2009 Toyota Tundra

Available in 45 styles:  2009 Toyota Tundra 2dr 4x2 Regular Cab Long Bed shown

Overall

I own

by Kencan from Ga | November 30, 2013

Looks great, rides smooth, endurance poor! Starts making engine noise after 12000 plus miles... Dealership on Thornton rf lithia springs ga stated its common after making the sale.

So Reliable

by Toyota Loyal from Spokane, WA | October 24, 2013

I'll never buy another brand of pickup. My '01 GMC was junk. So many things went bad on that truck as soon as the warranty was up. Local businesses around here won't lease Dodge trucks since they've had so many reliability issues. Reliability was my main focus when buying. My dad still loves his '07 Double Cab Tundra Limited TRD 4x4 and I love my '09 Double Cab Tundra 4x4. We each have 30' travel trailers and these trucks tow like a dream. I would highly recommend buying this American made truck (in San Antonio, TX).

power with reliability

by me from homestead,fl | June 15, 2012

No break downs or shop time with excuses. I had all the other american brands and dissapointed with quality and performance. This truck with the 5.7 litre is the best. Does not have the luxury options as others but is outstanding in performance and reliability.

toyota tundra

by walleyman from Marathon, ontario | November 16, 2010

awsome powerfull and good looking would recomend it to anyone gonna be a toyota fan for life have nothing bad to say about it, only one thing the gas mileage could be better

Uses car for Off-roading

26000 miles and loving it

by bridge man from Cayuga ,indiana | September 10, 2010

this is the badest truck i have ever owned.added dual exhaust and a km breather. really fast truck. de badged it totally. front end soild black with mesh grill no bling except wheels 20 inch double pump gear alloys, i mean every body wants to know if it is a dodge or a ford lol really nice truck

Great

by Jay from fort worth, tx | August 14, 2010

I have read some negative review, so I was a little skeptical about the truck. I went and first tried out a Chevy, Ford and of course last Tundra. Chevy was up there too, but when I tried the Tundra I was blown away. I didn't think I was going to like it. I bought a 09, v8, dblcab, 4x4. The only thing was the radio knobs is a little far to be changing. Might didnt come with running boards, you need them. Gas mileage was a huge deal with me, but all three vehicle do the same mileage per gallon. You cannot go wrong with the vehicle, but of course everyone has a different opinion. It comes down to own point of view.

Worst vehicle in 30 years

by Timmaaaay from Flint, MI | May 30, 2010

I bought this truck in December and unloaded it at a loss 6 months later. I had problems from day 1: paint started peeling (repainted at dealer), engine codes, dash rattle, broken tail gate, trans problems. I had a Toyota in the 80's that was awesome, but this truck was junk. The only reason I think this truck gets high marks is from people that have never owned a good truck before, because this is just a car with a bed (I called it my "Toycamino"). I replaced it with a Chevy, and I now have a truck that I can stand in the bed without denting it.

Best truck on the market!

by Ted from Washington, DC | January 25, 2010

This is a great truck, it leaves nothing to be wanted. Very few downsides- interior rear view mirror is too small for this truck and needs to be replaced, also a back-up camera should be standard but easy to add on later. I plan on keeping this truck until it dies, gas mileage is satisfactory at 15-16 in the city, and I expect great reliability. You will not regret this purchase!

not a very good pickup

by dick from | December 14, 2009

would recommend to my worst enemy traded for a 2010 f150 and totally impressed with the fit and finish of this pickup this is a world class truck

Uses car for Towing

Love my 08 CrewMax Limited

by Furrball from Sicklerville NJ | December 13, 2009

I bought my 08 Crew Max Limited 4x4 back in May of this year. Traded my 06 F150 Supercab 4x4. All i can say is that I love this truck. I pull a 31 forr travel trailer and sometimes forget I am pulling something. I used to pull the same trailer with my F150 and boy did it struggle. I really liked my F150 but I needed something with a bigger cab and bought the Crew Max. ( The inside of this is huge ) My Tundra has the optional TRD Dual exhaust and the TRD Big Brake Kit that has 16" slotted and drilled rotors. Unbelievable stopping power. When I first got it I pulled my trailer without a trailer brake controller and my truck stopped it like nothing was attached. Love It!! i wish the interior was nicer, but it it very comfortable I might add..

Uses car for Towing