2008 Toyota Tundra

2008 Toyota Tundra

Available in 44 styles:  2008 Toyota Tundra 2dr 4x2 Regular Cab Long Bed shown

Overall

more money then what its worth

by chip from virginia | March 11, 2014

I see Toyota has gotten as bad as ford and dodge for reliable vehicles its a shame to because I use to recommend them to everyone now I wont recommend them to my worst enemy. the engine is aluminum so when your hose starts to leak and you don't catch it you get to buy a new engine and there water pump goes bad every 70000 miles there is another 1000 dollars if the dealer does the work if you want to replace your belt make a diagram because they don't put one on the truck because it cost to much money to print it on a piece of paper

Great Truck

by Johnny Lunchmeat from Nothern Michigan | July 15, 2013

I used to be a GM man, but as luck would have it I broke down in front of a Toyota dealer. As I waited for some work to be done to get me on the road one of the salesmen "forced" me around the lot spouting this and that about Toyota so I test drove a Tundra. I liked it immediately. One of the mechanics informed that my vehicle would need to stay so they let me take the Tundra I had just drove home till my car was fixed. I tested it out while I had it and it did nothing but impress me. I purchased a brand new one three weeks later. It's been 5 years since then and aside from new brakes at 72000 miles (no trailer brake, pulling 5000 consistently for work) and regular oil changes I have had no mechanical problems whatsoever with my truck. Now I've had two GM's a Sierra 1500 '97 (totaled at 147000 miles) and a 2500 '95 Suburban (died with 258000 miles) and currently still have a Chevy 1500 Suburban (269000). They all held up well, but none performed as well as the Tundra. The parts are very well built ;as far as mechanical goes, the parts are heavy duty. Which would account for the less than stellar mileage, however, pulling a heavy load regularly I am still averaging around 15 mpg. I really love this truck and I'm going to see what I can squeeze out of it.

Beautiful truck mint condition

by Truck fanatic from Paterson NJ | May 14, 2013

This truck rocks handles great nice options Cliff was a great help no bs explained everything to the tee could nt ask for a better experience.Im glad i bought from them very freindly tara also was a great help...

Just bought my Tundra

by LoveMyTundra from Indiana | February 19, 2013

A Tundra has been on my wish list for over two years. This truck is ready to work and is fun to drive as well. I purchased from a private party and am very happy with the deal. I thought I would like the 6 seat version vs. the 5 seat(with front console). I bought the 5 seat and I think I have changed my mind. I like how it's laid out and "reachable" while driving. The Tundra(5.7) has awesome power. Watch out when taking off from a stop and be gentle on the gas pedal or your head will get thrown back. I love the exterior styling. The downside...if there is one is that the mpg is less to be desired but I knew that before I bought it. This is my forth Toyota(prior three were Camry, Avalon, Sienna). I really enjoyed each one of them. Good luck and enjoy your Tundra.

Toyota Tundra Crewmaxx

by socks from Ky | July 24, 2012

Love this truck, The gas mileage is ok, interior is nothing fancy, but tons of room , good ride , good power..good stopping when needed..

Great Overall

by Tundra in MN from St. Paul, MN | May 4, 2012

This is a great truck. Bought it used and got almost $100K on it and still runs like new from the dealer. Maybe in a couple of years will look to upgrade to brand new one with new design from Toyota. Had a '08 GMC Sierra but just too many recalls for that truck. Don't know why but thought that GM was getting better but I guess not. Used for camping and towing my fishing boat around. Has no problem with either jobs. Maybe work on getting a little more gas mileage compared to other trucks with same size motor (5.7 liter) but overall great truck. Will never buy another truck except for Toyota.

Uses car for Towing

Best Tundra Yet......

by 2008 Tundra Owner from Massachusetts | February 27, 2012

This is the second Tundra we have owned. The first being a 2000, the first year they were introduced. Our first Tundra was given to our daughter when it was 9 years old, she used it for two years and traded it in for a 2011 Toyota 4-runner! She loves her new Toyota 4-Runner. Our 2008 Tundra has such a wonderful turning radius for a big truck. We bought the V-8, 5.7 liter, TRD at the end of 2008 and went on a cross country trip from MA to CA. Went up those mountains of Utah and Colorado so easily, with no hesitation. If you are looking for stability, excellent performance, and trade in value in a truck..........buy a Tundra!

Like the looks of the Tundra

by Sodapop from Port Orchard Washington | January 16, 2012

I did a lot of comparisons with the Dodge 1500 and the Toyota Tundra. I really liked the looks of the Dodge, but I like the serviceability and size of the Tundra. I believe I'am getting the best truck for me.

toyota tundra 2008

by touma48 from Cedar Rapids, Iowa | December 5, 2011

This is by far the best truck I've ever owned. Awesome power and excellent handeling. I recieve many compliments.

One MIGHTY truck

by Andlebug from Queen Creek, AZ | August 17, 2011

I owned a 1997 Toyota Tacoma from 2001-2009 and only replaced tires and the battery so I've been lusting after one of these since they came out, knowing that I could most likely run this truck forever. I drive the SR5, 4.7 double cab; beastly, fast, imposing, sexy, classy and smooth all at the same time. If an Abrahms tank and a GTO mated, you'd get a Tundra.