2011 Toyota Tundra

2011 Toyota Tundra

Available in 28 styles:  2011 Toyota Tundra 2dr 4x2 Regular Cab Long Bed shown

Overall

A true alternative to the Big 3 trucks.

by JoshD from Cincinnati OH | April 7, 2014

I bought this truck after being let down time and time again by the Big 3's offerings. My trucks are daily driven with occasional towing/hauling and frequent mild off-roading. I bought a Tundra Rock Warrior (basically a TRD model with an appearance package) and have been thoroughly impressed. The design of the truck shows an attention to detail and thoughtfulness that is much appreciated after dealing with inexplicable and/or cheap, half-baked designs from other manufacturers. The 5.7L i-Force V8 is simply superb with power to spare even under heavy load. I love the styling and like that Toyota hasn't tried to mimic the others and try to make a half-ton pickup resemble a semi. The short hoodline and front wheels being so far forward are a real advantage when maneuvering off-road. The cons: The engine is very thirsty. Under normal driving it's not too bad, but if you're heavy footed (as I was when I first got it) you will be hurting at the gas pump. Also, the interior design is a bit dated. There's a redesign for the 2014, but for a fairly new vehicle it has a late-90's feel to it. But, the fit and finish is typical Toyota: very good. Bottom line: This is a truly capable truck that has more power and performance than any other half-ton model, so when looked at it in that regard it is quite a bargain.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Perfect vehicle for travel & Recreation

by Outdoor Trucking from Sulphur, Louisiana | July 30, 2013

The vehicle I had been seeking needed to fit a seniors comfort combination for travel and recreation. Several short ways I can best describe this vehicle are: comfortable, powerful, handles like a car but does the work of a truck. Safety is always important both as passengers, drivers and others who surround us everyday. This vehiclel is equiped with a back up screen, great security built in proper air bags, bracking system and turning radias handling. The vehicle came with a great warranty. We were able to ad extended warranty that secures the out of pocket expenses given further financial security of unexpected high cost of repairs. The experience with the dealership was heart warming.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

best all around truck

by mycooltire from Texas | February 24, 2013

Great truck that can do it all. Pulls everything with ease. 3/4ton frame Iis strong. Keep your foot out of it and the gas mileage is pretty dang good. spacious crew max!!!!! Room for everything. Very happy. Thanks cars.com for all the research information i needed.

nicest looking truck I've owned

by truck enthusiast from Allentown,PA | January 3, 2013

Great looks. Powerful. Lots of get up and go on highway. Power will come in handy for towing. More room in rear seats than our Altima. All and all I expect long life and reliability from this Tundra Double Cab. I have owned a Toyota truck since !988. This is only 3rd one !! They run forever..

So Far So Good.

by Outdoor Enthusiast/dad w/ small kids from Rochester, NY | January 2, 2013

I'm an ourdoor Enthusiast that now has a small family. I went with the Tundra Double cab cause it could fit the car seats. Kids are small so didn't need to get crewmax cab yet. So far I like it. It drives nice has a lot of power (way more than my old f150). I've driven it in snowy/icy roads and it felt very stable even in 2 wheel drive. Seats are not quite as comfortable than my old f150 but could be I'm still getting used to it. We'll see what happens, I went toyota for the reliablility. It will take several years before I have an opinion on that.

not satisfied

by hammer from Rochester, NY | December 16, 2012

I have only had this for a couple of months but am not happy with: miles per tank, about 300; location of cruise control, it should be on the steering wheel not the steering column; the shifter design is big and awkward; while on cruise control the transmission is constantly shifting. I DO really like the Bluetooth system working with my cellphone.

love this truck ...waiting to buy the new model

by jack from ottawa ontario canada | December 2, 2012

excellent truck for the dollar I had a fj cruiser before and i am gald that we buy this truck ...off road capacity is better ther my fj.

pontiac grand prix

by range rover from pittsburgh,pa. | November 8, 2012

my tundra handles excellently. i am a retiree who uses my tundra for an all purpose transportation. i just hope i can afford another tundra if i ever trade my 2011 toyota tundra in.

nice truck

by new owner from SC | October 3, 2012

over all nice truck. Needs more space in back seat area. Center console needs to be redone for more storage

Love my New Tundra!!

by Tundra Dan from Antioch, CA | July 9, 2012

Just purchased a new 2011 Tundra Platinum Crew Max and we totally love the truck! Got it for $36000.00 and has every bell and whistle imaginable on it...Love the electric back window that goes down I have never seen one on any vehicle but the Tundra. Sorry Chevy, Ford, and Dodge I had all of you and your products have way too many defects and you do not stand behind them nor will you correct engineering defects...Just traded in a 2008 Avelanche with only 22000mi, GM had a great vehicle here but refused to correct the obvious and left owners to fend for themselves... The room in the Crew max is incredible and the back seat well you could almost make the seat into a lazyboy!!! I am a Tundra owner for life!! First time ever that I have not owned an American car but then again the Tundra was assembled in Texas and my Dodge and Chevy were made in Mexico so I guess you have to ask what really is American?