2004 Toyota Tacoma

Available in 12 styles:  2004 Toyota Tacoma 4x2 Regular Cab 103.3" WB shown

Overall

Piece of rusted junk

by Turbo B from mi | October 5, 2013

Sales person Kim said it was a clean vehicle. Frame was rusted through smelled like a astray drove over an hour to inspect and was very disappointed.

Punches above it's weight class

by disalusioned putz from deserts southwest | June 21, 2013

I own an 04 trd 4x4 doublecab Tacoma. While being a compact pickup, the four door cab style works well for general use and keeping luggage out of the bed on longer trips. I like to get out and explore so the combination of the excellent ground clearance, good low range gearing, E-locker rear differential really comes in handy making this truck more of a mountain goat than a poser mobile. The 3.4 V6 is not as powerful as the newer 4.0's but also not lacking for slow speed torque when offroad climbing hills. With the stock 4.10 gearing and 33" tires it still has decent passing power on the highway. This truck defines simple, reliable, and capable rolled into a compact but usable and value packed vehicle. A couple negatives are the seats are a little low to the floor and not the most comfortable seats in general. Also fuel mileage isn't stellar. I average about 15-16 mpgs whether or not I'm in town or on the highway. No trucks perfect I suppose but this one checks more of the boxes than any I can think of.

Uses car for Off-roading

Surprising little truck...

by grumpiegram from 13021 | May 7, 2012

Great gas mileage; impressive response for a small engine; my biggest/only complaint is "creature comfort"....I'm very long-legged and this little truck is just not comfortable....my only complaint. It's a 2WD (I've always driver 4WD's) but with a little weight, studded snows, and a some common sense, it's very good waddling through deep snow/ice.

Best Truck Ever

by adkbear55 from Hudson Falls, NY | February 27, 2012

I purchased mycertified pre-owned 2004 Tacoma Club Cab in 2008 from a very good local Toyota Dealer. It is the best truck I've ever owned. I have about 105,000 on it and have not put one penny into the truck except gas and oil changes. I've decided to keep it a bit longer. And, when I decide to sell it I'm sure I will end up with another Tacoma. For my hard earned money,the Tacoma is the best truck on the highway today.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

good truck but powerless with the at

by ss43 from Coon Valley, WI | January 17, 2012

Has less than the desired power when you get the 4 cyl with the auto trans. Had ba 1997 4cyl with a 5 spd manual and loved it. 2004 reminds me of a WWII caricture of the Japanese soldier when you look at the grill. But they are very dependable

Just what I needed!!

by WHTMTS, NH from WHTMTS, NH | January 16, 2012

Had a 2000 Toyota Tacoma. Had the frame inspected. It failed!! Toyota contacted me with in days sent me a more that fair settlement. I started to look for another Tacoma after the customer service I just experienced. Found a 2004 4x4 Tacoma locally. Very Happy ;o)

04 PreRunner

by TwoTacomaOwner from Long Beach, CA | July 24, 2011

I bought mine brand new. Single cab prerunner and I love it. Since I live in the city where potholes are everywhere and parking is hard to find, this truck is perfect. Easy to // park, and the off-road suspension makes driving pleasant. I drive down to Mexico once a month, and it drives nice on the dirt roads as well. Toyota got it right with this truck. The 2.7 4 cyl is more than enough to haul you around town or pull a long trip, as it cruises quite nicely, and It's very quiet. The bench seat isn't the most comfortable after a few hours on the road, oh well. Its such a good truck, I bought my dad a used 2003 SR5 single cab prerunner!

Work and family

by joe from Potomac Falls | June 14, 2011

Perfect combo of work and family use. Who needs a 4x4 when 2x4 works as well and saves you money. Seriously, how many times in a year do you need 4x4 here in Northern VA?

2004 Tacoma Review

by Tacoma Owner from Pensylvania | February 25, 2011

Cars was easy to use. It pointed me to the truck I wanted and to the dealer that had it. If I try to get a new or used vehicle again, I will will use Cars.com again.

reliable with potential

by carohcrap from | January 11, 2011

Good car. It's kinda small for tall people. I get an average of 18 mpg with the v6 manual 4x4. Reliable with plenty of after market and replacement parts.

Featured Services for this Toyota Tacoma