2005 Toyota Tundra

Available in 16 styles:  2005 Toyota Tundra 4dr 4x4 Access Cab shown

Overall

4.0L Tundra

by Auto Enthusiast from Sarasota, FL | April 29, 2012

I bought this truck new in late 2004. So far the only thing that's needed repair or replacement are the rear wheel bearings and that ocurred at around 150K miles. I now have almost 160K miles on this vehicle and it still doesn't burn a drop of oil. I've used full synthetic oil since 35K miles and kept on top of maintainence. I'm sure it'll go to 200K but new car fever may prevent ME from seeing that. All in all i'd heve to say it's been a great vehicle.

05 Tundra Limited

by Geo Tundra from PA | April 10, 2012

If Toby Keith were to write a song about this truck it would be "I love this truck" Could use just a little more towing and passing power, rides and handles well, very well equipped. Would like full skid plates. Love the power rear window. Rides well but putting new Bilsteins on it, already retreaded it with Grabber 2's. More aggressive styling would be nice. An all around nice truck.

Great Truck

by Wayne from North South Carolina | November 15, 2011

I have a Toyota T 100. Because of it's reliability I bought the Tundra after reading the Tundra's record. I have had it about 2 months now and it is the best riding truck I ever owned and the v-8 has all the power you would ever need. It has 4 wheel drive and you would never know it from the smooth ride. It is very quite and rides better than most cars. I have the crew cab and it has a short turn radius. I just wish they still made this size Tundra. The gas mileage is good for a truck averaging around 18 miles per gallon all around. Better on the interstate and less around town. But the comfort is worth the extra cost over the smaller trucks. I love all the features on the Limited Edition. I have owned Toyota's for 30 years and not disappointed yet!

Gets the job done

by Old Farmer from Oklahoma, USA | April 7, 2011

Purchased new. Now has 85000 miles. Own 4x4 regular cab with 4.7 V8 engine. Raised registered Angus cattle in western Oklahoma. Not the most comfortable truck, but it has done everything that I ask of it. Only maint./repair has been to change oil and air filter every 10000 miles (use synthetic). Live in country on dirt roads. Pulling trailers, building fences, my truck is regularly used beyond factory specifications. I feel every bump in the pasture and the seats are uncomfortable, but the Tundra never fails. Whether it is minus 13 or 110, the truck just starts and works. Drove Dodges for 30 years, and became a good Mopar mechanic, but not by choice. Toyota allows me to be a rancher, instead of a Mopar mechanic. In my book, Dodges ride better and look better, but Toyota builds a better truck. Wish that Toyota would build a one-ton model, then I could sell my remaining two Dodges.

Top Quality

by Salty Dog from Flagstaff, AZ | December 30, 2010

I have had Chevrolet, Ford and Dodge Trucks. Overall, I feel the Tundra is/was light years ahead of these others I have owned.

Best Truck!!!!

by Toyota Fan from Lake Charles,LA | July 31, 2010

We bought this truck in 2009. From a Toyota Dealership. This truck is a Lucchese Edition and I love it.

A little shaky

by Iamonmyway from Phoenix AZ | April 25, 2010

I own two Tundras a 2000 and 2005. Both have been very difficult to balance wheels and tires. Retaining the Orig wheels and using the higher grade tires didn't help. The 2005 is almost undrivable from 62-72 mph. After more than 10 attempts at balancing by multiple shops (including dealer) I have given up. Paint on the 2005 roof is almost gone, before vehicle is paid for. Brakes seem to be underspec'd, replacing rotors with non-OEM equipment really helped. Quality is way down on the newer truck. On the positive side, the transmissions are great and the truck is fairly quiet except for everything inside the cab rattling around.

Very well made truck

by Bob from Portsmouth, VA | August 23, 2007

This is my second Toyota pickup, the first was a T100 that was wrecked. In between I had an F150 which I sold after 2 years which was about 18 months too long. The Tundra is much more like my old "T", comfortable, reliable and easy to service. Gas mileage has been around 18 on a mix of city and highway driving. Ride is very smooth as is the drive train. No mechanical problems after 2 years or about 21K miles, though I really didn't expect any. There is an outstanding recall for ball joints, but since I have yet to have it in for anything more than an oil change, I haven't gotten around to it yet. Engine access is very good, if you are a shade tree mechanic and want to change your own plugs, they are easy to get at, unlike the ford. Only gripe is with the oil filter, with the splash pan in place, it is impossible to change the filter without spilling oil on it. Having to remove the splash pan in my book is a PIA. Stereo system is mediocre sounding, they could have done much better here. Interior fit and finish is nice, not overdone, but not cheap. Only thing I would have liked them to do is offer a leather wrap on the steering wheel like my old T100, that adds a touch of class. Overall its a keeper.

Safest Truck Around

by R-Dog from Lodi, CA | August 12, 2007

I recently had a nice little collision with another car going 55 mph. The other car was completely stopped and I wasn't. I could not believe the safety of the Tundra. It is amazing to look at the pictures of the damage done to my vehicle and then realize that none of us (my dad, my dog, his dog, myself) were injured in the least by the ordeal. Best purchase I ever made. We may all be dead right now if we had been in a different vehicle. 10 stars for safety!

Toyota Truck Like Old LazyBoy Chair

by Enjoying the Ride from Jacksonville, FL | June 14, 2007

After months of searching for a used domestic supercab, I test drove the Tundra. The lease deal was better than the prices dealers wanted for the domestic, and the vehicle has been trouble-free for 40000 miles. Only a 1980s Mercedes comes close in comfort, reliability, & room. I'll probably never buy another pickup (large or small) because of gas prices, but would prefer this one if I could.

Featured Services for this Toyota Tundra