2010 Toyota Yaris

29 city / 36 hwy

Overall

Excellent Utility Car

by William from Abilene Texas | July 1, 2015

I bought my 2010 Yaris in January 2010. Since then I have purchased a 2012 Honda Civic (did not trade in the Yaris) and a 2013 Hyundai Sonata (did not trade in the Yaris). Out of all these cars, the Yaris is driven the most. It drives OK, its power (considering it only 91.3 cubic inch motor) is OK. Its gas mileage is really good with an average of 36-38 mpg. On a few longer trips it has averaged between 42-44 mpg. Center mounted dash means that it has three glove compartments. It has two cup holders right in front of the AC vents. Cold drinks stay cold. Do not put your morning cup of coffee in one of these cup holders. Fold down the rear seat and a fully assembled 26-ich bicycle will fit in the car, I know because my wife just bought one. It is used for grocery shopping frequently because two and three weeks of groceries will easily fit in this car. The Yaris is a good all around utility vehicle and it is exceptionally reliable.

Great Little Car.

by Emily from Arizona | March 6, 2015

Very good car, reliable... I don't care what anyone says being only 5'1 this car is perfect size and I can see over the dash board, I can understand why people might say it's too small but that's only cause there talI, I feel like it was made for the shorter population.. That being said the ride is a little choppy takes time to pick back up speed, but overall a reccomended car.

Quirky Car

by Yaris Reviewer from Syracuse, Utah | January 24, 2015

I have had this car for five years, and as a commuter car it does very well. However, on the highway this car is terrible as the ride is harsh and choppy, and the road and engine noise is awful. Comfort is not part the Yaris package as the seats are hard and leg room is cramped. I would much rather drive my pickup truck on long trips. The front facial is poorly secured on the car as it has fell off twice. The last time I replaced all the clips and it is staying in place... for now. The fog light lens are made cheaply as both of them are broken. Rust has started forming on the rear hatch door several months after purchasing the car, dealer says that is not covered by the warranty. I hear how Toyotas are wonderful, great and awesome, but I'm not convince as this one leave a lot to be desired.

Yar

by Oh What a Feelin from Charlotte area | November 16, 2013

Having a need for a more economical vehicle that also did not need much work, I set out for one of the top five economy cars. While the Fit seemed more spacious and safer and better performing, it also cost a whole lot more, and it's life past 200k was a question mark. That had me settled on the Yaris. It was cheaper, the strong and proven 1.5 engine if maintained, should not even leak oil until 300k. Too, the Yaris gets better mileage. Starting in 2009, the Yaris got safer each year, except 2011. In 2012, the dash went back where it belongs. I have the sedan, which didn't score as well safety wise as the Hatchback, but is 22 inches longer than the hatch with the same mileage. I drove to Fla. and got 38 mpg at 80-85 mph, and got 36 on the way back. I have been getting 32 mpg combined with a worst mileage of 26 in the city. I chose the sedan that had the tach, power windows and locks, cruise and fog lights. One can put all that stuff in, if it doesn't come with, fairly cheaply, except the power window and lock part maybe. I would buy this again and again. What a great car. Not only do I fix cars for a living, I drive the ones I either enjoy, don't have to work on much or both. I found the listing for the Yarii I looked at on Cars.com and thank you !

Excellent Little Car

by Nickname from | June 20, 2013

I bought this car 3 years ago and have put 35000+ miles on it. When I first bought it, I wasn't commuting, but I am glad I did, because the hour of commuting I do everyday now is much more enjoyable than it otherwise would have been. It is a very fun little car to drive. Being small, it handles turns and hills with no problems. The only complaint about the performance I have is when passing cars on a 2 lane highway, you need plenty of distance to get up to passing speeds. When I first bought the car, my (then) boyfriend and I took several hour + trips in it, all very comfortably. The problem became after a kid (along with car seat and all sorts of other things) came into the picture, we are starting to feel a bit cramped - especially now that number 2 is on the way! It seems that the time may be coming to upgrade to a Prius or Prius v. I would definitely recommend this car. Adults can travel in it with great ease, and even 1 small one.

It's a Keeper!

by Dee from Searsport, ME | April 23, 2013

When I first bought this car I had to endure a lot of ribbing from my four kids and husband for how small this car looks. However, it wasn't long before everyone started asking to borrow my car for long trips. It is comfortable and great on gas! They are all quite humble about my little Yaris now. The only down side to having such a small car is that you can feel the wind gusts on bad weather days in New England. On the up side, I am not one who enjoys highway driving, but this car is so cozy that I no longer have any reservations about hitting the highway. In fact, I never enjoyed driving much at all until I found this car. I would recommend this car to anyone. My kids keep asking me when I plan on selling it so they can buy it. Unfortunately or them, I plan on finding out if Toyotas really can make it to over 300,000 miles!

Amazingly Awesome Car

by Crazy busy Yaris Owner! from Orchard Park, NY | September 11, 2012

I bought my yaris 32,000 miles ago and I am still in love with it. I have the five door hatchback, and the amount of items I can fit into the car is amazing! I have avereged about 38 MPG, but I have recieved as high as 44MPG!!!!!! I live in the hills and never have been stuck in the snow, or had to even worry about the hard winters in Buffalo. (I do put snow tires on but I think anyone up here should) very reliable little car, and not a lot of money! Plus Toyota's are always known for lasting forever!! I use the car for everything, I needed something reliable, becasue I am an EMT and do a lot of volunteering all over. And this car has proved it's amazing skills!! I love all the little hideaway compartments!

Fun car Great value

by mrv from Boston | June 19, 2012

This car certainly doesnt feel like its a 1.5l 4cyl. Unlike small engines from before this performs respectfully even while using the AC. Off the line this responds immediately, and it keeps up with traffic just fine on the highway. Fuel economy is impressive too. I drive faster and slightly more aggressive than most, and i have never gotten less than 35mpg. Last week i got 38mpg with a mix of 70%highway and 30% city. This week i got 40mpg. Highway noise is slightly higher than the the higher priced Toyotas

Love it

by Angel from Mountain View, MO | June 11, 2012

Got the sedan. Great trunk room. When my grandson first looked at it he asked if I really wanted it because it seemed so small. After he got in his comment was" Grandma it has more room then Mom's car!" Now he can't wait to get his license so he can drive it. I got 42 miles per gal on the Hwy and have averaged 38. I Really love it

Love this car

by yarislover from Boulder, CO | March 20, 2012

I originally was wanting and echo because I thought that they were so cute but the Yaris is the newer model and they have stopped making echos. I love my Yaris it is adorable, easy to park and fun to drive. The only thing I don't like is that you have to let it warm up for a while when you start it or you will have to drive in a lower gear than Drive like 2nd. The dash (gas gauge, spedometer, oil) is in the middle of the dash instead of right in front of the driver so that threw me off at first. I LOVE the cupholders, instead of crowding up the the middle they are on the dash by the side windows. Super accessible and genious. The trunk is super spacious without having to have a long car which I love. And the gas millage is excellent!