2011 Toyota Tacoma

Available in 14 styles:  2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x2 Regular Cab 109.6" WB shown

Overall

Best truck on road

by aolling from Ithaca, NY | May 21, 2014

I've had a 2001 4cyl/5 speed and now a 2011 6 cyl/auto. Love the 6 cyl power. The truck is small truck perfection. No need to drive 1 mile further to look at anything else. I have no complaints, have had zero issues with this truck and would recommend it to anyone looking for a small pickup. 2001 got about 23 mpg. The 2011 6 cyl. gets 18 mpg.

It's a great "little" truck

by Jakobatsy the Pilferer from RIchmond, VA | April 2, 2014

So I purchased the 2011 Tacoma TRD Off Road, Double Cab. It's a bit early but I'd say all around it seems like a great truck. Would I be happier if it had more bells and whistles on it for the money you spend, sure! But really, you're paying for a workhorse truck that's going to get it done for a lot of years. I will say I wish the truck bed was conventional and hence could use normal ladder racks. The beds on these are essentially all plastic. I'm a kayaker, so my touring kayaks need a place to call home and the selection of racks that work on these beds is limited. If I had to do it again, I'd probably buy the long cab, but I got what I thought was a pretty good deal, no need to fuss. All around an 8 out of ten.

Good Truck

by AlP from Deerfield NH | October 25, 2013

Nice functional truck. Wasn't sure I'd care but I love the backup camera with the screen mounted in the mirror. Plenty of power with the 4 cyl and 5 speed, 'Good gas mileage (23 mpg so far) Seats comfortable on a long drive,

So much better than my 99

by VVTi from AL | August 18, 2013

This truck replaced my 99 prerunner 4cyl. Wow what a difference. Much more comfortable and the engine doesn't feel like it's straining all the time even though it's still a 4 cyl. Just an all around improvement.

Excellent experience and Truck

by Tornado man from Bismarck, AR | March 27, 2013

We used Cars.com to search for a truck to replace our 2005 Tacoma Prerunner which was completely destroyed by a tornado. This platform of internet search was fantastic to narrow down our search and find a great deal on the 2011 TRD Quad cab. The new truck is a 2011 with only 12,000 miles. The dealer was within 4 hours of our home and made for a one day trip for purchase and delivery. The truck is exactly what we wanted and we would highly recommend using the cars.com format to anyone. It is a great platform for buying a vehicle.

Great truck.

by Sarge3439 from Loxahatchee< FL | January 16, 2013

Very happy with my Tacoma Crew Cab SR5. I opted for the 4 cylinder to save some gas. What a great truck. It won't win any races, but where can you really speed around anymore? Pulls my 18 foot flats boat just fine. I'm averaging 20 mpg around town. Very well built. Factory stereo is surprisingly good as well.

after 18 months review

by BankRuptInPA from Pennsylvania | July 4, 2012

2011 Tacoma 4x4 DC 6 sp manual, TRD Sport. Pros: easy to drive, easy to park in tight spaces, tight turning radius, good gas mileage of 17 average, great resale value of $26K on trade in. Cons: struggles towing a 3000 lb trailer, feels unstable at high speeds, seats too low and uncomfortable ( I am 5' 11" 170 lbs) manual trans 1st gear not low enough for off road hill climbs (auto trans is better for off road) Note: I went with the manual transmission for better perfomance, better towing power and control and didn't like the way the auto trans would always shift and lock up, I admit the manual was a mistake, should have got the auto.

Great Truck

by Hoser from Altoona PA | June 29, 2012

I love this truck. It is actually a 2009 with 32K on it. The week after I bought it the wife and I took it on a trip of about 8 hours. Drives great, steering more like a sport sedan than a typical truck. Got 22-23 MPG in mixed driving. It just feels like it is higher quality than my old Ram. It feels SOLID! Ive put about 2500 miles on it since I bought it and if your looking for a smaller truck you wont find a better one.

#1 selling mid size truck

by KW from Trophy Club Texas | May 7, 2012

I never have been a small truck fan but my Tacoma is very nice. Coming out of a Ford F250 Diesel took time to get use to the small truck feel and ride. I like the way it sits high and it's not a 4x4. The only dislike is the seats. I wish they were electric and sit up a little higher off the floor.Tall peolple probably wouldn't like the small cab especially on long trips. Gets 20 mph mix hwy and city driving

Best truck for a daily driver !!

by Big Chris from San Jose, CA | April 5, 2012

I have a 2010 Tacoma double cab prerunner. Great truck, it has stood up to every thing I have thrown at it. I average 18-20 mpg combined. I have hauled several trailers and had the bed full to the max and it performs like a champ. I had to get the stereo replaced because it started turning on and off on its own. Also I had to get the passenger side air conditioning blower motor replaced because it started to fail, made a chirping noise that continued to get worse as time went by. That all happened under 36k miles so it was covered 1oo%. That said I think the engine is bullet proof as far as reliability, good power too. I mainly use it to haul my fishing gear around and it has been a great truck!!!!!!!!