2007 Toyota Yaris

34 city / 40 hwy

Overall

Bulletproof

by Casey D from Orlando, FL | May 26, 2015

My Wife and I both own a 2007 Yaris. I have the 5-speed manual and she has the automatic. We have 250,000 miles between the two cars and they've basically been trouble-free. Yes, they are based on older technology. It's basic transportation. The seats are decent. Nothing special. Lots of glove compartments. They've never had issues with running. I had a water pump go out @ 30k miles and it was replaced under warranty, but it ran fine even when it had that issue. We're still on the original brakes, clutch, etc. Just do the basic maintenance and they just keep going. Electrically, not even so much as a headlight has gone out. They really are amazing little tanks.

Good Car

by Sue from Kansas | February 14, 2015

I bought this car brand new in 2007. Great on gas mileage. Now up to 117,000 miles still runs good. Hit a deer going 60 mph on highway, just had to replace bumper. Engine and other parts still good. Only problem since I have had it is the rubber part below the window when the window is up is ripping away it start 3 years after I had it. Now the paint job is getting really bad on top of car. And the car isn't really that old yet. Starting to come down the sides. As for room there is a lot. Other than the items I said above a very good car. Wish they had put a better paint job on it.

GET THE YARIS

by MISS ELLIE ^..^ AND HER CAT OLIVE from ILLINOIS | November 15, 2014

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS USE 100% FULL SYNTHETIC MOTOR OIL (EITHER MOBIL 1 OR AMSOIL). USE A LITTLE LUCAS OIL IN THE GAS TANK BEFORE A FILL UP. THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO HAVE ABSOLUTELY TROUBLE FREE DRIVING AT THE LOWEST COST WHILE YOU SAVE FOR YOUR "DREAM CAR". THIS CAR HAS ALWAYS STARTED (IN MIDWEST WINTERS). I HAVE THE 3-DOOR HATCH BACK. IF YOU DROP THE BACK SEAT, YOU HAVE A ROAD TRIP WAITING TO HAPPEN. WE GOT SKIS IN THERE FOR PETE'S SAKE. NO WORRIES ABOUT THE BARE BONES INTERIOR. LESS TO GO WRONG. NO WORRIES ON THE SLOWER ACCELERATION. SAFE DRIVING IS KEY. JUST RELAX. THIS BABY WILL GET YOU WHERE YOU NEED TO GO. GREAT LITTLE RIDE FOR THE MONEY. NOW I CAN SAVE FOR MY EXPLORER CONVERSION VAN (MY RETIREMENT ROAD DOG). THE TRUE DOWNSIDE IS WHEN THE HEADLIGHTS DIE AND NEED TO BE REPLACED. YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE ENTIRE FRONT END OFF TO CHANGE JUST THE HEAD LAMPS!! PAIN IN THE REAR TO PAY ABOUT $100.00 TO REPLACE THE HEADLAMPS. OTHER THAN THAT...THIS IS THE VEHICLE OF CHOICE FOR COMUTERS, COLLEGE KIDS AND BUDGET MINDED BUYERS. I JUST LOVE IT!!

Best Care I ever drove

by Josh from Rockford IL | March 3, 2014

My current mileage is at 161K and this care still drives like new. Only had to do basic maintenance, like brakes, oil change. Most reliable care ever.

Yar 1 and Yar 2

by Yar Lover from Richmond, VA | January 11, 2014

I bought an 07 Yaris brand new in 2007 and LOVED it! Easy and fun to drive! LOVE the polka-dot interior. When my husband totaled it while driving (he didn't get hurt), I was devastated! We looked online and within three days we found another 07 Yaris--SAME COLOR and MODEL--to purchase. I love this car so much I bought it twice. Excellent gas mileage, plenty of space with the seats folded down (especially in the hatchback), and basic, but just enough features. I highly recommend a Yaris.

My Favorite Car-Good on the Pocket Book

by Good Economical Transportation from Panama City, FL | July 23, 2013

The Yaris is not loaded with all kinds of amenities, but will save you a lot of gas money (fuel economy ranges from 33-49 mpg, with 33 for 100% city to 40-49 for 100% highway miles. It's even a little bit peppy to drive if you have the manual transmission model-that's an accomplishment for a vehicle with 106 hp/103 ft.lb of torque. Owned mine since new in 2007, and have no regrets. Only thing that it's missing is a standard tachometer, cruise control, and center armrest. Bought center armrest online, and cruise control can be installed by dealer here for $300-$400. However, you need to get the upgraded model or 4 door version to get a standard tachometer. Maintenance: Nothing more than standard items anticipated with any vehicle (tires, oil/coolant/transmission fluid changes, hoses, etc..). Replaced spark plugs at 80k-dealer claims they can last over 100k. Clutch is still good at 87k.

Our Best Buy!

by BrooklynTeach from Brooklyn, NY | February 23, 2013

First off, ours is a 5-speed manual, and we get about 44MPG on the highway. Second, we can park this car *anywhere*. I've maneuvered it into parallel parking spaces 2-3 inches bigger than the car--not kidding or exaggerating. The comfort is not the same as a posh SUV or even the dreaded and ubiquitous Camry, but we took a 1400-mile road trip in it last summer (including some camping), and we were comfortable. We're just a couple of urbanites, so our apartment is small, too, and we value being able to get a lot into a small space. Our Yaris hatchback has this in spades. Excellent driving, holds its own on the highway, great for city cruising, and perfect for those tiny parking spaces no one else can use. Plus we have a good sound system! We would buy this car again in an instant, no doubt about it. It would even work for a small family car, if you're good at planning.

Left with my Dream Car!

by Brittany from Miami,Fl | December 17, 2012

I'm a first time driver and I thought it was going to be difficult to finance a vehicle.I came across Florida Cars USA and they made my experience very pleasant. They were very patient,nice and provided me with fast and excellent service. They work well with you and I'm going home with my dream car!

Yuri the Yaris

by AK Immigrant from Alaska | June 19, 2012

I love my Yuri. (My friends named him... I promise!) i bought him in Wisconsin and used him to travel around the state visiting family and the seven mile trip to work, school, home, groceries... The fuel efficiency is great. I drove from Madison to Indianapolis and from Madison to Elsah, IL both on one tank. Last month, I loaded him up and drove to Alaska. Sleeping became a little complicated as I couldn't recline my seat, but he was a trooper climbing the mountains while loaded with my stuff. MPG went down a little, but I found I could still drive over 300 miles to the tank. The heat warms up quickly. The air cools off quickly. I love the extra little storage spaces. I love the turning radius (great for turning around when parked on the neighborhood street!). My six foot tall father is comforatable in the backseat, though he says he can feel everything during the trip as it sits on the wheel base. My only regret with a two door car is not being able to open the back windows when it's a beautiful day. It takes longer to circulate the air. The controls in the middle takes some getting used to but as another reviewer said, now it is awkward when driving another car with the controls in front of me. I love everything about my Yuri!

Gr8 Little Car

by B. gas economy fan from Phoenix, AZ | April 30, 2012

The Yaris is a fun car to drive. For such a tiny engine, it is a quick little car. The AC is cold, and the seats are comfortable. And most important feature is, in the city, with the AC on, it is getting 33.3 mpg(39 hwy). It has a decent factory sound system, pwr windows & door locks, and after driving it nearly 2 months, it's like the old song by QUEEN, "I'm In Love With My Car". I highly recommend this car. (btw, this is my 8th Toyota)