is well organized, with the exception of the clock placement, the steering wheel blocks your view. The driver’s seatbelt spring is sort of wimpy; you have to almost feed the belt in to get it to retract. Seats are a little stiff on your back and bottom but I'm OK with it. My only real complaint is dealer parts, and repair prices. I would definitely find a mechanic who works on Toyotas and stay far away from the dealer. I think I would buy one again. Overall, I’m very satisfied.

Good value with all the little pieces I need

by Toyotaholic from pittsburgh,pa | March 28, 2011

I needed a Truck(read not R.......e) to tow 5000lbs. I needed more interior space.( I purchased a double cab). I needed a bed with space for tools(with cap). I needed 4wheel drive. I need decent highway mileage (eh +/- 20mpg). I need to not have to pay big bucks for repairs. Tons of these out there with 150-200 thousand miles.(mine has 70K miles) OK- so it has a brand new frame (Toyota 15 year guarantee). The 2005 up design is too big for my needs( I don't believe the advertised mileage) I'm adding an after market back-up camera. I believe me and my Tacoma will be very happy together. Oh, TFS financed it for me.

best truck on the road

by Taco lover from | March 22, 2011

This truck combines looks, speed & reliability. Worth every penny. The only fault is that the door pockets are not easily accessed. The interior actually feels smaller than my '93. If you want a good looking truck that will last forever, look for one of these.

Never ever quits

by tacoma fan from California | February 27, 2011

Bought a 2003 extended cab automatic 2.4liter tacoma in 03. Now has over 400,000 miles and didn't require its first major repair till it hit 400k (broke a ball joint). Original engine and transmission and was not taken care of very well. Changed oil every 10-20k miles. Beat the heck out of this truck driving in the mountains seven days a week (snow in the winter) and it starts like new every day. a little under powered with the 2.4 engine but the 3.4 picks up well enough when i tested it. Consistintely get more than 20 mpg. Will buy Tacomas for the rest of my life.