2009 Toyota Venza

See Photos & Videos

Overall

great vehicle

by toyota fan from Illinois | July 15, 2013

i bought this vehicle brand new in 2009 i now have 107000 miles on it. Alot of people say the 4 cylinder is under power and loud but that is just not the case. that is the engine i have and it will definitely move. i can get a little loud at about 70mph but not much. the 6 speed transmission can be undeceived but most 6 speed automatics are. I only have one complaint about the venza. the clothe seats can get some what hard on long trips. But its not a huge issue. i would recommend this vehicle to everyone.

Great vehicle for doing everything

by I do it all! from St. Paul, MN | August 11, 2012

I have a 2009 Venza V6 AWD with leather, NAV, Pano Moon Roof, Xenon Headlight and every other option. I did not want a typical SUV but wanted AWD and needed something wider than a typical wagon as I have kids in carseats. The Accord Crosstour has less power and got worse mileage. It was not quite a big, either. So, the Venza it was. I had the dealership add the factory trailer hitch as well. It is quick, quiet, smooth, rattle free, full of technology, but also hauls gear, tows like a monster (my 20 foot pontoon at 85mph with AC and cruise on, no problem!) and looks great doing it. I added a Thule bike rack and recently towed the pontoon with 4 bikes on top and full gear in the back and my family of four in 93 degree temps. The big brakes and 6sp auto transmission work great to slow things down and the 270hp is great when towing. I have 0 complaints and only admiration for my Venza. Oh, I had it in the mountains of Colorado, on I-70 over the Vail pass...it is a BEAST in mountain driving - I can pass everything and slow down when needed with the utmost confidence. Now, I'm just beginning to price snow tires and wheels and can't wait to get it in some deep snow. Bring it on with the Venza!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

BEST CROSSOVER ON THE MARKET

by VERSE from JOLIET ILLINOIS | May 7, 2012

MY WIFE AND I JUST PURCHASED OUR 2009 VENZA. WE LOVE THIS CAR. WE TRADED OUR 2004 LEXUS ES330 ON IT. THE VENZA RIDE IS NOT AS SMOOTH AS THE LEXUS BUT IT IS JUST AS QUIET. THE V-6 POWER IS MORE THAN WE EXPECTED,AND THE MILAGE IS 28.7 MPG ON THE HIGHWAY. WE CANNOT COMENT ON THE AWD JUST YET. THE LEATHER INTERIOR IS ATTRACTIVE AND COMFORTABLE.THE NAVIGATION IS VERY EASY TO USE. WE WOULD RECOMEND A VENZA TO ANYONE WANTING A CROSSOVER

'09 Toyota Venza

by Skunked from Spanaway, Wa | April 9, 2012

Ptetty good vehicle. Have the 4 cyl., sometimes wonder if I should have gone with the 6. Mainly while driving on 2 lane highways and you are wanting to pass. Really need to allow a lot of distance when passing - when at 55 to 60. Very nice seating; can drive all day without gettting tired or leg cramps. Will need new tires this Fall and Toyota put 19 inch wheels on a suppsedly economical car. I believe tires will cost $200 each or more. I think the ride could have been improved with smaller diameter tire. Originally got lots of good comments on style but everybody is copying it now. Its made in the USA. My last American branded car was made in Canada (which is no big deal). Gets 24 mpg in rural driving and 28 to 30+ on highway.

WOW

by MR.SALSA from FLORIDA | February 8, 2012

I LOVE MY VENZA THE DRIVE IS EXCELLENT IT IS VERY COMFORTABLE CAR LOTS OF SPACE TOYOTA BUILD A VERY GOOD CAR. YOU HAVE TO TRY IT AND SEE FOR YOURSELF.

Perfect car for going family

by First Time Crossover from Houston, TX | January 24, 2012

Pros: Great gas mileage, nice interior & exterior, perfect height, great options. Cons: little bit bumpy ride, noisy on the highway.

fell in love with venza a yr b4 available

by katinavenza from nashville, tn | December 28, 2011

yes, i fell in love with this car. it is made primarily of plastic which give it the light weight. was in one car wreck with no damage to me. should have gotten leather because the seats are horribly easy to keep stain from simple water!!! i've complained to no avail. Ii also had tech come to check the visibility problem in rear view mirror. There is a very bad blind spot. It could be easily cured with a horizontally longer mirror. i know because my toy has one. it is basically the same environment. i feel the emotional attachement of THE OVERALL DESIGN was what I fell in love with. The roofs, panoramic. Flimsy plastic interior on parts are breaking quickly. Now having it two years, it looks shabbier than necessary. Plus they sold it to me with flimsy floor matts. yes. even my camry had better matts. it isn't right that they scrimp on a 30,000 car. i still love it, flaws and all. it dings waaayyyy too easy btway.

Mostly love my new Venza

by Senjak from Minneapolis, MN | November 15, 2011

I really like my new Venza, I got the model with the big engine, four wheel drive, extended electronics, leather interior, and moon roof. I like everything about the Venza except for the moon roof. With the moon roof, I can't add a rack onto the vehicle. With out a rack I can't haul my recumbent bikes around. I drove both the 2 wheel drive, and the 4 wheel drive. The day I was out driving them, the weather was really bad. Dark at noon bad with visibility under a quarter mile. Perfect weather to test drive nasty conditions in. The 4 wheel drive version handled much better. I also had a chance to drive both the smaller engine and the larger engine for an extended period of time. The smaller engine had issues keeping up to highway speed. issues getting to highway speed, and trouble dealing with rapidly changing traffic conditions. Based upon my experiences, I went with the larger engine and four wheel drive. I'm very happy with the decision. Now if there was only a solution to my inability to put a roof rack on the car.

very happy with the Venza. Comfortable.

by ctexas from Centeral Texas | September 13, 2011

22 months and 23,000 miles. Excellent performance, no problems. great style. Recived many compliments.

Not quite Enough Umph

by Enthusiast/Saleswoman from Richmond, VA | July 25, 2011

Upon first glance, the Venza may resemble something more like a vehicle in which to transport our love ones who have moved on to a better place. However, once you open the doors, you step into a luxurious wagon. Wood grain, Leather, and a cockpit you just sink into. I had the opportunity to take a 2009 Venza Base in Sunset Bronze on a trip from Richmond to Roanoke, a journey of just about 3 hours. Here are my pros and cons: Pros: ~luxury feel ~nice stereo ~plenty of room for just about anything ~shiny- causing passerbys to stare ~smooth ride-felt no bumps Cons: ~I was follwing a V6 Highlander-on sever occasions I found myself falling behind. Simply put, the 4 cylinder engine isn't quite enough for such a large car ~Color- it was different ~Driver's Seat- had this weird hump in the middle that wouldn't go away and therefore led to quite an uncomfortable ride after about an hour All in all, exterior looks aside, the Venza is a great in-between vehicle. I love driving it, but I would shell out that extra couple thousand for a V6 and some leather fully adjustable seats.