2013 Toyota Venza

See Photos & Videos

Overall

2013 V6 Venza

by McG from Finger Lake region, NY | July 24, 2014

I bought XLE V6 Venza in 2013, have now had it for ~17months. Overall dissappointed. Sluggish starts with quite a delay in acceleration from stops (to the point i think 'did it stall?'), then it takes off. Once it goes, it's great! The sunroof is extremely squeeky, even if open, or when closed. Interior design is poor - shifter is right in the way of reaching for other controls, have to take eyes off the road to change climate control. I agree with the other comments posted about low gas milage. I like the Venza, but don't love it. I'm a dedicated Toyota customer (6 vehicles) and typically have my vehicles for many years, but I am already thinking of trading this in and would not buy one again.

Almost Loving It

by Happy Venza Driver from MA | June 4, 2014

This is my first Toyota product. Purchased 2013 Venza LE about a month ago. Overall I love the car. Coming from a Hyundai Santa Fe, I was concerned about the smaller storage space, but I have yet to find an issue with it so far. Going from a 6 cyl. to a 4 cyl. was a bit of an adjustment, but I find that the Venza has more than enough power for every day traveling. I love the roominess of the seats and legroom to spare both front and back (as does my 6"3" son). Fuel economy seems to be pretty good so far - I'm sure it would be better without my lead foot. The only exception to this car is comfort of the drivers seat. I find the seats very stiff and uncomfortable (which is something you can't determine on a short test drive). Steering a little loose but overall a great car to drive.

Venza 2013 Toyota

by Prius on steroid 4 cylinder from Los Angeles, CA | May 1, 2014

We were looking for a little bigger car for the baby and my grand parents to drive. I had a Prius that I love and in no way wanted to change it but I was feeling we need a bigger car and a little more comfortable one for pregnancy and two my father has arthritis that it is hard for him to get in and out of my Prius. In researching deeply I notice how the Venza looked like my Prius interior and exterior. I kept telling my husband it look like my Prius on steroids. I really loved it. I the next step for Toyota is to make their cylinder Venza Toyota into a hybrids that would be fantastic.

GAS GUZZLER VENZA

by Joe929 from St. Leon, IN | March 29, 2014

On March 4, '14 I bought a 2009 Venza V6 AWD for the sole purpose of using it for the many miles I drive for my work and for the support the seat provides for my post-back surgery. I also own an 06 Avalon V6 (same engine and AVERAGES over 25 MPG) so I believe in Toyota products. That is changing though. The Venza is listed as getting 19 city and 26 hwy. I have never seen anything more than 23 on a flat hwy doing 65, and the overall average of this vehicle is a VERY DISAPPOINTING 19 to 20. Based on driving 25,000 miles a year this cars VERY POOR GAS MILEAGE will now cost me approximately $900 more per year to drive it. The dealership, Joseph Toyota in Cincinnati was of no help and several emails back and forth to Toyota has provided nothing more than Form Letter responses to a product that does not live up to its listed gas mileage. Suggestion; reset the Average Miles Per Gallon display and see just how poor this vehicle does with MPG before you sign on the dotted line. I like everything about the Venza except its extreme thirst for gasoline. It is a serious GAS GUZZLER that I would NOT recommend buying. Joe

Just the Ticket

by Low Mileage Driver from | February 23, 2014

I've had the car for 3 1/2weeks so reliability is a bit too new to rate. But, it's performance, design and features have not disapopointed. It's just the ticket for me. Value for the money? Didn't shop around for any other type of SUV and didn't want the high price options (Mercedes, Lexus) as I use the car 4 months out of the year and don't put much mileage on my cars. I do like the gas mileage for the type of car it is - 5 extra gallons per gallon than what we traded in.

goater

by madgoat from Jay Maine | February 15, 2014

I love the comfort of the Venza . Price is a bit steep . Fairly good in the snow . Horse power could be a little stronger and mileage is in the low 20's .

Good Solid Road Car

by Venza 2 Timer from Nashville, TN | February 2, 2014

We recently purchased our 2013 Venza Limited V6 AWD. This our 6th Toyota and our 2nd Venza, the first, a 2011, also a V6 AWD. When purchased, our 2013 had less than 5,000 miles and the main reasons for purchase,in addition to price, was Toyota reliability, a good road car, that is safe, heavy, over 4,000 lbs, and balanced well for snow, rain, dry weather. The 2011 Venza traded had 43,000 miles and never had any issues, no dollars spent other then oil changes. When traded, the Goodyear tires still had lots of wear, miles left on them. We mainly use the Venza for long distance travel, and recently drove thru a snow storm for 400 miles. The roads were not well-plowed, but the Venza could easily handle snow up to 6-8 inches. We counted over 40 vehicles in the ditches, but the Venza transported us safely, in style and comfort, and was a sure footed animal in the snow. The only complaint is gas mileage. We get 16.5 MPG in city driving, 24.5 MPG on the highway, however one has to remember this is a 4,000 pound vehicle, and it takes a little horsepower, (gas) to get the Venza moving. We never considered getting the 4 cyllinder version as the difference in gas mileage 1-2 MPG wasn't enough to tempt us. Our current Venza, with Limited Pkg. has all options, including the tow package, (extra capacity oil cooler and radiator). The overall comfort, ease of getting in and out of the vehicle, 8 inch road clearance, the navigation system, stereo, front and rear sunroof, and the overall appearance, makes the Venza a winner in any weather.

great vehicle

by pontoon11 from Montgomery,Tx | January 4, 2014

V6 performs extremely well-smooth/good acceleration. The Limited model was worth extra money-electronics are nice feature. Ride is smooth, brakes good. Fit and finish are above avg. Would not hesitate to recommend this vehicle to family and friends.

VENZA 2013

by angladms42 from lizella ga | October 10, 2013

I bought XLE venza 2013, have bought last 3 toyota at butler toyota in macon, will match other dealers prices, just love my car, had a highlander, camry and now venza love this one the best is like the car , but and suv. love the ride. got 2.7 xle, loaded with everything. WOW! toyota stands behind there products no matter what and so does butler. angela adams lizella ga 31052

Best car I have ever owned.

by Sports car Enthusiast from Whitter ca. | September 30, 2013

I droved this car to vegas nv. and enjoyed how well it felt.Plus got good gas mileaged.Am very prod to own this car.