2012 Toyota Tacoma

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Awsome Truck for the Family

by TimC from south carolina | April 14, 2014

The absolute best truck for the money. I have owned a 2012 Chevy silverado and a 2013 Ford F150 and the 2012 Tacoma beats them both for reliability, MPG and usefullness. They are comfortable, they have room for the kids. and they can tow a house. Get the V6! you wont be disappointed. The maintenance is minimal so far and not one problem ever in 25k miles. I sold the chevy and lost 25% ...the Tacoma wont lose that much value in 5 years.

Obverall very Good Truck

by Pep from Pittsfield Ma | January 20, 2014

I've owned two Tacoma double cabs (2008, 2012). Solid truck with excellent selection of features. More than enough power with 4.0 V6. Good looking exterior and comfortable interior. The only cons I have are the same for both trucks. Paint scratches extremely easy. My truck color is BLack which may be more susceptible to scratching but it is excessive. While defrost and vent heating is very good the "downward" heat is terrible. That is, there is very little heat/air volume in that direction.

Toyota Tacoma

by Arturo from Naperville, Illinois | October 31, 2013

I have the 4 door long bed with sport package upgrade. Overall it's a very good truck. However, it needs a more powerful motor and much stronger front breaks. If you park the new Tacoma 4 door long bed next to the old Tundra you will see that they are almost identical in size and probably weight but the old Tundra had a V-8 motor in it. This is my second Tacoma in the last ten years. I have responded to Toyota surveys twice regarding the Tacoma and nothing has really changed. Arturo

Very good except for MPG's

by Bill from Puerto Rico | March 3, 2013

I had a 2010 TRD Tacoma (V6) and now I have a 2012 double cab V6 TRD. In both of them I got an excellent service except fot the MPG's. As advertised, it's supposed to give between 17/21 MPG's. But in both, I max out at 9 MPG. I love the Tacoma but I hate the gas milage. A fiend of mine has a 2013 Tundra SR5 and his MPG's is about 16/16.5. That's far best than Tacoma's. I'm getting a Tundra this week!

Overall Performance

by Ex Toyota mgr from Rochester | February 16, 2013

Based on reliability and resale performance ,the Toyota has outperformed its competion every time . For the best in ranking and resale I would always choose the Toyota products'

Great little Truck!

by Rick-in-NY from Albany NY | February 12, 2013

This is my third Toyota pickup in 20 years. The 2012 is the best yet,with a more refined suspension, better quality interior and more power from the 4cyl. The VSC and traction control make this a great truck in the snow ( 2wd base) even on the stock Grandtek tires. My only criticism is while the bench seat has certainly improved it still could use some improvement.

rock solid

by Hunter from mi. | January 13, 2013

Ive had several tacomas.They are very reliable.The ride tends to be a little harsh.If you want a better ride avoid the trd off road.My 2012 is a trd sport and rides better than the off road.The only way to get the better seats is to get a trd,they are better than the standard sr5 seats but are still very firm.I will never understand why would not make a better seat an option on a sr5.as far as mileage goes I average about 18-19 around town and about 21 on the highway.I recently took a trip and drove out a whole tank at about 62-63 miles per hour and got 23mpg,but no way will you get that at 70-75mph.Towing a 3000 lb. boat.is not a problem at all but mileage goes to about 14mpg.All in All they are great trucks but tend to be expensive and ride a little rough.

2012 Tacoma Doublecab TRD Sport PreRunner

by 2012 Tacoma Doublecab TRD Sport PreRunner from TN | January 2, 2013

I sold my 2000 F150 V8 extended cab (13mpg), and I wanted a double cab type truck that would still fit in the garage. I was amazed to learn that the newer Tacoma will tow 6,500 lbs. That is more than enough to tow a bass boat or anything I need to. I have always like the Tacoma styling, so I bought a 2012 Tacoma TRD Sport V6. I couldn't be happier! My wife had problems driving my F150, but she is comfortable with the Tacoma doublecab because it has good visibility and is easy to handle. PROS: I'm getting 21 mpg or more every tank with V6, it can comfortably seat 5 adults, easier to find a parking spot than with a larger truck, Toyota engines are bulletproof, 120v outlet in the bed, storage EVERYWHERE inside and out (including behind back seats and bed side pockets), plenty of power, my package has a GPS and back up camera in dash and voice commands, and Tacoma has legendary offroad capabilities if you're into that. CONS: They can be pretty pricey. You don't have big rig towing capacity, but alot of guys don't ever tow. This will be the killer for some people. If you don't tow big trailers and just need a truck bed, definitely consider the Tacoma.

a little slow

by value buyer from Ohio | December 29, 2012

It's hard to fully evaluate extended performance and reliability after less than a year, but that is primarily why I purchased this vehicle--reputation!!!--I bought a 4 cyl. A and have been a little disappointed after driving it daily in the mileage and power. I have a 4cyl SUV and it's mileage and ZIP is much better than the Tacoma--If I buy another truck I will pay closer attention to performance.

2012 Toyota Tacoma Base

by Rose2343 from Colorado Springs | November 26, 2012

I love this truck! It can do anything! I work at a bowling alley to 2:00 in the morning, and I never have to worry about it not starting up! Buy this truck! I can 100% garuntee you will love it!!