2013 Toyota Tacoma

Starting MSRP

Overall

Decent truck

by toride2323 from Washington | December 21, 2014

I owned a 2013 Tacoma Crew cab 4X4 SR5 short bed. I liked the truck but never loved it. It will last a long time reliably. The resale value is why you should consider buying one. However, I traded it in after 2 years. The feature set within a Toyota is much like any other Toyota; Sparse, expensive and not impressive. The reason I traded this in was simple; for a few more thousand dollars, I purchased a, quite loaded, Ram 1500 Crew Sport. I recommend a second look at American trucks and especially year-end close-outs. Hope this helps.

BETTER OPTIONS OUT THERE

by i Know Trucks from San Diego | October 22, 2014

the MPG on this truck sucks, its the main reason why I wouldn't recommend it to anyone these days, its actual WORSE then the EPA listed, but I do like the style somewhat and how they didn't change too much. I owned one for about 2 years an some change, it didn't do much for me at all besides cost me a lot of money in repairs, gas, ect

2014 Tacoma Sport

by Tech1 from Oceanside | August 1, 2014

I have owned Toyota trucks all my life although reliability has been good, One thing that has not changed which is a total deal breaker is the steering vibrations/ shake issues have never got resolved.I owned a 2000 Tacoma which started this after new set of tires and no matter how many brands of tires I tried and road force balancing issues never got resolved, then I owned a 2012 which did this after 500 miles and dealer could not resolve it so I traded it in for a 2014 which I test drove for 20 miles smooth has silk and figuring it was just a bad apple so I purchased the 2014. I loved the truck until around 300-400 mile mark and it to started having vibration and steering wheel shake, which I'm currently dealing with dealer on and don't expect any miracles. I highly recommend buyers do there homework search internet forums talk to friends that own them if possible and be specific in asking question, it will save yourself time and stress. I do believe this should be a safety issue that involves a recall , Toyota corporation and dealer where I bought these trucks totally deny this has being a problem.

Very Good but not so Good

by Albert from Cerritos, Ca | July 7, 2014

I previously owned a 2003 Tacoma which I am satisfied on the performance but not the comfort and dash board panel. I thought after 10 years they have fix those deficiency but not really. They have very poor dashboard designer. 1. GPS is poorly designed that at daytime you cannot hardly see the map. The color contrast is also very poor. Sometimes it doesn't even give te right direction. This is a waste. 2. In the rear view mirror where the compass and temperature are displayed in the left side should be in the right side of the mirror. It obscure the rear view. 3. The instrument is poorly lighted also, at daytime is hard to see. Even the arrangement of the instrument, the gauges are not placed in the importance you look first. Although with these deficiency, It is a very good truck. The comfort is well improved.

2013 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4 Double Cab

by Truck from wausau,wi | June 30, 2014

This is my first new Vehicle, I purchased 1 year ago have 8500 miles on it, I previously had a Chevy Silverado which I also like but it had so many problems If you buy a Toyota I doubt you will buy anything else, the only downfall is I get about 17MPG which is not great for a small truck but compared to a full size I guess its a little better, It doesn't have alot of bell's and whistle's but its a truck!! I acctually use it as a truck, It can pull a good amount of weight up and down hills just fine, I pulled a 8,000 pound trailer 45 miles up and down hills on a back road with no problem. Its a great truck a little pricey for what you get but I guess if you keep it for 10 years and 200k miles its worth it , I don't keep vehicles that long i will keep this most likely until the toyotacare expires which is 5 years for me or 60k miles but i won't hit 60k miles in 5 years. I love the idea of having warranty. The 4wd is awesome alot better system then the 04 silverado had. but again this is my first new truck and its a great one.

Decent truck, not the best though

by Mitch from SC | January 17, 2014

I have a 2013 regular cab 4x4 5 speed. Ive got about 9100 miles on it and its been ok so far. The thing I like about it is is that it rides pretty good for a truck, has bluetooth audio, gets great gas mileage (about 21 driving easy with the a/c on), pulls a heavy load pretty decent for a 4 banger, and will dern near climb a tree if you wanted it to. The thing I don't like about it the most is the transmission and clutch. I think a Model T has a tighter transmission that this thing. Ive had it in the shop 4 times for a "slow returning" clutch pedal when cold outside. Everything clutch related has been replaced and still no fix. Basically the manual transmissions in these trucks are not junk, but poorly designed. I've had the touchscreen radio replaced once and had to have the tailgate serviced for a sticky latch. The sticky latch and radio are minor things that I understand can go wrong and may need a little tweaking. Its a part of life and things happen. But the clutch issue, well thats just poor design on Toyotas part due to have of it being plastic. Would I buy another Tacoma? Yep...in automatic. As far as being a really tough work horse, its the truck to have. I really LOVE it because it does what I want it to do as long as its warm outside. It may be having problems now, but I can assure you its better than any poorly designed American junk thats WAAAYYY overpriced.

The best

by Just a guy from New Mexico | November 27, 2013

Bought this truck wanting something versatile, reliable, and a daily driver. Chose a TRD Off-road and had the dealer install the TRD supercharger with the TRD exhuast and Baja suspension. This truck is everything I expected and more. We take if off-roading and it does great. Very reliable and decent on gas. Its no Prius but when I baby the truck I average 26 MPG. This truck has made me a Toyota fan for life. We are looking to buy another Toyota for my wife in the next few months. Just because Toyota quality and reliability is second to none. Their customer service is awesome and so are their vehicles.

great company, great product

by deb the nurse from southern ohio | October 21, 2013

We have driven toyotas for more than 25 years. They are reliable and if they ever do need to be repaired, it is far less often than american cars

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

look elsewhere

by no more Toyotas from long island new york | September 27, 2013

I bought this truck to replsce a full size pick up. Everyone told me go with a toyota . I bought it feeling confident I bought a quality vehicle yhat would last s long time. I got a 2012 v6 4.0 dbl cab 4x4. The truvk was comfortable but lacked a little on the performance end. The motor started to knock and ping like crazy after 3500 babied miles. Look online this is a common issue with this motor but not all. A majority of these motors are defective and toyota is not standing behind their product. I traded it in and bought a nissan frontier. It is a give and take but I assure you the nissan powertrain is far superior. Before you buy a tacoma google 4.0 toyota tacoma motor knock....for $33k it should not be knocking and pinging. Toyota is living off a 30 year old reputation....terrible product.

Tacoma-Still a Winner!

by Sixtyteen from Cedar Hill, TX | September 21, 2013

I replaced a 2012 TRD Tacoma 4x4 with this 2013 model. A few refinements, mostly in the transmission software (shifts smoother), interior electronics ( enTune) and brakes (more modulated pedal). Rides quieter, also-Toyota must have added more sound deadening material. Like most years, incremental improvements on a great truck. One gripe - on the TRD pkg, the took the Homelink out of the mirror for some reason. Now I have to go back to using my old push button opener. ;-(