2006 Toyota Tacoma

Available in 13 styles:  2006 Toyota Tacoma 4x2 Regular Cab 109.4" WB shown

Overall

Best Small Truck I have ever purchased

by Tom from Rouses Point NY | September 12, 2014

In my 40 something years, I have never been so impressed about a small truck. I purchased a 2006 Tacoma 2wd PreRunner with access cab and long box. It rides better than any small car I have every driven. It has 75000 miles on it, but you would never know it in any way. I am fortunate that the previous two owners took well care of this truck. That is evident in all aspects of the truck. Price has always kept me from trying a Toyota Truck. I got a good price, and said......gotta try it. I am truly amazed almost every week about how pleased I am with my purchase.

An Excellent Truck

by Big Mator from Portsmouth, VA | March 4, 2014

I purchased my 06 Tacoma, 4WD. 6SP, SR5, Sport package, with 10800 from a well known big box company. The vehicle looks like new on the in and outside. It drives like a new truck. This is my third Toyota truck, ( I have averaged over 10 years each on the previous two trucks). I am impressed already with the features and the truck's performance. Three days into the purchase, its snows big, on my previous 4WD truck, you had to click the selector on the front axle, then do the shift selection, on this baby, just turn the on dash selector switch and, BOOM! you in four wheel drive! Took to the snow, like a polar bear. It has all the features that I wanted, looks and drives like a new truck. You cannot go wrong with a Toyota Tacoma. Highly Recommended.

Money Pit!

by JD from Lancaster, CA | January 29, 2014

The first (brand new) Tacoma 4x4 I bought needed to be turned in and replaced with another due to the a bent frame from the factory. My current truck has been nothing but a money pit, with Toyota looking the other way when I requested warranty repairs. Rebuilt the transmission twice (cracked gears), with 3 clutch repairs needed (all before 100,000 miles). Driveshaft carrier bearing failed after dealer did rear spring TBS (set the pinion angle wrong), rebuilt front differential twice, due to bearing failure. replaced catalytic converter at 70K miles. Replaced front wheel bearings and rear axle shaft due to failure. Every problem happened before 100K miles, with the tranny, clutch and front diff before the warranty was out, but Toyota would not cover the repairs. The cost of all the repairs could have allowed me to buy another vehicle.

Most reliable car I've owned

by TTacoma1 from Madera, CA | November 9, 2013

Just purchased a 2006 Toyota Tacoma v6 extended Cab from Sammy and Michael from Front Line Cars in Madera, CA. I have to say that I'm very satisfied with this truck. It has everything I was looking for and drives like its brand new! Very well taken care of. clean outside and inside, no dents, roomy, drives great, the engine looks good, feels great! I'm looking forward to having this truck for a very long time! Its a Toyota! The service was great! Sammy and Mike make you feel welcomed and help you as much as they can.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by bart from louisville ky | October 6, 2013

the truck is nice............. I like the color and is good to work...............................................................................

3 weeks allready issues

by redneck from oceanside ny | March 16, 2013

front seats only adjust to driver seats don't tilt bought with 95000 miles 3 weeks ago starter went engine now shaking still have my 1991 thank god as it still runs great

Though and reliable

by Prerunner from | January 25, 2013

Ive owner this Truck for 7 years now. It has never let me down starts up with no problem and Pulls and launches my 24' sea ray with no problem. Love It. Im sold for life on my Toyota Tacoma

older model better

by mtl from montreal, Can | December 29, 2012

I purchased 4 cyl with 36k km. never had a vehicle that made so much noise. brakes clunk, clutch noisy and wind noise from doors. Truck also has problems with emission system not covered by warranty. exhaust valve over 300 $ and air pump failed after 4 yrs, price 1600 $ from toyota, part not avail from after market. plus all the recalls gas pedal and airbag etc. Toyota has put cheaper parts that just don't last. Get an older model or another make.

Great small truck for the money

by Tiger! from Spencer NY | May 21, 2012

just bought my 2006 toyota Tacoma with 118,00 miles on it and it drives like a new vehicle. It is a four cylnder engine, but has all the power I need for running around the hills around Ithaca. So far so good !!!

Great choice in medium-sized pickup

by Rocco from Central New Jersey | January 2, 2012

Great pick-up truck! Note, this 5-year old pickup was owned by an "urban cowboy" for its style, not used as a work horse for its utility, and so it looks and rides like it was showroom new. Our Toyota Camry ran 279,000 miles before we traded it, without ever needing a major engine or transmission repair. We change the oil every 5,000 miles and expect this truck to do the same.