We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2013 Toyota Tacoma

2013 Toyota Tacoma
Available in 14 styles:  2013 Toyota Tacoma 4x2 Access Cab 127.4" WB shown

Overall

2013 Toyota Tacoma 4X4

by PoPo from California | April 20, 2016

I am on my third Tacoma with my current being a 2013. Obviously, I have been happy with the vehicles, however my current has a couple issues. First, the smog pump on these newer models is annoying. Everytime you turn off the ignition, you get this obnoxious grinding noise coming from the engine compartment for approximately 2-3 seconds. I have taken this to my local Toyota dealer and identified the culprit as the smog pump and said it is completely normal for 2013 and newer models. Completely normal? Who designs a vehicle in this manner? Secondly, this truck is noticeably more gutless then my previous 2006 model. I would think that performance would be improved as time goes by, but apparently that isn't the case with the Tacoma. Other then those two issues, I enjoy this vehicle. The overall styling/appearance, comfort and reliability are great!

Great work truck!

by The Maintenance Man from West Virginia | October 26, 2015

I have owned a Subaru Legacy a Nissan Versa and this truck (By far my favorite) I have owned this truck for a little over 2 years and just turned over 24000 miles. And I must say it is a perfect drive to work truck! Usually I have to leave early before any plows are out on the road and with my 2 year old set of snow tires on I have only turned on the 4x4 once. I have the base 2 door model with the 2.7 and on the high way I usually average about 21 or 20 miles per gallon, around town I average 18-19 I have had no issues mechanically however I did notice the OE tires are junk. Wore out by 500 miles of casual driving and I replaced with a set of aftermarket wheels and tires (265-70-17) and still use my steel rims for my snow tires (245-75-16) . Overall it was a perfect truck that I use as a grocery getter!

My first Toyota

by Truck Lover from New Philadelphia, Ohio | October 22, 2015

This is my first Toyota. I bought a 2013 Tacoma and I really like it. I am under 6 foot tall so I fit into it comfortably. My husband is 6'3" and he finds it not easy to get in and out. I got nerf boards on it so the grand kids and mother could get in and out easily. That really helped. I love the Bluetooth in the radio that syncs with my iPhone and the ability to talk on the phone by pushing on a button on the steering wheel, allowing me to talk without holding the phone. I enjoy playing my music on my phone through the audio system as well. It drives very smooth and it is very responsive. I wish the MPG was higher but I would still buy this truck. It is 4x4 and I need that where I live. I had fun putting accessories like the hood guard, window vent shields, tunneau cover, LED (blue) interior lights and fog lights on it. I plan to get a rearview camera for it also. It is already wired for it. My husband thinks I am living in my second childhood. My grand kids think there is more room in the back than what was with my Ford Sport Trac, which I loved also. It is not made for tall people in the back seat. There is a small amount of storage when you lift up the back seats or pull the seats forward. It is a sharp looking truck and I enjoy driving it. It didn't come with all the "bells & whistles" on it but I am putting some of those on myself! I look forward to years of driving my truck. Everyone I have talked to that owns a Toyota Tacoma says that I will love it and so far I do!

2013 Tacoma

by Marc from Houston TX. | July 11, 2015

I purchased this Tacoma after driving a full size Silverado for 3 years and in 50,000 miles of driving having it in the shop 3 times, thankfully under warranty since it was a certified truck. I previously had a Tacoma which was very reliable so I bought a 2013 model. First let me say that for an around town truck this vehicle cant be beat. Decent mileage, not great, and easy to navigate through tight spaces. Reliability is great after 25000 miles. Now the bad. Even though this vehicle is the Limited model, it is lacking in convenience items like mileage computer, instant mileage, remote start, and other handy gadgets that are included on my sons Corolla. Also, anyone over 6 feet tall wont be comfortable in the back seat for long. The worst offender is wind noise. At 85 MPH indicated, (it was a 80 MPH section of road), the front seat windows make a moaning/whistling noise that is very loud and only stopped by cracking the window about an inch. It was so loud that normal conversation was difficult.

