2002 Toyota Tundra

Available in 8 styles:  2002 Toyota Tundra 2dr 4x2 Regular Cab shown

Overall

Great truck

by willp from Macon,GA | July 14, 2014

Bought my 2002 Tundra new, best vehicle I've ever owned. Truck rides good and also has good power. The only problem I've had with this truck is one of the oxygen sensors went bad while it was under warranty, Toyota extended the warranty on the oxygen sensors. Dealer came and picked up the truck and returned it to me the same day. I've got 146,000 miles on it now and runs great! I like this truck a lot more than the Tacoma that they are making now, mine has more room and the bed is bigger.

360,000!!!!!!!!!!!!

by fhdgdgfu from | January 5, 2013

My Dad bought a brand new 2000 tundra V8 2wd. He drove it as his personal truck for 100,000 or so. And then me and my brother TORE!!!!! it up as a work truck ALL THE WAY TO 360,000 with no problems. At 360,000 all the wheels started falling off though but no engine troubles. The timing belt was never even changed either. I've owned 2 tundras so far with no problems. PEOPLE GET A TUNDRA!!!!!! NOT A F150, CHEVY 1500, OR RAM 1500!!! JUNK JUNK JUNK

RELIABLE

by Michael of Northern California. from Northern California | November 28, 2012

In one word, this truck is reliable. I bought my 2002 new and it now has 107,000 miles. I am planning on giving this to my son in 3 years when he is a senior in high school. I will be buying another Toyota Tundra because it is safer than a Tacoma. The only issue I have is the back bench is not as comfortable as the newer fullsize bench but still ok for most passengers. We plan on holding this truck untill we get 225,000 miles as many 2002 Tundras have gone beyond that.

2002 Tundra 4.7

by Chris from Tulsa, OK | September 11, 2012

I bought this truck because I wanted a Tundra, but didn't want one 10 years old, but I did it. Besides putting some new shocks and brakes on it, it is one of the best used trucks I have ever owned. Back seat is a little small for adults of any size, but I like everything else about it. Plenty of power, smooth, quiet, comfortable and all the options I want. This truck has 214k miles on it when I bought it and I have already put 6k on it and woulnd't hesitate to go anywhere in it. Uses no oil, no leaks, already pulled my camper with it, this is a good truck regardless of mileage.

Where can I get a new one like this?

by Old truck drivin' man from Payson | January 26, 2012

Specifically the tundra sp5 extended cab.The size and capability of this truck is unmatched by today's huge pickups. The pickup holds 4'x8' plywood, or a 500cc ATV. It fits in your garage [211" long]. Last gas mileage 16 MPG in city/suburbia driving, 22MPG in pure interstate cruising on the Lexus V8 engine. Toyota up-sized itself out of this niche in 2006, and become just another fat pickup undistinguished from the American names. 4x4 has given me no problem, but I'm just on forest roads, not ridge line crawling every week. Cargo bed is too small on the midsize midsized trucks of 2012.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Used 2002 SR5 toyota Tundra

by eizcoa from Dorado Puerto Rico | August 24, 2011

Purchased this Tundra used, with 252,000 miles,it is in very good condition, no squeaks nor rattles. I paid $ 11,200.00 and worth every peny paid. I have owned new Dodge, Ford & Chevrolets and none come close to the Tundra.

Reliable and comfortable. A solid workhorse.

by Proshot from | August 8, 2011

We bought this truck to haul loads of rock to build a waterfall and retaining walls. It never disappointed. It had all the power we needed and at 130k miles is still as strong and comfortable as ever. Absolutely no issues. GREAT TRUCK!

Thought Toyota was a good deal.

by madtom from vermont | July 6, 2011

72,000 miles and my truck is junk because the frame rotted out from under it. I will never buy Turdota again.

best truck i have ever owned

by a true tundra lover from wichita,ks | June 7, 2011

I bought my tundra used in 08 with 80,000 miles on it now it has 140,000 and still runs great i would highly recommend the I-force V-8 very strong motor very dependable i've owned alot of fords and dodges but by far this is one of the best vehicles i have ever owned and will probably buy a new tundra in a year or two but im still keeping the one i have now because its such a good truck does great on and off the road two months ago i was pulling out my friends chevys, fords, and dodges from the mud after they got stuck it was amazing i was pulling trucks twice my size but they all had to confess first that my truck was better than theres so if you want a truck that wont let you down go with a tundra it is the best truck i have ever owned in my life!!!!!

Third Toyota I have owned and glad to be back.

by USMCBAMA from MCAS Beaufort, SC | February 8, 2011

I purchased my 2002 Toyota 4WD 4.7 Limited Toyota in October 2010. I am a Marine and I travel about 363 miles home about twice a month. The fuel millage is great. The ride is great. I am also a Hunter and I took it out in the woods this Deer season and it performed just like the old ones. I am well satisfied with my purchase. My next truck will be a New Toyota Tundra. I just hope they come out with a 3/4 Ton.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Featured Services for this Toyota Tundra