2014 Toyota Tundra

2014 Toyota Tundra
Available in 38 styles:  2014 Toyota Tundra 4x2 Regular Cab Long Bed 8' box 145.7" WB shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

Should have bought a RAM

by Raleigh from St George, Utah | October 8, 2014

Bought a 2014 Tundra SR5. Traded in my RAM because I needed a bigger truck. Got a Crewmax. I tow a toyhauler of 7500 lbs. Toyota had to add a leaf spring and put on heavier shocks. DID NOT WORK. I had to put on 10 ply tires. It finally almost stopped bouncing, not quite! No power, gas millage stinks, no auto headlights, it just stinks. If you need a real truck don't buy a Toyota. I would sell this thing tomorrow if I didn't have to take such a loss. I can't tow my trailer over 58 MPH or it starts swaying and bouncing...oh yeah 6 miles per gallon with trailer. It's my fault. My fault I listened to the salesman. I just now want to sell this truck, toyhauler and quads ASAP! I can't go anywhere safely towing this trailer and at 6 MPG...ouch! Went to Vegas and back with trailer fuel cost $160.00 went 250 miles! Thanks Toyota. Oh what a feeling. I call it the weinermobile! My wife drives an Avalon, what a beautiful car but the Tundra is horrible. Looks like a transformer. I am not happy at all. I have displayed my unhappiness to my dealer and they can't help me! Thanks Toyota!

Uses car for Off-roading

Exceptional truck, but could use a few things

by LuvMyWife from Soledad, CA | October 7, 2014

This is my 3rd Tundra. Bought a 2005 Crew Cab SR5, a 2007 Double Cab Limited and now a 2014 Platinum Crew Cab. This is the best of them all. The leather used on the seats, doors and dash are top notch. The Blind Spot Monitor is so useful. Love the large moonroof and rear window that goes down. There are a few things that I would change/fix. When the moonroof is open and the sun is shining directly on the GPS screen, it is very hard to see without having to close the roof. Another feature this truck with all the bells and whistles lacks is an electric antenna. You would think this would be a standard item. Also needs bumper sensors on the front near the license plate. This is helpful when pulling into a parking spot with a wall or car in front. Otherwise, i love this truck.

2014 Tundra vs 2013 Tundra

by sjc1969 from Tarpon Springs, FL | August 23, 2014

So here is a little background. I purchased my first Tundra in June of 2013, it was brand new XSP-X double cab. I love that 2013 truck. I am by no means an expert on what’s available etc. I’m not a person who is watching the ongoing development of trucks at Toyota or any of that. At my last scheduled service, the dealer’s team wanted to talk to me about getting a new 2014 Tundra and at the end of the day I ended up buying a new 2014 XSP-X double cab. It’s a nice truck but I don’t think it’s as nice as my previous truck. It doesn’t have as many places to put things. The door storage is gone as is the upper glove box and center console storage slot. The cup holders are ridiculously small, won’t hold a large fountain drink from anywhere. The dash area on my truck has no lights on the A/C controls so at night I can’t see to easily make changes. The truck may have the same horsepower and torque but I promise you it doesn’t accelerate anywhere near as quickly as my 2013, maybe it’s a gearing thing I don’t know but it kind of sucks. In my 2013 there was a power horizontal rear sliding window, the 2014 doesn’t have this. Toyota this is a double cab truck!!! No average person can open that slider safely from the driver’s seat unless they’re built like an orangutan. It should be the standard offering on your double cab to have a power sliding window. Poor design. It’s my fault I bought this truck because I allowed myself to be rushed and didn’t notice these things right away because I just expected the design and equipment levels wouldn’t be of lesser quality or lower equipment levels for the same truck. If I could go back, I would have kept my 2013, I like it better skipped this truck altogether. There’s no one to blame but myself for this purchase the lack of acceleration (compared to my 2013, it still has decent acceleration compared to other trucks) and the rear window are big deals to me. I’ve looked on line for an aftermarket window that has power open, to no avail so far. If you have a 2013 with the big engine don’t upgrade to the 2014 if you like your acceleration.

Great truck..really great TRUCK!

by BrettLacey from Colorado Springs, Colorado | August 18, 2014

I have always been a Ford guy but the 2014 Tundra CrewMax has won me over. The power is commanding and the comfort of the ride is more truck like than my 2001 F-150 SuperCrew. I like that because the feel is helpful on rough mountain roads. The mechanical steering has a much better feel than electrical, again, especially on mountain roads and four wheeling. Creature comforts awesome but should have automatic headlights and center instrument display more like Ford..show more than one data set per screen...be able to customize and show tranny temp. 4.10 rear end..never change! Cab is so roomy and fold up seats are the best. Love the height and tough look. Need running boards for me to get in but they look great and are very stable. Fuel economy could be improved a lot but don't do it at loss of hp and torque. The noise level is very quiet and the power rear window...brilliant! Rear side windows size is awesome...great views for passengers. Grab handles for passengers are nice too. Never lose rear camera and the soft tailgate is nice. Wife loves the rear stamped "Tundra". Towing is a breeze and thanks to Toyota for making tow and long trips a blast!

The Best Gasoline Powered Truck There Is!

by Tundra#3 from SLC, UT | July 31, 2014

This is my third Tundra since 2007 and with good reason it is the best gas truck out there. PERIOD! It does need the one improvement every truck needs that we all know the manufacturers are capable of...better MPG. Interior is nicer than 2007-2013. I like the new design better all around. Also they all come with stock Navigation on models SR5 and up. Headlights are adjustable. They should drop the red and blue colors and offer Pyrite Mica and Pearl white. I opted for the magnetic gray. No regrets! Great Truck!

ford 150

by bill from annapolis maryland | July 1, 2014

ugly tailgate no auto folding mirrows no turn signal in mirrows 18 inch wheels my 2013 had all this and 20 inch wheels

Best Half Ton Made Today

by Texas Truck Driver from North Texas | June 28, 2014

After owning two "bad" Silverado's from the 90's and three new "lemon" Ford's, 2004 F150, 2006 F250 diesel, and the infamous 2011 F150 EcoBoost - even worse than the costly diesel nightmare; I will never own a Ford or GM product again. I have owned the CrewMax Limited now for 10 months. Finally a reliable and safe truck I can actually use and drive every day without breaking down and spending my entire life in the repair shop trying to get "lemons" fixed. In fact I have not been in the repair shop at all with the new Tundra. It is the only half-ton worth your hard earned money. I love the Tundra and now I can simply enjoy driving again! The build quality on the Tundra is light years ahead of the other three brands; it's not even close.

Awesome Truck

by Chris from Slidell, LA | June 27, 2014

This is my third Tundra. I have tried others vehicles and keep coming back. The new styling is fantastic, coupled with the power and comfort that you expect in a Tundra.

Great truck

by Toyo truck fan from | June 18, 2014

I test drove every truck on the market before deciding on the tundra. It's interior is quite comfortable and doesn't' feel like I'm in a work vehicle. I bought my first one in 2013 and upgraded to a 2014 for the interior options and considerable upgrade to the ride and handling that the new model year offered.

Great Truck

by Toyota Dude from Houston, TX | June 10, 2014

I've been driving my Tundra for 6,000 miles now. The truck is a smooth ride and great to drive. Just enough power on the 4.6L. I really enjoy the extra features I got with the TX Edition.