2013 Toyota Tacoma 6 cyl with supercharger

by Tacoma enthusiast from Reno, Nevada | January 2, 2015

I bought a 2013 Tacoma, did the "leveling kit"...a 2" lift, essentially, put on 32" tires, alloy wheels and a supercharger..on my extended cab version. Love the truck except I wish the drivers seat had a height adjustment. The supercharger makes a remarkable improvement in how it drives...much more torque and terrific acceleration. Gas mileage may be improved. I get 20-23 mpg no matter what I do on the highway and backroads. Low range crawl speed is good and the locking rear differential helps with traction in tough spots. Great for hauling yard trimmings to the dump or going off road. Short turning radius means it's not hard to get out of tight spots.

Decent truck

by toride2323 from Washington | December 21, 2014

I owned a 2013 Tacoma Crew cab 4X4 SR5 short bed. I liked the truck but never loved it. It will last a long time reliably. The resale value is why you should consider buying one. However, I traded it in after 2 years. The feature set within a Toyota is much like any other Toyota; Sparse, expensive and not impressive. The reason I traded this in was simple; for a few more thousand dollars, I purchased a, quite loaded, Ram 1500 Crew Sport. I recommend a second look at American trucks and especially year-end close-outs. Hope this helps.

BETTER OPTIONS OUT THERE

by i Know Trucks from San Diego | October 22, 2014

the MPG on this truck sucks, its the main reason why I wouldn't recommend it to anyone these days, its actual WORSE then the EPA listed, but I do like the style somewhat and how they didn't change too much. I owned one for about 2 years an some change, it didn't do much for me at all besides cost me a lot of money in repairs, gas, ect

2014 Tacoma Sport

by Tech1 from Oceanside | August 1, 2014

I have owned Toyota trucks all my life although reliability has been good, One thing that has not changed which is a total deal breaker is the steering vibrations/ shake issues have never got resolved.I owned a 2000 Tacoma which started this after new set of tires and no matter how many brands of tires I tried and road force balancing issues never got resolved, then I owned a 2012 which did this after 500 miles and dealer could not resolve it so I traded it in for a 2014 which I test drove for 20 miles smooth has silk and figuring it was just a bad apple so I purchased the 2014. I loved the truck until around 300-400 mile mark and it to started having vibration and steering wheel shake, which I'm currently dealing with dealer on and don't expect any miracles. I highly recommend buyers do there homework search internet forums talk to friends that own them if possible and be specific in asking question, it will save yourself time and stress. I do believe this should be a safety issue that involves a recall , Toyota corporation and dealer where I bought these trucks totally deny this has being a problem.

Very Good but not so Good

by Albert from Cerritos, Ca | July 7, 2014

I previously owned a 2003 Tacoma which I am satisfied on the performance but not the comfort and dash board panel. I thought after 10 years they have fix those deficiency but not really. They have very poor dashboard designer. 1. GPS is poorly designed that at daytime you cannot hardly see the map. The color contrast is also very poor. Sometimes it doesn't even give te right direction. This is a waste. 2. In the rear view mirror where the compass and temperature are displayed in the left side should be in the right side of the mirror. It obscure the rear view. 3. The instrument is poorly lighted also, at daytime is hard to see. Even the arrangement of the instrument, the gauges are not placed in the importance you look first. Although with these deficiency, It is a very good truck. The comfort is well improved.

2013 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4 Double Cab

by Truck from wausau,wi | June 30, 2014

This is my first new Vehicle, I purchased 1 year ago have 8500 miles on it, I previously had a Chevy Silverado which I also like but it had so many problems If you buy a Toyota I doubt you will buy anything else, the only downfall is I get about 17MPG which is not great for a small truck but compared to a full size I guess its a little better, It doesn't have alot of bell's and whistle's but its a truck!! I acctually use it as a truck, It can pull a good amount of weight up and down hills just fine, I pulled a 8,000 pound trailer 45 miles up and down hills on a back road with no problem. Its a great truck a little pricey for what you get but I guess if you keep it for 10 years and 200k miles its worth it , I don't keep vehicles that long i will keep this most likely until the toyotacare expires which is 5 years for me or 60k miles but i won't hit 60k miles in 5 years. I love the idea of having warranty. The 4wd is awesome alot better system then the 04 silverado had. but again this is my first new truck and its a great one.