2006 Toyota Tacoma

Available in 13 styles:  2006 Toyota Tacoma 4x2 Regular Cab 109.4" WB shown

Overall

Nothing but the best!

by Toyota Man from Huntsville, AL | June 18, 2015

I bought my 9th toyota, a 2006 Tacoma, 2.7L Cyl. in Nov 2005. I now have 200,000 miles on it, The only thing I have had to replace on this truck are batteries and Tires besides the valve cover gasket that I just replaced because the place where I get my oil changed said he's starting to see oil around the back of the valve cover. Anyhow, when the mechanic removed the valve cover he could not believe the truck has 200K miles on it. there was NO sludge or gummed up oil anywhere, and the timing chain still looks brand new. He said I'd probably get an easy 200K more miles out of it. I know Toyota is having problems with the newer vehicles (because they're being made in America now) but you can't go wrong with the Toyota's made before 2008. I have used this (4 cylinder) to tow cars up mountains and pulled boats and trailers with it so you can't say it's been babied for 9 years, It's been through some tough tests.

My dream truck

by Tonicio from Henderson, NV. | April 5, 2015

I bought my Tacoma brand new. I've been everywhere with this truck. After 133,000 miles, I would say it's the best vehicle I have ever owned so far. One advice, if you like 4 wheeling, please get the Off Road version. The lock differential is really useful, specially if you get stuck in sand or gravel. It's been almost 10 years, since I bought it. The 2016 model looks great, especially for the fuel economy. I might have to trade it in, but I'm not sure yet.

Best Small Truck I have ever purchased

by Tom from Rouses Point NY | September 12, 2014

In my 40 something years, I have never been so impressed about a small truck. I purchased a 2006 Tacoma 2wd PreRunner with access cab and long box. It rides better than any small car I have every driven. It has 75000 miles on it, but you would never know it in any way. I am fortunate that the previous two owners took well care of this truck. That is evident in all aspects of the truck. Price has always kept me from trying a Toyota Truck. I got a good price, and said......gotta try it. I am truly amazed almost every week about how pleased I am with my purchase.

An Excellent Truck

by Big Mator from Portsmouth, VA | March 4, 2014

I purchased my 06 Tacoma, 4WD. 6SP, SR5, Sport package, with 10800 from a well known big box company. The vehicle looks like new on the in and outside. It drives like a new truck. This is my third Toyota truck, ( I have averaged over 10 years each on the previous two trucks). I am impressed already with the features and the truck's performance. Three days into the purchase, its snows big, on my previous 4WD truck, you had to click the selector on the front axle, then do the shift selection, on this baby, just turn the on dash selector switch and, BOOM! you in four wheel drive! Took to the snow, like a polar bear. It has all the features that I wanted, looks and drives like a new truck. You cannot go wrong with a Toyota Tacoma. Highly Recommended.

Money Pit!

by JD from Lancaster, CA | January 29, 2014

The first (brand new) Tacoma 4x4 I bought needed to be turned in and replaced with another due to the a bent frame from the factory. My current truck has been nothing but a money pit, with Toyota looking the other way when I requested warranty repairs. Rebuilt the transmission twice (cracked gears), with 3 clutch repairs needed (all before 100,000 miles). Driveshaft carrier bearing failed after dealer did rear spring TBS (set the pinion angle wrong), rebuilt front differential twice, due to bearing failure. replaced catalytic converter at 70K miles. Replaced front wheel bearings and rear axle shaft due to failure. Every problem happened before 100K miles, with the tranny, clutch and front diff before the warranty was out, but Toyota would not cover the repairs. The cost of all the repairs could have allowed me to buy another vehicle.

Most reliable car I've owned

by TTacoma1 from Madera, CA | November 9, 2013

Just purchased a 2006 Toyota Tacoma v6 extended Cab from Sammy and Michael from Front Line Cars in Madera, CA. I have to say that I'm very satisfied with this truck. It has everything I was looking for and drives like its brand new! Very well taken care of. clean outside and inside, no dents, roomy, drives great, the engine looks good, feels great! I'm looking forward to having this truck for a very long time! Its a Toyota! The service was great! Sammy and Mike make you feel welcomed and help you as much as they can.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by bart from louisville ky | October 6, 2013

the truck is nice............. I like the color and is good to work...............................................................................

3 weeks allready issues

by redneck from oceanside ny | March 16, 2013

front seats only adjust to driver seats don't tilt bought with 95000 miles 3 weeks ago starter went engine now shaking still have my 1991 thank god as it still runs great

Though and reliable

by Prerunner from | January 25, 2013

Ive owner this Truck for 7 years now. It has never let me down starts up with no problem and Pulls and launches my 24' sea ray with no problem. Love It. Im sold for life on my Toyota Tacoma

older model better

by mtl from montreal, Can | December 29, 2012

I purchased 4 cyl with 36k km. never had a vehicle that made so much noise. brakes clunk, clutch noisy and wind noise from doors. Truck also has problems with emission system not covered by warranty. exhaust valve over 300 $ and air pump failed after 4 yrs, price 1600 $ from toyota, part not avail from after market. plus all the recalls gas pedal and airbag etc. Toyota has put cheaper parts that just don't last. Get an older model or another make.