2009 Toyota Tacoma

Available in 13 styles:  2009 Toyota Tacoma 4x2 Regular Cab 109.4" WB shown

Overall

Don't Buy rust bucket

by sad toyota owner from NW Mich | April 18, 2014

I also own a 2009 Superwhite which sits most of the time in the garage just under 16,000 miles on it. The rust is everywhere and getting worse. This is a greedy approach to manufacturing as my Prius much older has no rust. Don't buy!!!

Sold on TRD

by New Tacoma Fan from Phoenix az | November 22, 2013

I found exactly what I was looking for - 4wd, long bed, four doors, and a Great sound system - in my new 2009 Tacoma. The second day I had it I took it to the desert washes and it never missed a lick! I'd recommend this truck to anyone. It's a little pricier than its competitors but well worth the difference!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Excellent Truck Overall

by RaleighP from Raleigh, NC | November 17, 2013

Here's my observations from owing the double cab, 4x4 model: Performs very well - moderately quick for a V6 engine (impressive passing ability); steers tight, braking is great, good gas mileage, and 4x4 mode is easy to activate. Ride is comfortable (for a 4x4 truck), and the interior has standard amenities (except no locking internal compartments, i.e. glove box, etc...my only complaint). Climate control works very well, heats and cools thoroughly and quickly. Stock radio sounds great. Exterior is very attractive and sporty. I would buy the truck all over again!

own 91 truck still runnin this will last longer

by Toy-yoda from Des Moines, IA | October 10, 2013

Firm believer in Toyotas reliability, glad bought the truck have two other Toyotas that are over 20yrs old and still run great this truck should last longer. If your searching for a truck like the Tacoma you wont go wrong investing in one!

2009 tacoma

by reds from VA | December 11, 2012

Though I have only had this truck for 6 weeks, I really enjoy it. I have driven both to / from work and on one long trip, and for both it is good to drive.

Reliable truck

by jimmiejo from Central Florida | December 30, 2011

I have the double cab, SR5 package. Beautiful, reliable truck. Leg area to high or seat too low, feels like my legs are jacked up and I am 6 ft tall, my wife is 5'7" and she has the same problem. Second complaint is it likes mid grade or premium fuel otherwise it has anti knock on acceleration. So about every other tank put mid grade or premium in and you will be ok. Otherwise great truck, will not buy again because of the leg height problem.

Solid Choice all the way around!

by Taco 4X from Tucson | November 15, 2011

In the past ten years I've owned a Chevy Avalanche, FJ Cruiser, and Jeep Wrangler Unlimited all in 4 wheel drive. My choice this time; Toyota Tacoma, 4x4, short bed TRD Off Road pkg. This Tacoma is by far the best of them all. I realize this is subjective and each of the vehicles has their redeeming qualities but this, in my opinion is the best of the best. Over a 6 month period I'm averaging just over 17 mpg in town and 20 on the highway with regular unleaded. The tranny is super smooth, shifts effortlessly. Steering is solid and quick to respond. The ride is a little stiff for in town driving but the TRD Off Road package isn't made for in town driving so I didn't expect a car like ride. The stereo is the JBL premium with single disc CD, mp3 and sub woofer (you can plug in your iPod). You get great sound from the iPod when plugged in but only good sound from the radio including satellite. The steering wheel has both audio controls as well as phone controls. The blue tooth phone setup is to die for, especially in this level of truck line. A very nice hands free system for a truck! Hunting season is just around the corner so my off roading thus far has been mostly forest service roads. The switch to 4 wheel drive on the fly works quickly and smoothly. Putting the tranny in 4 low worked just as well from a stop. The 4 full size doors beat the heck out of the suicide doors on my FJ and offer just as easy access as the Avalanche did! Very roomy interior; I always have three pre-teens in the back, a load of softball equipment, and my gf riding in the front passenger seat. There is always ample room and no complaints. The bed liner that comes standard on the truck is great for protecting the bed, but everything you put in the bed slides around to the point of irritation. I am investing in some indoor/outdoor carpet to keep the sliding to a minimum. Maneuvering in and out of traffic is a breeze; your view of the road to the rear is very good with the rear view and side mirrors. The standard rear tailgate camera is a real blessing and works fantastic. No more worrying about backing over bikes or little children being out of view while backing. That about sums it up for me, a good solid choice in the mid size compact market.

Perfect except for the single seat up front

by chick from Toms River, NJ | October 6, 2011

First truck I have owned and really like it except for the front seat. Cheap is cheap! Toyota should have never put such an unconfortable seat in such a great little truck. My grandfather had a seat like this in his 1951 Chevy and it too was uncomfortable, just as this one is. Aside from that I can not find fault with it. Wish I had known, I would have went for the bucket seats.

Tacoma

by rixtruck from Parkersburg, WV | September 4, 2011

I was SHOCKED to find it has no intermitent wipers. Too many blind spots and the springs wont stop squeeking despite being serviced 3 times. Toyota isn't what it used to be My job takes me to peoples homes where I have taled to several 2009 & 2010 owner with the same squeeking spring issues. I like driving the tuck, it's reliable, but the squeeking is annoying!

2009 tacoma, 4cyl., access cab, 2wd

by pjl from phila., pa | May 2, 2011

A excellent vehicle when compared to competition. However, if ford would put a small diesel in the ranger along with a locking rear I would go for the ford with the full cab. I would not buy 4wd as I do not go off road. All that is necessary is better traction. The honda ridgeline would also be a good choice with a fuel efficient diesel engine. No interest in hybrid or electric. Too expensive and or poor range. The hybrids cost more up front and are worth less at trade in time due to battery deterioration.

Featured Services for this Toyota Tacoma